• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Troll Decks

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    I really want to make a troll deck of Darkrai EX and 59 dark energy but... Does it work? Does it even troll people? I want to know. Thanks!

Years
    I'm not even sure a deck like this is actually allowed anymore, haha. If it's been banned, you'd have to blame Mewtwo Mulligan for this type of deck being banned. It had 4 Mewtwo and 56 Psychic Energy. Even if it's not banned, it's just not in good sportsmanship at all.

Besides, a deck with just a single Darkrai EX for the Pokemon would not be effective at all in competitive play.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I'm not even sure a deck like this is actually allowed anymore, haha. If it's been banned, you'd have to blame Mewtwo Mulligan for this type of deck being banned. It had 4 Mewtwo and 56 Psychic Energy. Even if it's not banned, it's just not in good sportsmanship at all.

I did the Mewtwo deck just for kicks at my league. Except I had a couple of extra trainers; ethers, scramble switch, energy switch. It was hilarious and I wound up beating two of the three gym leaders that night.

I love troll decks, they're so much fun just to mess around with.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Mulligan Mewtwo lost to Energy Removal, Darkrai loses, and Heatmor loses the turn it fails to discard four fire energy. Here's a real troll deck:

Pokemon: 16
    1 Aggron EX Crystal Guardians
    1 Lairon
    1 Aron
    1 Aerodactyl Fossil
    1 Dark Vileplume Team Rocket
    1 Dark Gloom Team Rocket
    1 Oddish
    2 Azelf Legends Awakened
    2 Uxie Legends Awakened
    1 Rattata Team Rocket
    2 Exeggcute Plasma Freeze
    1 Claydol Great Encounters
    1 Baltoy Great Encounters

Trainers: 40
    1 Mysterious Fossil
    2 Broken Time-Space
    2 Professor Oak
    4 Erika
    4 PokeDrawer+
    4 Computer Search
    4 Item Finder
    4 Junk Arm
    1 Luxury Ball
    3 Level Ball
    1 Pokemon Trader
    1 Pokemon Communicator
    2 Swoop! Teleporter
    1 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone
    4 Scoop Up
    1 Pokemon Retriever

Energy: 4
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Really, the only way you can mess this deck up is if you somehow discard more than two DCE, and if you're worried about that, add a Raticate FireRed LeafGreen. Otherwise, this deck is horrible to play against, but it trains the mind, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    I've tested out a 2 keldeo ex troll deck on ptcgo (with life dew, giant cape, flare grunt and 39 energy) and I've won pretty much all the matches I used it in. Thanks and I'll remember to get revenge on the pyroar guy I faced! (just kidding)

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    What you're building is not Troll.dec, but a Quad-_________ deck, which used to be popular since Texas states in 2012 or something, where a quad Terrakion deck won even though I built quad decks before those became popular, grumblegrumblegrumble So, yeah, they are legit decks, but they should not have 39 energy. Playing more supporters, Professor's Letter, Energy Retrieval, Potions, etc. is the way to go. Here's the list that I got the idea to play competitive quad decks when I was messing around in the Pokemon TCG gameboy game.

Pokemon: 5
    4 Diglett
    1 Porygon

Energy: 14
    14 Fighting Energy

Trainers: 41
    4 Professor Oak
    3 Bill
    2 Energy Retrieval
    4 Energy Removal
    2 Super Energy Removal
    3 PokeBall
    2 Scoop Up
    3 Computer Search
    4 PlusPower
    4 Defender
    3 Item Finder
    4 Gust of Wind
    3 Potion

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    What I think is a troll deck (maybe) is this: Heatmor +59 fire energy. I saw this review on a website and I completely agree with it: Three fire on Heatmor, every time you discard from your deck you get a fire energy and its attack does 200 damage every turn

FurretFTW!!1!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    But you have only 90 HP. I guess it is a definition of trolling.

Back