• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hmm sorry gotta drop it, I gave my friend ruby and now i have emerald and i wanna play my own game first. Maybe another time

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • sorry this took so long:

Started out my journey, saved an old guy from a zigzagoon. obtained my starter, a mudkip who will be my HM slave.

Went and fought the old guy's daughter. We may have a thing going, she seems to admire my skills.

Got the Running shoes from my mom and headed to oldale, and then to petalburg, catching a lotad on the way. Talked to my dad and helped Wally catch a ralts. said goodbye and spent 105 minutes looking for a ralts. stupid low rate... anyway, left and headed for the woods, catching a tailow flyer on the way(Was deposited in pc immediately) walked into the forest.

Defeated the lousy team aqua grunt. noob.... got a greatball and left.

Ah, rustboro. it's time to shine.

I'm coming for you Roxeanne.

Levels:
    Ralts 5
    Lotad 9

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    This is Kiger Mustang's new account, just saying I'll be continuing the challenge (:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ok, defeated Wattson hours ago. :D
    I'm too lazy to say what I've done. You already know that its storyline stuff. >.>
    Oh, and by the way Flood and Brenny evolved. Now they're unstoppable!
    I was gonna go for a Spore + Focus Punching Breloom, but its better to evolve him early.

Ok, just the battle with Wattson:

TEAM

Triospecies Challenge - 3rd Generation

Brenny, the Breloom
    Male Lv. 25 @Miracle Seed
    ~ Headbutt
    ~ Mach Punch
    ~ Stun Spore
    ~ Mega Drain
    He's fast, he's mean but he's not a Spore + Focus Punching Breloom.

Potter, the Aron
    Male Lv. 24 @Soft Sand
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Mud Slap
    ~ Metal Claw
    ~ Headbutt
    With high defense that can make him survive Self Destruct attacks, he is only damageable by water.

Flood, the Gyarados
    Male Lv.24
    ~ Splash
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Bite
    High attack, FTW!!!!!

Actually, this team was after Wattson. I'm currently at Fallarbor right now, I'll update once I beat Flannery. :D
    EDIT: Anyone knows where I can get an early Heart Scale?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Game: Ruby (Emulator)
    Team: Shiftry, Masquerain, Aggron

Yep gonna start now.
    OK, I picked Mudkip because none of my team can Surf, and beat May with ease (it took four tackles) I now have my five Poke Balls and I'm going to catch Seedot and Surskit with it.

EDIT: Would it be against the rules to hack the game to make Surskit more common in places it already exists? I haven't done it yet, just making sure its allowed.
    REDIT: Never mind, I found one anyways.

Last edited:

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • This seems really challenging.
    Game:Fire Red
    Team:Charmander, Mankey and Spearow

We already beat Brock and reached Mt. Moon.

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
  • This sounds fun ^-^

Game: Ruby .
    Team: Blaziken , Ludicolo & Exploud (:

Oh, and I'm doing it on an Emulator (using my Emerald for another challenge) , just so ya know . ;D

EDIT : I just realised I can't get Ludicolo in Ruby, so I'll go with Gardevior instead .

Last edited:

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    It's been a while since I last did a challenge (Normal Mono Type challenge on FireRed a year or two years ago), so this one sounds nice and I'll be doing:

Game: Ruby (Catridge)
    Pokémon: Linoone (Normal) | Mightyena (Dark) | Crobat (Poison/Flying)

I'll start my challenge soon hopefully. I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:

Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
    Years
  • Yeah Okay, i'll give it a go.

Game: Pokemon Emerald
    Team: Shiftry, Ludicolo & Alakazam (Evolved from Seedot, Lotoad & Abra)

- Will be using an Emulator & Posting my Progress soon!

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Part One - (Just Like) Starting Over
    Date played: 12/05/2010

So this story of a young trainer started like any other, with the predictable opening introducing the Pokémon universe and the other usual tedious stuff. This story however started a little differently. Our main protaganist was travelling to his new home in the back of a moving van. Great parenting Mother and Norman! I'm going to call the Social Services and Childline once I've beaten the Elite Four.

