• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 7 - Stantler (+1) VS ... Mechastantler (-1) ?

Years

I pick Arcanine because it's heavier (155 kg)! Charizard would feel the Bodyslam move!

If arcaninie can go whoosh then charizard can soar In the sky.

Btw Gardevoir if arcaninie wins by hitting zero then by which number does Charizard wins?
    I'd rather say this, by 15th April, around the same hour I started this thread :
    - Points below 100, the good dog wins ;
    - Points at 100, draw ;
    - Points over 100, the dragon rules!

Who will win by then ? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited:
    Years

Spoiler:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Replace that with the Original Arcanine, and the match falls to 2HKO idea for Charizard. Whereas one Rock Slide is all that's needed from Arcanine.

Do consider that Rock Slide's accuracy is only 90, and Earthquake's is a perfect 100. So even if Arc as stronger, it could still lose due to luck.

Years
    Now my time has come to vote for Arcanine.....

I also took the closer look in yours case and found that the Arcanine which you chose is Hisui variant, whereas I had considered the original Arcanine !!

😄

Replace that with the Original Arcanine, and the match falls to 2HKO idea for Charizard. Whereas one Rock Slide is all that's needed from Arcanine.

And there I chose Adamant Nature to Maximize the damage from Charizard, with considering that Arcanine will go last. Added Soft Sand/Choice Band. Not guaranteed victory still.....

If it's the original Arcanine from Kanto then Charizard can still ohko it, but it does need a choice band, and usually heavy duty boots are what Charizard is going to have, so assuming there's no dynamic like that, or a dragon dance boost then Arcanine can survive one earthquake, but I don't think this form of Arcanine can use rock slide, at least Serebii, Pokemon Database and Smogon are only listing this in the learnset of the Hisuian one, not the pure fire one. It can use wild charge against Charizard, but that is still a 2hko.

Days
    It can use wild charge against Charizard, but that is still a 2hko.
    Hello there !!
    Nice to meet after you after long time !!
    👋
    I was surprised that Rock Slide is not available, but still we had got Wild Charge. So let me go by it :

Spoiler: Case 1 : Charizard with Choice Band + Jolly

Spoiler: Case 2: Slowing Arcanine....

Spoiler: Case 3: Impish Arcanine

😁😁😁😁😁

Last edited:
    Years

Arcanine can Dynamax too you know =P
    Gigantamax is just a cosmetic change... aside from getting one specific Max move.

Anyway Arcanine can have Intimidatie, which puts Charizard at a disadvantage if it isn't holding a Clear Amulet.
    Arcanine could also hold Air Balloon if need be to render zard's Earthquake useless on the first attack, then just Extreme speed on turn 2.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Can we talk a moment about early Gen Arcanine? Because I certainly remember having to grind a damn Growlithe all the way up to level 40 freakin' 9 JUST for it to learn Flamethrower! And while that was made slightly better passed Gen 3, it still really sucked having most of a Pokemon's moves completely locked out if you decided you wanted to use a stone on them early. Then, we get the modern way this works as a total overcorrection to this issue by giving Arcanine LITERALLY EVERY MOVE in its movepool at level 1 when evolved, making Growlithe pretty much obsolete lol.

Back