• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Two Worlds Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkinziggy

Hunting for shiny Articuno
    Years
    Sandra looked up to the... Ponyta's head. "So... where exactly are we going?" She was bumped by his galloping, and was almost thrown off, but luckily, her feet were rather sticky; but not enough to bother the Ponyta, of course.

Her belly growled, and she realized how hungry she was. With each bump, the hunger slightly grew. But she had eaten... rather recently, right?

Suddenly, she remembered reading a book as a human that caterpillars needed to almost constantly eat. That meant that if she grew enough, she would get to be a cocoon, or, even better, a chrysalis! Oh, such excitement! How she would love to be a butterfly!

"Anyone have a leaf or something?" she asked, looking around. But she was going too fast to grab anything nearby. Instead, she just lay down and rested her head on the horse's shoulder. Now that she was so small, riding on a horse was like being on an elephant, or airplane of some sort. She really couldn't tell which from this perspective. It was no insult to the Ponyta; she was just considering.

"Would you mind telling me your name again?" she asked shyly.

Nidoking OriginGiratina

Beware the roleplaying addict!
    Years
    A very silly Ava...

OoC: You should see other people on the other forums...
    And by the "bare minimum" do you mean the four-word, twenty-five character limit? I'm well over that, but I'm sure you're exaggerating :/

Ic: Ava, even though she was tucked contently on the back of the flaming horse, began to wail.
    "The horse is on fire!" she cried, "And I'm hungry! The barn's going to burn down and nobody's going to do anything about it! I wanna go home, ma! School is too dull! The chickens are drowning and I can't find the right tree! I stubbed my left toe on a checkbox! The button on my jacket is too thin and it won'd get through the candy bar!"

She changed her voice into a stern, deep one. "Young lady, go to your room right now. The horse is frozen in ice, you're bloated, the barn is flooded, there's firetruck and firemen in your bedroom, you're sitting on the roof, you could balance school's gyrocopter on the tip of a sharpened pencil, we don't own any chickens and no one ever has, we live smack in the middle of a forested desert, what's a checkbox, nobody has a jacket nor buttons and you're allergic to chocolate. Go dunk your face in a bowl of cereal."

And then, back in her high-pitched joy, she rolled around on the back of the horse laughing her head off. "Nobody doesn't like a bit of comedy drama!"

pumpkinziggy

Years
    Sandra had a fit of laughter, falling onto her back. "How funny can you get?" she asked.

"Let me try. May I?" she squeaked.

In the most normal, monotone voice she could, she said, "I like pies, but there aren't any floorbards for singing with. Why do I get the feeling that my fish lives in the toothpaste bucket because it's looking for the light?"

Then, she cried out. "I just made up a haiku!"

The caterpillar began to recite it.

"I think dirt's yummy.
    It has nutrients, so why
    Can't we eat the dirt?"

She rolled around for a moment, laughing.

Then, she said, "Darn it. Now I'm hungry." She dared not recite her poem any more, but when she tried, she just stared at the leaves longingly. "I'm hungry!" she cried sadly.

Nidoking OriginGiratina

Years
    Ava laughed with Sandra.

"That was as funny as mine! I personally, myself, would prefer not to eat dirt, but whatever you think,"

Her stomach growled, and she sighed. "I'm hungry too, but there's bound to be some food around here."

She lay on her back and looked innocently at the sky. Why had she been placed here? Why was she like this? At least she had made a friend to keep her company, but that wouldn't prevent her from starving to death before she had a chance to even find water.

What would she do?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    "I'm safe, but only for a bit…. I need to find Calin and get out of here!" Bianca was running through the lab rooms in a frenzy ducking and dodging that old guy with the shock white hair. He had spotted her after that Chimchar's trainer cried out and was now throwing strange red and white balls at her. What kind of crazy world are we in. "I mean doesn't that count as animal cruelty or something" she murmured running blindly past another room "And where the heck is Calin!"

Bianca sighed and skidded towards a halt, glancing at her surroundings, she was in the middle of the hallway and there was various rooms that she had already run through, except for the one to her right. Maybe Calin might be in there. She thought getting ready to peer into the room but out the corner of her eye she caught a flash of red and white "Oh crap!" and flung herself into the room and Professor Rowan muttered a few curses because he missed the Meowth.

