• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

U.S. Presidential Election 08

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Clinton isn't going to be Obama's VP. You can't berate a guy and suggest that his opponent is the better man and still expect him to make you his running mate.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I still find this to be a sad election this year. Personally, I've love to see Mayor Juliani as runner, but I can dream. They spent too much time appearing on WWE, & TYra Banks, and other crap. Of course, Grampa Mcanin can't risk the hip, so he stayed behind.

Regardless, I don't agree with the business in Iraq, nor do I agree with Mcain's views on the matter. I'm still unaware of Obama's, and I know Hillary's, like it matters now. Still if she can't run a campaign, shows her presidential skill, in the short run.

ChuBoy

Pikachu Fanatic!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    I heard that Hillary is going to drop out at the end of the week and endorse Obama. Personally, I think either one of them would make a good leader and repair this country from what Bush has done to it. However, I too worry about Obama. I have been discriminated against for being African American before and I would not want anything to happen to him.

As for McCain, I disagree with him on many points. He also has copied some points Obama and Hillary have proposed to do in order to get support. I don't want another Republican president.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
    The U.S. Third parties

Okay, my opinion is... Hillary Clinton would have saved America, Obama is going
    to have something happen to him if he wins... and John McCain is the death of the
    Country Of America. Regarding all of that I say (even though it sounds unrealistic)
    every American should ban together and vote for a third party to show we won't
    stand for this garbage! And really show we don't agree with either candidate
    eye to eye. (it is unfair that McCain gets to have a free path to presidency)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Hillary Clinton would have saved America
    How?

Obama is going to have something happen to him if he wins...
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't surprise me. I'm hoping otherwise though.

and John McCain is the death of the Country Of America.
    Again, how?

Regarding all of that I say (even though it sounds unrealistic)
    Yes it does. I've found that if you actually look at their histories, where they've stood in the past, what they stand for now, and what they say they're going to do - you get a completely different picture. Look beyond the party titles attached to them and you may find a role reversal...

every American should ban together and vote for a third party
    Is Jesse Ventura on the ballot?

And really show we don't agree with either candidate eye to eye.
    I don't think anyone does ever.

(it is unfair that McCain gets to have a free path to presidency)
    Now, I like McCain. I've been following him for some time. Not that I want him to have a free path, that isn't democratic. Nor, do I think he'll have a free path. I'm fine with either candidate getting elected (although... Obama's friends and connections concern me). There is one main way I can see McCain causing harm. He may be part of the republican party, but he is on the left end of the spectrum. If he gets elected and stays on that end of the spectrum, I'm happy. But to win he has to appeal to the far right, which is not good. Depending how much he has to change his policies to get their vote is the problem.

Roughly 30% of Americans are independent. If you can't vote for a third party then please vote for one of them. Whoever it is. If you don't vote, you have no reason to complain. Nice benefit to be Canadian is that we have at least three major parties and then a few minor ones. And they're mostly all on the ballot. :p

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, let me start by saying I take offense to that. All of it.
    Obama's from Chicago, not Africa. My goodness, just because his father is Kenyan doesn't make him a total African as well.
    McCain is becoming a Bush clone, but he would not start WWIII. Just because Bush has lost most of his support doesn't mean he has the right (in his final months as President) to
    attack every major country in the world. He still needs Congress' approval to do that. McCain will have the same restriction.
    Just because you don't like Obama doesn't make you a racist. In fact, voting for him because of his race is racist. Feel free to vote for whomever you want, but it should be based on their views, not race, gender, or health.
    It does not matter who is voted in as the next president, there will always be hostility towards the United States. If we can prevent radicals and terrorist groups from obtaining WMDs, then we're safe. No "Nuclear Drill." To call McCain a warmonger is to overly exaggerate. Not all Republicans want to start WWIII. Not all Republicans are going to destroy the world.

Get a grip, man. If you don't support McCain, don't vote for him. But please don't say mean and untruthful things about him.

That said, I support Obama :P

Yuo fixed me, got me off track, i felt emo for a microsecond, then just plain confused about the racism issue. Well, I don't think you caught that I probably meant to say african american. You DO know that people born out of the US states or territories can't be president. And saying voting for Obama of race is racist mean's I'd be racist against whites and still be feeding chicken littles in Veracruz. And by the conditions right now, Mcaine could certainly be part warmonger since he is for the Iraq War. The nuclear war drill was just a JKS(Just kiddin similie.

Oh, and before I forget.

U.S. Presidential Election 08

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Love how the google ad has Obama in red font and McCain in blue lol

Anyways, I support Barack Obama. I honestly don't think John McCain is so bad either, though I'm against the war in Iraq. I really don't mind McCain though, and he gets major style points for sleeping during Bush's state of the union address :P Yeah, it's kind of a joke, don't take the style points thing very seriously ;)

George Washington warned us about political parties. Whoever brought up how only two parties is a bad thing, I agree. They only divide us as a country and as a government. Even in the earliest years of our country they have caused loads of problems.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    George Washington warned us about political parties. Whoever brought up how only two parties is a bad thing, I agree. They only divide us as a country and as a government. Even in the earliest years of our country they have caused loads of problems.

In addition, compartmentalizing and categorizing people based on their political party is lame. Not everyone is a mindless drone that completely copies their party's platform. Make your own decisions, and don't judge people based on theirs.
    I guess it kind of doesn't make sense when you say it like that. Oh well.

Years
    One thing I've never understood is why the United States needs a two-party system. In just about every other country, you can't count the number of political parties on two hands, and yet America has two. Having only two parties really reduces the number of moderate viewpoints, and it discourages cooperation. In a system with more parties, the parties need to compromise and work together in order to find a solution because none of them ever hold the majority.
    The primary reason the United States has a two-party system is because the seats in Congress are assigned to the winners of Congressional District races and the Senate races at the state level. However if the amount of seats each party was decided in proportion to the amount of the vote each party received in the general election. If that was the case then third-parties would be stronger in the United States.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    In addition, compartmentalizing and categorizing people based on their political party is lame. Not everyone is a mindless drone that completely copies their party's platform. Make your own decisions, and don't judge people based on theirs.
    I guess it kind of doesn't make sense when you say it like that. Oh well.

Not really. You make it seem as if Democrats can only vote for other democrats, and vice-versa. Parties are just groups that share the same ideals. However, if you feel the opposing canidate has better views, by all means, your free to vote for them.

Back