Anyway, I was introduced to my new home, which currently consisted of a Machoke doing strange things to the television set and another Machoke constantly walking back and forth with a box. Dear me.

So on the orders of Mother, I set the clock and got the traditional Potion from the computer and left to meet the most boring neighbours ever. Bland mother and May, who I originally thought was the most irritating character in the series, until Lyra came along. May is a sucky rival, unlike the extremely cool R/B/Y and G/S/C rivals.

So, found Professor Birch, who fails so hard since he can't defend himself from a Poochyena (protaganist likes the look of that little wolf) and grabbed Treecko from the bag of drugs, I mean balls. Defeated Poochyena with ease, vow to catch one soon and return with Birch to his lab of tricks, where I nickname Treecko, Gecko. After trying to refuse to see his **** of a daughter, I eventually agree and Birch tells me she'll teach me how to be a trainer. Yeah right, I'm the master, she's just a crappy character.

Do the usual stuff, beat May's Torchic easily, despite not having even trained Gecko. He grew a level and returned back home to get a few Poké Balls, the Pokémon equivilant of Wikipedia in the Pokédex and the Running Shoes from our wonderful parent of a Mother. This makes up for keeping me in the back of a van.

Straight away, a Zigzagoon (Raquel, may change the nickname) and Poochyena (Duran, named after the band Duran Duran and their song, Hungry Like the Wolf) appear and they are caught easily. Training them is difficult, but worthwhile. Is irritated by how often Tackle actually misses though.

Raquel's Pick Up ability is useful though and has currently managed to pick up items such as a Nugget, five Super Potions, a Full Restore and three Ultra Balls. Underrated Pokémon definitely. Duran is a little weak at this stage, but still quite good, just fragile and his attack is a little bit weaker than I'd like.

Saw Norman and dickhead Wally (again, another crap character) who needed help catching a Ralts, when he seemed perfectly fine to me. Pointless tutorial.

Went into Petalburg Woods, saw Team Magma bullying a man in uniform and I proved that Duran was highly superior to the Grunt's Poochyena and he ran off crying, since he failed to even make an attack on me. Man in uniform cried with happiness and gave me a Great Ball. Would've preferred a Master Ball, but still can't have everything.

Training my team for Roxanne was a little tedious, however and I fought every trainer and battled in the grass repeatedly. Once Duran learned Bite, he became much more useful and has since overtaken Raquel as my stronger team member and handled Roxanne pretty easily, despite her instance on using two potions on her Geodude and Raquel getting knocked out by Nosepass after a few Sand-Attacks. Got the first badge and now I'm going to take a break in updating until I've beaten the next Gym.

* * * * *​

The Terrible Two (so far)

Raquel the Zigzagoon
    Lv. 14

- Tackle (Normal)
    - Sand-Attack (Ground)
    - Tail Whip (Normal)
    - Headbutt (Normal)

Duran the Poochyena
    Level 15

- Tackle (Normal)
    - Howl (Normal)
    - Sand-Attack (Ground)
    - Bite (Dark)

Years
  • Well I think I'll join this.

Game: Sapphire
    Team: Blaziken, Aggron, and Sableye

Seems like a fun challenge. Looking forward to it!

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • I've just reached Silent Bridge. I've gotten four of the badges. My team is now:
    Charcoal(Charizard) lv 39
    Fear(Fearow) lv 38
    Monkey(Primeape) lv 38
    And three HM slaves:Cutter(paras), Geo'd(Geodude), and Surf(Vaporeon).
    Slowly getting to the end.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • Update:
    My three pokemon are all at level 53, we need Giovanni's badge, and I traded Geo'd and Surf 's role with a Snorlax (Eater). Should reach Elite Four before Friday.

Years
  • I'm readdddy to start.
    I'll be playing Emerald with Breloom, Sharpedo, and Grumpig
    Thanks

Last edited:

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
  • Ugh, I just reached Elite Four, I realize that we are under-leveled by 6 levels. And I have a low supply of Hyper potions. I will be able to (hopefully) defeat them all tonight.

Edit: Should have screen shot tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back