• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 5 - Armarouge (+1) VS Ceruledge (-1)

Years

Spoiler:

For trade evos;
    I like how most trade evo Pokemon can be just caught nowadays. Some of them are still locked to stuff like specific Raid Dens, forcing you to be lucky with your daily draw of raid den Pokemon, but at least you can actually catch them yourself.

Trade evos are the biggest reason I never tried to complete a PokeDex before Sword/Shield.

Years

Poor Magmar not getting invited huh =P

I started with Yellow. I was sad in lgpe eevee that Charmander was no longer offered to players with no strings attached like the npc did before. I had nowhere near the 50 pokemon required to obtain him on my first visit to Cerulean City, but he was precious enough to return for later.

Get a catch combo of 11 and you can just catch it yourself on routes 3 and 4. Could potentially consider it as 'strings attached', but the 11 catches combo required to get a 50% chance to spawn the 'rare' spawn of the route was not hard to do from what I remember.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

On the topic of trade evos, I also never used to use them in the older Gens. I later gained the ability to trade with myself, but even then completing PokeDexes didn't really matter to me back then, and all the trade evo Pokemon were uninteresting to me for use on teams so I never did it. Now though my interests in Pokemon games have completely shifted around to only really caring about filling up the Dex, so still being able to trade with myself in modern games has been really helpful for that.

And on the topic of LGPE, I've done a lot of shiny hunting in those games just because of how easy it is lol. And ReKoil's right, getting Charmander to spawn in the early routes is really simple with just a decent CC! (I'd even considered shiny hunting it before I got destracted by the impossible to find Porygon I've STILL been hunting... 0_0)

Back