• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying My Hand At Chaining, Any Requests?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    :D You're awesome! Thank you so, so much.
    And congrats on getting your first shiny via chaining! I tried doing it so many times, and always ended up messing it up. It takes a lot of patience to do that.

DemureGirl

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    @Beanzy100000

Chaining is where you use the pokeradar (DPt) to chain pokemon and have a higher chance of getting shinies. It is very complicated and took me awhile to understand :P You can find a lot of information on it including how-to tutorials by using serebii, bulbapedia, smogon, youtube (for how-to videos. There are a lot), wiki.answers, ehow, and a lot of other sites. Just search "How to Chain for Shinies" on google. It will come up with videos and websites. Ignore if they say "How to chain for Shinies on Platinum/Diamond/Pearl" because they are all the same method. If you have any further questions regarding shiny pokemon feel free to PM me about it:)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    chaining is easy, the fact people want IVs with shinies now kinda made chaining pointless

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    chaining is easy, the fact people want IVs with shinies now kinda made chaining pointless

Just because there is less demand for it does not mean it is pointless. Not everyone is interested in only Pokémon with good IVs.

@DemureGirl: That being said, I'd love it if you could chain me a shiny Ditto. I could RNG breed a Shiny Caterpie for you in return. I've never had the patience for chaining :P.

beanzy100000

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2011
    i cant even chain :/
    I got a chain of 11 bidoof, 7 roselia and 5 starly's but that's it :/

Back