• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twilight Masquerade top 10 cards

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    With Twilight Masquerade just two days out, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss our top 10 cards from the set. The ones listed in this post are my top 10 from what I'm interested in playing, so it's not necessarily the top 10 objectively best cards, nor is it saying objectively good cards like Greninja ex do not deserve a top 10 spot just because it isn't in my list. That's solely because it's a deck I'm not hugely interested in. With that said, let's get into it.

10. Bug Catcher's Set

BugCatcherSet.png

Bug Catcher's Set is an absolute must in any deck running anything grass heavy. Nearly all top 7 search cards are valuable in the current format, but being an item, searching for both Pokemon and energy and being able to take up to two is huge. Any deck relying on a Teal Mask Ogerpon ex engine will heavily benefit from this incredible card, it can also grab an Iron Leaves ex in decks teching it for the Charizard match ups. Festival decks will also see massive value from this card.

9. Thwackey

Thwackey.png

Thwackey is the backbone of any festival list, it's searchable with Bug Catcher's Set and it's ability is fantastic, not only allowing Pidgeot's utility on a single prizer, but allowing multiple per turn. The caveat of course is that it requires the active to have the Festival Lead ability. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Thwackey control list down the line though, running 4x Goldeen (with Festival Lead) to ensure a constant access to Boom Boom Drum. The Rillaboom is genuinely decent too in a control based deck as a one of.

8. Munkidori

Munkidori.png

If I learned anything from the hit movie "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" its that Ceaser was right when he signed "Apes together, strong". Munkidori doesn't look like much on the surface, but it's ability is incredible. Having three on the bench would allow you to move 90 damage from your side to the opponent, which is huge. Paired with Blissey ex (see further down) you can do some crazy plays.

7. Tatsugiri

Tatsugiri.png

It's Pokegear 3.0 on an ability (bypasses item lock that'd shut down gears) on a single prizer that's searchable by Buddy Buddy Poffin. Not a lot else to say about it, huge consistency boosting option in decks that require a supporter every single turn to run properly.

6. Jamming Tower

Jamming+Tower.png

Tool heavy format. Stadium that shuts down all tools. It just makes sense. Also, if you're playing against Gardy and you put this down you're just going to be taking additional prizes due to their reliance on glass cannons like Drifloon that are sat with Hp boosting tools and damage way beyond their initial HP pool. Tool stops working, the drif dies, simples.

5. Unfair Stamp

UnfairStamp.png

It's a better version of Roxanne, as an item, meaning you don't lose your supporter per turn. Control decks can get it back with Cyllene (or Magneton/Magnezone in Magnet Control). A great pick for a lot of control/stall decks.

4. Bloodmoon Ursaluna ex

BloodmoonUrsalunaex.png

In the same way that Unfair Stamp is a better Roxanne, Usra is a better Radiant Charizard. It's tankier, it splashes easily into any deck, it doesn't take up your only radiant slot in the deck. Not a lot else to say, just a near perfect late game cleaner.

3. Blissey ex

Blissey.png

Blissey is huge. A super tanky stage 1 with a phenomenal ability and a decent attack. Pair with Hero's Cape and you're at 400HP, have three Munkidori on the bench and a second Blissey ex and you can attach one dark energy, use the first Munki, use Blissey ex to move the energy to the next Munki, and the second Blissey to chain to the third Munki. This'll be moving 90 damage off of a 400HP tank in Blissey ex. It works with Cheron's Care, has access to Turo's Scenario (and can move the energy off of itself prior to being scooped up with Turo) and has a built in draw engine, giving it insurance against Unfair Stamp, Iono and Roxanne. Just a really solid, hard to kill card.

2. Teal Mask Ogerpon ex

TealMaskOgreponex.png

Ogerpon ex is incredible. It's grass typing is actually hugely beneficial in the format (Charizard ex and Roaring Moon ex both have grass weakness, there's very few decent fire type picks in format to hit Oger for weakness). The ability is the real selling point here, getting a free attach and a draw is huge. Paired with Bug Catcher Sets you can get a real rolling wave of Oger draws off. It pairs incredibly well with Raging Bolt ex (Temporal Forces) and will work well with Sinischa lists. The attack isn't awful and with a one retreat it's not going to be stuck in the active often. HP is pretty low, but not a huge concern here (especially when we look at other support ex cards like Mew ex, which sits at 180HP and Squawkabilly ex, which sits at 160HP) as it's going to be sat on the bench most of the game.

1. Dragapult ex

Dragapultex.png

What can I say about Dragapult ex? It's just a very potent card that has a huge amount of support. It bench snipes, it hits hard for little investment, the pre-evolution has an excellent consistency boosting ability, it pairs well with Xatu (Paradox Rift). It has no weakness, bulky HP and a very reasonable retreat cost. Definitely going to see a lot of play, and almost certain to knock Zard/Pidgeot down a tier.

Attachments

• Twilight Masquerade top 10 cards
      Dragapultex.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 0

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    I'm not really that much into the competitive scene, the main reason I collect is for the pretty artwork so i'll put my top 10 artwork here instead!

10. Palossand 054/101

9. Okidogi 064/101

8. Venipede 068/101

7. Floette 037/066

6. Crawdaunt 020/066

5. Ariados 005/066

4. Sinistcha ex 089/066

3. Ursaluna ex 091/066

2. Lana's care 093/066

1. Eevee 078/066

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I'm not really that much into the competitive scene, the main reason I collect is for the pretty artwork so i'll put my top 10 artwork here instead!

