• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trying to hatch a Shiny Chikorita egg in PKMN Pearl (Masuda Method)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightEspeon ♥!

Espeon is awesome!
    Years
    I've been doing this since Dec 26 2009 (which is a year xD).
    I still haven't got no shiny yet.
    I hatched over 300 eggs!
    Any tips?

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Get lucky. And really, over 300 isn't good enough :/ Your chances are still 1/2048. Theoretically you've got up to about 1700 more hatches to go through before you will get a shiny.

There honestly isn't much you can do about increasing your chances any more than using the Masuda method. Just get lucky. If you believe in a god, pray to it before the egg hatches. That's about all you can do >_>

-EDIT to save space instead of posting a new post-

um are you using one forein pokemon and one regular/????????????/
    Uhhh....DUH. That's what the Masuda method is.

There's like a 8653/1 chance of encountering a Shiny, possibly less to hatch one. I was graced with luck to hatch a Shiny Cleffa in Crystal Version, never found a shiny since.

8653/1 is 8653. You meant 1/8653 and that's not even right. It's 1/8192, or 1 over 2 to the 13th power. Just stick to 1/8000 if you don't need to get technical or don't wanna remember the number. And this constant applies to both hatching and encountering one. Also, the Masuda method increases this number to 1/2048. At least know what you're talking about before trying to help.

Last edited:

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    There's like a 8653/1 chance of encountering a Shiny, possibly less to hatch one. I was graced with luck to hatch a Shiny Cleffa in Crystal Version, never found a shiny since.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

1. 8653/1 is 8653%.
    2. The normal chances are 1/8192.
    3. Through the Masuda Method, you have a 1/2000 chance.
    4. The chance is the same for all forms of enounctering Pokemon. Unless you do stuff, such as Poke Radar, Masuda Method, RNG Manuplation.

To the thread creator: Are you using an English Pokemon a Pokemon of another language, such as a Japanese or French one?

Also, since the 26th is not long, at all. In fact, it's rather short, even for this way. Every egg has a 1/2000 chance, that doesn't mean after 2000 eggs you will get a shiny. Be patient. :/

And 300 eggs? Only? Yeah, most people don't even get shiny eggs until around 900-3000.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Like Black Ice said, get lucky. I got lucky yesterday hatching some eggs for a team, got a shiny timid voltorb, and I wasn't even trying to get a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Just....keep hatching till you get one. Theres no other trick to it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back