• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 6 - Pikachu (+1) VS Eevee (-1)

Years

Game Freak likes to connect Eevee to special mechanics of the game, having it evolve via that feature to showcase it. With gen 1 they all had stone-based evolutions. In gen 2 it was linked to time/ night and day. For gen 4 there were location-based evolutions. Gen 6 brought us affection. With Gen 8 they kinda did still follow the pattern of liking to a new game play feature , they just let eevee be the one to shine by giving it a gigantamax form.

I think they could have another eeveelution in store, and would keep an eye out for ways they can enter through changes introduced.

Years

Have a water type Arcanine.
    Spoiler:

Years

I'd acquire that Alolan variant. I generally do like Arcanine. I have dogs irl, I think this one has an appealing, regal design and appreciate it's balanced stats and many tools. I think the Hisui version is also an original and interesting idea with it's inspiration taken from those statues komainu that are meant to guard temples. My vote for Charizard is not a criticism of Arcanine. I had two choices I liked, but was required to take sides, so here I am.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Since switching sides is allowed in this game, I'm going to take the rare moment to mention that Arcanine was my second ever Fire type directly after Charizard. It was for my first playthrough of Heart Gold, I named him Wolf. After years of going without using one, I added one to my main team again in Shield, who I also named Wolf as a legacy. He, along with the three main Legendaries of the game became my first four Pokemon to fully clear the Single and Double battle formats of the 'battle tower' in that game, and earned medals for it as well. And in the PC-RP I'm doing featuring an alternate history of that same character from Shield, one of my main 6 Pokemon is meant to be that same Arcanine. A truly wonderful Pokemon.

Back