"Crazy old man!" she growled to herself before scanning the room "Calin!" Bianca's eyes widened happily when she saw the Eevee, but he didn't hear here because he, along with a green Gecko were trying to dodge a blue penguin. Both had managed to get out the way, but then the Penguin turned and attacked the Gecko, with glowing white wings, who looked as though he wouldn't get away in time. Battle instincts kicking in Bianca charged at the blue bird and rammed the bird away, but had butted the Penguin with her head, sending it tumbling away.

"Piplup! Are you okay!" the trainer cried out

Bianca ignored the girl and her bird and the Gecko and ran over to Calin and hugged him tightly, before quickly letting him go and thwapping him in the back of his head with her paw "Don't scare me like that!" she exclaimed looking into his eyes, he was staring at her wondering why she hit him "Its bad enough already that I was reckless and now I'm being targeted by the PokéMafia and that I've been deemed public enemy number one to all Murkrow and Honchkrow" she sighed "I darn sure don't need you to get hurt or something by pulling a stupid stunt like this…" she grumbled in a scolding tone, her maternal nature coming out "Now who's the Gecko and why are these people and Pokémon attacking us?"

(Bleh its short and rushed ._. but I've kept you waiting long enough)

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    OOC: Nah, I liked your post Yashi. Bianca seems like the perfect person to knock some sense into Calin when he needs it. XD

Before Calin could help Mav, a cream-colored streak rushed past him, ramming the Piplup away. The Meowth walked over to him and hugged him tightly, and he had no doubt that it was Bianca. Quickly letting him go, she thrwapped him against the back of his head with her paw. "Ouch! What was that for?" he asked, staring at her quizzically and rubbing his head with his own paw.

"Don't scare me like that!" she exclaimed, looking into his eyes. Noticing his confused expression, she continued, "Its bad enough already that I was reckless and now I'm being targeted by the PokéMafia and that I've been deemed public enemy number one to all Murkrow and Honchkrow" she sighed "I darn sure don't need you to get hurt or something by pulling a stupid stunt like this…" she grumbled in a scolding tone. Calin flushed slightly in increasing irritation. Here he was being criticized by two of his friends when they didn't even fully understand why he'd come in the first place. Plus, his pride was aching a bit from having to be rescued by not one but two of his friends. Actually, he was more upset with the entire situation than with his friends, but he couldn't tell if they realized that.

"Now who's the Gecko and why are these people and Pokémon attacking us?"

Calin's mood lifted a little as he introduced his two friends. "It's Maverick, Bianca. Isn't it great? Now we just have to find Sandra if I don't miss my guess." He grinned as the two exchanged a greeting, which with Bianca could be anything. Stiffening as the Piplup began to stir, Calin added, "As for the other question, I suggest we continue this dicussion somewhere safer. Let's go." Grabbing the bag again and leading the way, he saw the front door in shambles, and when he glanced back at Bianca and Mav, Bianca shrugged, so he figured that Mav somehow had something to do with it.

As Calin ran toward it, he saw Turtwig blocking the way and slid to a stop, dropping the backpack. When the tortoise Pokemon saw him preparing to fight, he shook his head. "I'm not going to fight you this time. I really enjoyed your company earlier and wanted to let you escape as one last show of friendship, though when my new trainer is with me, I can assure you that this won't happen again. I can't imagine why you'd want to steal that human device, that pokedex, but you don't seem like a Pokemon who'd do a thing like that without a good reason, so I hope that it helps you." Standing aside, Turtwig muttered sadly, "Now go...."

Moved by the Pokemon willingness to disobey orders, even if it was temporarily, he froze for a second. "But-"

"GO!" Turtwig shouted suddenly, jarring Calin and his friends a bit. From somewhere in the back of the lab, Calin could hear running feet and shouts and knew that they didn't have any choice but to leave now anyway.

"Go ahead. I'll be right behind you." Calin said to his friends. Before following them out the door, he walked up to Turtwig and laid his paw on the Pokemon's shoulder, whispering, "Thank you, Turtwig. I hope that we meet one day soon as friends again when all of this is over...." Brightening a bit, Turtwig nodded to Calin before pushing him toward the door. Picking the backpack up again, he looked back at the kind Pokemon once more. Smiling to himself, he ran to catch up to Bianca and Maverick. At least I made one new friend, even if it didn't last long.... Maybe we will be able to be friends again one day after all.....

