• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Trying to add more emotes (like the "!" icon) with hilarious results

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
Years
  • I figured this would just be a case of "add my stuff to the existing structures". That works pretty well for most pokeemerald stuff.

But no.

Here are just some of the results when I tested it on Brendan's mom:
    https://youtu.be/-Oy7QLFgW7g

This is the result of me using (for example)
    Code:
    applymovement LOCALID_RIVAL_MOM, Common_Movement_AngryEyes

I can't for the life of me figure out where it's pulling these other animations from (and why!) -- can anyone help me make sense of it?

Luckily there exists a git commit where these are the only changes I made, so if there's ever a good time to debug my horrible code, it's now! 😅

Thanks so much <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I figured this would just be a case of "add my stuff to the existing structures". That works pretty well for most pokeemerald stuff.

But no.

Here are just some of the results when I tested it on Brendan's mom:
    https://youtu.be/-Oy7QLFgW7g

This is the result of me using (for example)
    Code:
    applymovement LOCALID_RIVAL_MOM, Common_Movement_AngryEyes

I can't for the life of me figure out where it's pulling these other animations from (and why!) -- can anyone help me make sense of it?

Luckily there exists a git commit where these are the only changes I made, so if there's ever a good time to debug my horrible code, it's now! 😅

Thanks so much <3

I'm guessing the issue is that your field effect IDs are in a different order than your field effect pointers.

For example FLDEFF_ANGRY_EYES_ICON has the value 72, but the field effect pointer at index 72 is actually gFieldEffectScript_UseTeleport.

Last edited:
    Back