10. Palossand 054/101

9. Okidogi 064/101

8. Venipede 068/101

7. Floette 037/066

6. Crawdaunt 020/066

5. Ariados 005/066

4. Sinistcha ex 089/066

3. Ursaluna ex 091/066

2. Lana's care 093/066

1. Eevee 078/066
    Some genuinely good cards here like Ursaluna ex, Okidogi and Ariados

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I think it's way too early to consider what I think the best cards in the set are. Everything you listed does have great potential but I just don't feel like I'm able to confidently put together an ordered list of what'll be the best. Instead I'll just share some thoughts I have about these cards individually.

I think we're certain to see a lot of Dragapult since it seems like it's been hyped up for so long leading up to the set's release. So many people are saying it's gonna be the best card in the set.

I'm sad that Jamming Tower exists and is very appealing because I'm a Gardy player and I already start to cry whenever someone can just Lost Vac a tool off my Drifloon. The idea of Gardy needing to play a Stadium to counter Jamming Tower is tough because it doesn't seem to have a good Stadium outside of Artazon, which I'd hate to give to my opponent in a format with Charizard and Dragapult.

Tatsugiri is really cool, I think it's a great consistency booster, but how relevant is the point that it can work under item lock? I might be completely forgetting something, but the only kind of item lock I can think of in the current format is Banette. Either way, I think Tatsugiri will be something just like Jirachi from Team Up where it'll be great for consistency until the tool it requires to retreat leaves the format. The idea that you can search it out with Buddy Buddy Poffin is huge, though.

I just finished playing a couple games with Ogerpon/Raging Bolt and it makes me think Bug Catching Set isn't as good as people think it is because it seems like the big appeal of it is being able to grab Ogerpon and Grass Energy for it with a single card. I just adore the idea of playing Ogerpon with Bolt, and having it as support. I think Nest Ball is a more consistent way of searching for Ogerpon and Earthen Vessel is a more consistent way of searching for Grass Energy, and those are cards the deck is gonna be playing 4 of already. The fact you're pulling stuff off the top of the deck means it'll be less consistent in the early game where you'll really want the maximum results for it, and it'll be a lot better in the late game where you'll hopefully already have your board set up and won't need it. Throughout the SV era I've seen people say cards like Electric Generator and Eri aren't as good as people say they are because they're really important in the early game when they'll be the least consistent, and Bug Catching Set feels like just another one of those cards. Though, that's an opinion I want to be proven wrong because oh dear lord, Ogerpon Teal is so much fun. it's easily my favourite card in the set even if it might be too quick to say that.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    I think it's way too early to consider what I think the best cards in the set are. Everything you listed does have great potential but I just don't feel like I'm able to confidently put together an ordered list of what'll be the best. Instead I'll just share some thoughts I have about these cards individually.

I think we're certain to see a lot of Dragapult since it seems like it's been hyped up for so long leading up to the set's release. So many people are saying it's gonna be the best card in the set.

I'm sad that Jamming Tower exists and is very appealing because I'm a Gardy player and I already start to cry whenever someone can just Lost Vac a tool off my Drifloon. The idea of Gardy needing to play a Stadium to counter Jamming Tower is tough because it doesn't seem to have a good Stadium outside of Artazon, which I'd hate to give to my opponent in a format with Charizard and Dragapult.

Tatsugiri is really cool, I think it's a great consistency booster, but how relevant is the point that it can work under item lock? I might be completely forgetting something, but the only kind of item lock I can think of in the current format is Banette. Either way, I think Tatsugiri will be something just like Jirachi from Team Up where it'll be great for consistency until the tool it requires to retreat leaves the format. The idea that you can search it out with Buddy Buddy Poffin is huge, though.

I just finished playing a couple games with Ogerpon/Raging Bolt and it makes me think Bug Catching Set isn't as good as people think it is because it seems like the big appeal of it is being able to grab Ogerpon and Grass Energy for it with a single card. I just adore the idea of playing Ogerpon with Bolt, and having it as support. I think Nest Ball is a more consistent way of searching for Ogerpon and Earthen Vessel is a more consistent way of searching for Grass Energy, and those are cards the deck is gonna be playing 4 of already. The fact you're pulling stuff off the top of the deck means it'll be less consistent in the early game where you'll really want the maximum results for it, and it'll be a lot better in the late game where you'll hopefully already have your board set up and won't need it. Throughout the SV era I've seen people say cards like Electric Generator and Eri aren't as good as people say they are because they're really important in the early game when they'll be the least consistent, and Bug Catching Set feels like just another one of those cards. Though, that's an opinion I want to be proven wrong because oh dear lord, Ogerpon Teal is so much fun. it's easily my favourite card in the set even if it might be too quick to say that.

So a lot of decks, particularly decks like Bolt, Chien Pao and Ancient Box, run a really slim supporter line. Having a pokegear-like that can't be blocked is a big help in those situations where item lock is in play and your gears are offline. Outside of that, it's just a huge consistency boost to a lot of decks, particularly things like dragapult where you want a turn one Arven to get TM Evo up and running.

Bug Catcher's set is honestly essential in oger-bolt. I've been testing the deck for the last few weeks and it's such a powerful card. Since you're running way less fighting than prior Bolt lists you really need to commit a few of your vessels to grabbing fighting/lightning to ensure your Bolts can attack. BCS also works wonders late game, you can super rod 3 grass back in in the last turn when you've burned most of the energy in deck, hit a BCS and get the two grass needed to work the numbers. Paradoxically it's a huge consistency boost to the deck, allowing you to reserve your nest balls for bolt, sandy shocks, squawk, rad ninja etc.

Back