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Once the trio had safely made it outside the lab Bianca decided to take charge and lead the way back to Kalec and the others, but making small idle chatter while they made it back to the group "Okay, so I think were all together." She murmured to Mav and Kalec "There's umm 8 of us I think, its me Calin, Kalec, Mavrick, Sandra, she got changed into a large red worm and Ava, she is some sort of spotted egg thing and Joseph, he's a grim reaper looking ghost! I guess Gale, but I dunno what happened to her maybe we'll meet up with her along the way" Bianca said.

"But that leads me to another question…." She paused thoughtfully "Where exactly are we gonna go Calin and what are those things you took from the lab for?" Bianca scanned the area, they were not to far off from where she the group, she could hear Ava and Sandra chatting a ways off with her heightened hearing "And that guy we saw the night before we got turned into Pokémon, what are we gonna do about him huh?" her eyes narrowed as they made it near the clearing where the others were "I'm back guys! Operation Rescue Calin is complete and we found Mavrick!" she exclaimed padding over towards Ava, Kalec, Sandra and Joseph.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Gale, in the meantime, took the time to look up info. on the others.

"Let's see... Meowth (it should be NYASU), Ponyta, Eevee (EIEVUI), Treecko, Turtwig, Piplup, Starly... Man, this stinks..." she muttered. She had been following Calin for the last few moments, wherever he was headed towards. She made sure she kept her distance, especially when she realized some of his other "cronies" were following him as well.

It was then that she heard the Meowth say her name. Gale paid closer attention, but discovered not much was said about her. Well, I am unknown to them; they all sound like they get along, she thought. She also scowled when she mentioned someone was a grim reaper-like ghost. People used to call me a grim reaper based on my demeanor in my present life... Sighing, Gale continued to follow them.

She got curious with what else the Pokedex could do, so she opened it up and began toying with it. Eventually, the screen turned off, and when she tried turning it back on, nothing. "Shoot," she murmured, and tried pressing all the buttons at once. Nothing. Suddenly, a large three-dimensional map came up, and Gale assumed the red dot was her current location.

"Well, this may prove to be useful," she quietly said. And thus, she continued to follow Calin and pals to wherever they may be headed.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    [FONT=&quot]Maverick waited, but no such final blow came. Instead, he heard someone dash past him and knock the Piplup away. The Piplup's Trainer cried out, "Piplup! Are you ok?" Mav slowly opened his eyes and saw that it was Bianca, who had become a cat like pokemon, had done the save. She had rushed toward Calin, but what happened after that he didn't see, as he was busy climbing down from on top of the bed that he had been fighting on. He didn't join them just yet though, as he saw a computer document. That might be useful… came the thought. He climbed up to the computer's desk, and quickly printed off a copy, hoping that no-one would miss one sheet of paper. He jumped back down just in time for Bianca to mention him. "Now who's the Gecko and why are these people and Pokémon attacking us?" Calin had replied, "It's Maverick, Bianca. Isn't it great? Now we just have to find Sandra if I don't miss my guess." Mav heard what sounded kind of like a groan, and realised that they'd have to get out quickly. He was about to say so, but Calin beat him to it. "As for the other question, I suggest we continue this discussion somewhere safer. Let's go." Calin led the way, and stopped for a second when he saw the door to the lab in splinters. Calin looked over at Mav and Bianca. Mav decided to keep quiet for the moment. Then, the Turtwig spoke up. "I'm not going to fight you this time. I really enjoyed your company earlier and wanted to let you escape as one last show of friendship, though when my new trainer is with me, I can assure you that this won't happen again. I can't imagine why you'd want to steal that human device, that pokedex, but you don't seem like a Pokemon who'd do a thing like that without a good reason, so I hope that it helps you." He then muttered something, but Mav couldn't understand it. Calin paused for a second, then said, "But-" "GO!" Turtwig suddenly shouted. Calin turned to Mav and Bianca, and said, "Go ahead. I'll be right behind you." Mav obeyed, and looked down at the sheet of paper he was now holding in his hands. He grinned to himself, and read the heading in his mind again. How to use a pokedex… His thoughts were interrupted by Calin, running back to join the little group. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bianca had started to say something, but Mav didn't really take notice. Not until they reached the others, anyway. Then Bianca had started to shout a bit. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]"I'm back guys! Operation Rescue Calin is complete and we found Maverick!" At this, Mav couldn't resist a little bit of a joke. "It's a bit hard for you to not find me, what with-" He was immediately cut off by a shudder that ran through his body. "Wow, is it just me, or is cold around here?" This was punctuated by another shiver. Heat, I need heat…" He rushed over next to who he assumed was Kalec, muttering to himself about the fact that he was now cold blooded. Then, behind him, materialized a familiar purple shape...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Nidoking OriginGiratina

