• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twaks Drawings.

Detwak

Meh.
Years
  • Hi people of PC, I'm going to use this thread to showcase of some of my traditional drawings. Please give criticism!

Well without further a do.

First of is Zubat:
    Spoiler:

Next is Lopbunny:
    Spoiler:

My own Naruto Character:
    Spoiler:

A raikou on a skate board (A person on another forum requested him from me):
    Spoiler:

Ichigo?:
    Spoiler:

I will update more later! And once again, please criticise!

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • Well, if you're looking for some criticism, I think I can help.

Right off the bat, I think you shouldn't bare down so hard on your paper. This is coming from personal experience, too. The more you bare down, the harder it is to erase. If you try erasing these hard marks, you're going to get black streaks all over you art. Try lightly sketching out your image first and then use a little pressure to define details!

Your Pokémon anatomy is decent at best, but it could use some work, though.

Your Zubat is okay, but, it is in a very stiff pose; if that's what you were going for, then that's fine. However, I highly suggest using some basic shapes to give your drawings some life. Using geometric shapes like circles and triangles, especially for a simple design like Zubat, will defiantly help! Your Lopunny is also stiff, but, it's considerably better than your Zubat. If it comes down to it, use visual references from the games, anime, or other drawings; just don't trace them. :P Generally, if you keep doing the same thing over and over again, you'll gradually get better at that particular subject.

The humans on the other hand.... are horrible, to say the least.

I can tell you tried, and that is what counts! I would highly recommend using visual references online and using your own body for a reference. Your heads look okay, and that's good. For your arms, I would suggest using a mirror and looking at the curves and bends that your own arm can do. If your arm can't do it, chances are, the character can unless they're Monkey D. Luffy. The same can be said for the legs, just look at your own legs or use visual references from stock photos. I use stock photos and they are extremely helpful. deviantART has a huge selection of stock photos to choose from, all of which are very high in resolution/quality. Check 'em out!

Do keep in mind, I am not saying this to be rude or hurtful. I am merely telling you on what I think can be improved. You have potential, that much I know. Just keep practicing and soon, you'll get the hang of it!

~Ęℓαчиıı

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I was thinking the same thing about the pokemon being better and the people being not as good, but I just also wanted to say that you should not draw pictures on lined paper. It's not that hard to find paper without lines on it! You can even use the back of papers that have words or pictures on 1 side and a black back, but just please no notebook paper.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i use to draw a lot on lined paper, i would get a sketch book for sure if you're pursing drawing (:
    the pokemon are great, i would try to make them a little more detailed. also, be careful when you erase. try drawing lightly at first so you can erase, then go over it when you like it(:
    keep practicing. can't wait to see more~

Back