• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 3 - Dragonite (+1) VS Salamence (-1)

Years

No pokemon holds a more special place in my heart. As a lover of dragons and all things related to them, the og dragon will always make me nostalgic. There's also some magic in this gentle giant's design. The warm smile and color scheme is like the sunlight shining on me, and just seeing this fella makes me feel good all over.

Years

I love the PokeDex entries for the Bagon line.

"By evolving into Salamence, this Pokémon finally realizes its long-held dream of growing wings. To express its joy, it flies and wheels all over the sky while spouting flames from its mouth."

DBbb5df.jpeg

Days

For similar reason, I also didn't participated much in previous round. Although I do like Dragonite for battles purposes as said previously, but design-wise Salamence looks better. And if Garchomp or Dragapult would have been in this scenario, then these two would have been preferred most probably.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday

I like Salamence too, but I'm fine with not everything being menacing. Dragons would quickly become one note. I'm glad there are Pokemon like Dragonite for this reason.

Years

I think Zeostar put it perfectly. Salamence has a solid design, but I don't think it's better than Dragonite's, they are just expressing something different, and that variety within the community is nice, we have beautiful dragons, fearsome ones, kindly ones, funny ones, and I love Dragonite's appearance for the kind of dragon he is. You know you want to hug that.

1000001257.jpg

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday

I think Zeostar put it perfectly. Salamence has a solid design, but I don't think it's better than Dragonite's, they are just expressing something different, and that variety within the community is nice, we have beautiful dragons, fearsome ones, kindly ones, funny ones, and I love Dragonite's appearance for the kind of dragon he is. You know you want to hug that.

View attachment 158699

Yeah I adore Salamence, Hydreigon, and even Haxorus which is in my top 5 favorite pokemon of all time.

But I like that they can strike a delicate balance and have pokemon such as Dragonite and Drampa. It very much makes this a great typing all together.

Dragonite reminds me of a storybook or fairytale creature. Even as a kid I thought it was instantly endearing.

Years

As far as huggable dragons go, I'd prefer Goodra myself.
Dragonite is huggable too, but not as much to me.

I think Altaria might be top contender for that though. How can I not want to hug a dragon with big flooffy cloud wings =3
Spoiler:

Years

While Dragonite's my favorite, I'd hug Goodra too, preferably while I am wearing rain gear since he can get sticky, give it a pep talk to believe in itself, then ride on Drampa and pretend it's Falkor from the Neverending story. Meanwhile Appletun would be an armoatherapy pillow I flop down on filling the room with apple cinnamon fragrance after a long flight, and altaria could sing us all to sleep with magical melodies.

Days

In all of the pseudo-legendary Dragons, entry for Dreepy to Dragapult is amazing.

Spoiler:

Dragonite never appealed me that much, although I like to use him time-to-time. But Salamence looks nice but I use him as spice pick. In terms of cute Dragon, I like Lati@s much more than Dragonite or Drampa.

Years

I only recall using Dragonite's line once. I generally tend to prefer Pokemon from the region I'm playing in so I've never really used it outside of Kanto.
Only time I recall using it is in gen 1 when I grinded the slots for a long time for one.

Some art of a whole bunch of Dragons =3
Spoiler:

Back