Years
    Ava didn't know what was going on right now. She muttered a quiet squeak and gazed nervously around. Blurs were moving past her eyes, btu she didn't know why.

"Where are we?" she screeched, close to tears. She turned out that she was sitting in the middle of the floor, still unnoticed. No one was paying attention to a tiny thing like her. Would she even survive something like this? While she was dreaming, she might as well get used to it.

She twiddled her tiny arms around and gazed down at the round shell that coated her body. She lay backwards on the cold ground. She couldn't help repeating it.

"Cold ground. Cold ground. Cold ground. Cold ground. Cold ground. Cold ground. The ground is cold." She shivered. "Why am I even talking? This is just a dream." Her head pounded. She had never been this anxious before.

Suddenly, she screamed. "HELP!"

pumpkinziggy

Years
    Sandra shouted, "Yay, mission complete!" She crawled off the horse, which was rather awkward because she had to go down his leg, and tried to jump, but could only get her forelegs off the ground. Then she landed on them, and her rear shot into the air. "Aah! Cold floor!" she cried. She looked over to Ava. "You think so too? So it's not just me?"

Then Ava screamed, and Sandra tried to cover her ears, but couldn't. "Jeez, could you please not shout? I'm more sensitive than I look." She suddenly got the feeling that someone was following her, and stuck her spikes out, but nothing came. With a sigh, she crawled on top of Ava's head, and closed her eyes. She wasn't asleep, but just needed some rest.

Suddenly, her eyes snapped open, and she said, "I'm still hungry, by the way. Anyone got a leaf? Or can I at least go outside? I kind of need some time to work things out mentally. Being a caterpillar is stressful, you know? Oh, wait, right, you don't. Sorry. None of you have ever been a caterpillar, have you?"

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
    OOC: Ok, I've had computer problems, tests at college, and an essay to write, but I think things are under control now. Anyway, I need to get things moving along now.

IC: "So, there's eight of us in all... Wonder what happened to that Gale, that Evee girl.... Hope she's ok because I don't see her anywhere around...." Calin mumbled softly to himself as he walked along beside Bianca and Mav. He couldn't help but feel a little down after leaving Turtwig behind with the knowledge that he might have to fight the kind Pokemon one day. Things just never seemed to be getting any better. Well, perhaps together they'd find a way out of this mess, though it seemed near impossible.

"But that leads me to another question…." Bianca continued, jerking Calin back to reality. "Where exactly are we gonna go Calin, and what are those things you took from the lab for?" Up ahead, the group was waiting, and Sandra, his friend who'd apparently become some kind of worm or caterpillar, and some girl named Ava seemed to be having some kind of conversation. "And that guy we saw the night before we got turned into Pokémon, what are we gonna do about him huh?" her eyes narrowed as they made it near the clearing where the others were "I'm back guys! Operation Rescue Calin is complete and we found Mavrick!"

At that time, everyone seemed to be talking all at once. Mav, Sandra, and Ava were talking about being cold, though Ava was screaming and repeating the same thing over and over again, which was freaking Calin out.
    Plus, Calin realized that he could see right through Joseph at times, which freaked him out even more. Taking a deep breath, he tried to calm them down as best as he could, "Whoa, everyone! Just relax. Everything is going to be just fine." He didn't quite believe it himself, but he hoped that it would at least get their attention. "I'm going to show you what I found, but first things first, we need to find some shelter. Then, I will answer any questions any of you might have." At this, he glanced at Bianca and nodded at her, knowing that he had yet to answer her questions.

Before Calin could say anything else, his eyes grew as large as watermelons as he noticed a roundish, purple creature behind Mav. "Please tell me that somebody knows who or what that is." He scanned the group nervously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back