• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

U.S. Presidential Election 08

Years
    I don't know if theres another thread about this topic because I haven't seen it yet, but I'm just curious, who do you guys support in the U.S. Presidential Elections, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, or Barrack Obama?

I personally like Hillary Clinton because she has experience and I feel she would put her country before everything else.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I support no one because I'm not American and would rather see the country degenerate into chaos and confusion at random. :D

Amazing how hyped up this is, it was even in the news over here at some point... why? No one here cares, seriously. ¬_¬

Years
    I support no one because I'm not American and would rather see the country degenerate into chaos and confusion at random. :D

Amazing how hyped up this is, it was even in the news over here at some point... why? No one here cares, seriously. ¬_¬

Well thats what I was wondering, if anyone cared. I figured some weren't American but you can't insult my country like that. I don't want to see any country do what you just said.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years

Wow that was immature x 7
    If you're gonna insult another country, do it but don't act like you won't get a negative reaction.

I can't vote, but I honestly don't like Hilary or Obama. McCain all the way (b' ')b

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    I am actually stuck between Obama and McCain, but honestly, I worry for Obama if he were to uphold the presidential seat. Just knowing how somewhat "extreme" racism here in America is, I fear that something could happen to him. As for McCain, well, I just don't want to see a republican reign for another four years. So my selection leans toward the democrat here than the other.

Years
    I am actually stuck between Obama and McCain, but honestly, I worry for Obama if he were to uphold the presidential seat. Just knowing how somewhat "extreme" racism here in America is, I fear that something could happen to him. As for McCain, well, I just don't want to see a republican reign for another four years. So my selection leans toward the democrat here than the other.

I agree that something could happen to Obama.

And I am republican but I don't like McCain because he's just gonna keep the war going and cause gas prices to go higher up.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I like Obama the best, by far. I'm not so crazy about Hillary, but we could certainly do far worse. I'm not crazy about McCain at all.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    And I am republican but I don't like McCain because he's just gonna keep the war going
    So, what's the alternative? Pull out and watch Iraq become overrun by fascism and genocide? I don't think so. We still need to be in Iraq for a little while longer, it's not stable enough for us to pull out yet. Eventually? Yes, just not yet.

With that being said...
    I am 100% for McCain. Obama is just way too liberal for me. He's going to try to force too much change on this country at one time. And like some of you have already said, something bad is bound to happen if he were to get elected. Because of this, America is not ready for an African American president. Not yet, and probably not for another good 75 years, if we're lucky.

And as for Hillary Clinton......I think this covers it pretty well.

BTW-I meant no offense to anyone by this post.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    If I was old enough to vote, I'd choose the democratic nominee, whether it be Hillary or Obama. Although I want Obama to win, he may be a little to inexperienced and you can't deny all the experience Hilliary has had.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    I'm only thirteen... but if I were older, I'd definately vote for Obama. He's much more liberal than Hillary. I do like Hillary as well, and it's about time a woman led America, but she just doesn't seem right for the job.

Also, 雀, that was very rude. While I admit I'd prefer to live elsewhere, every country should have a chance at peace...

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    Honestly, I think a liberal running America would just be terrible. No offense (sort of).

So, in that case, I'm for none of the candidates. :/

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    Yeah, I really liked Mike Huckabee before he got booted out.

Who I liked was Fred Thompson: finish the job, secure the borders, and keep improving our economy. It's really a shame he dropped out so early.

Btw, I'm a hardcore conservative. :][/obvious]

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm Canadian but I've been following the election. I consider myself to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

I've been following McCain for a while, long before he announced his candidacy. I wanted him to run before this race even started. XD So, I'm happy that he nabbed the Republican nomination. That said, if he did not get it - I would be routing for Democrats. I dislike the far-left and the far-right. McCain's a moderate conservative (or a progressive conservative, whatever term you want to use) and that's right up my alley. He's smart and honest. Like I said, I'm only pulling for the Republicans because he's running. I didn't like Romney at all. So, I would be routing for the Democrats if he (or anyone further right than McCain) got the nomination.

I don't really have any problems if Obama wins though. Of the two Democratic candidates, I prefer him to Clinton. Hillary has this strange notion that being the first lady gave her experience. Raise your hand if you think Mrs. Bush has the experience to be President. She can only pursue this angle because she has the Clinton name.

Saturday Night Live did an excellent sketch where Obama had won and she was informing him where the thermostat was in the White House. That's as far as her White House experience would come in as far as I'm concerned. Clinton and Obama are both senators, so I see them as being equally qualified. Living in the White House for eight years is worth nada unless she had some kind of power. She entered politics after the White House.

Would she be better than Bill? I think she would.

Regardless of experience, I think Obama would be better for the country. The amount of personality and charisma he has is perfect. You have to admit that America is in a mess right now, regardless of your political slant or reasoning. You need someone with a Kennedy-esque level of charisma to rally and unite the country.

One thing that bugs me about Obama is that he's not really distancing himself from Rev. Wright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I was supporting Huckabee because my parents said we'd move to another country if he got elected :) not that I don't like The US, but I just have a lot of problems with where our priorities as a country stand and the state of our economy and government...yuck.

That's why I support Obama really. He seems like that once-in-a-generation kind of guy, and his plans to change Washington seem honest and it's a good idea in general.

As for the other two candidates, I don't really mind them. I like McCain because he was sleeping during Bush's state of the union address lol. But really, I don't know enough about McCain to really talk about him much. He seems like a much better Republican candidate than Bush (though that isn't saying much).

As for Hillary, I think her "experience" ploy is quite pathetic. I will give her that having a high position at Wal-Mart (or whatever that's about) is quite impressive though. Our economy can't get any worse I guess.

I don't follow it all too closely anymore, since at this point I just want the Democrats to decide on a candidate already. It's getting extremely tedious...and Bush won't be solving any of our problems.

I just hope whoever is elected turns out to be more of an Abraham Lincoln and less of a Ulysses S. Grant as president, lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I guess I would be a weak Obama supporter. I'm actually kinda miffed that there's no one major candidate that I'm truly behind on, especially since this is the first time I can actually vote. I'm not sure if I'll vote though because going for the lesser of three evils just doesn't seem like a good way to go about voting, not for me at least.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Not voting because of it being a matter of the lesser of three evils is understandable, but I have to contest to some of you guys that general apathy is probably more detrimental to our country than partisanship.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Me, Hillary.

Howeverf, this election process was a complete joke. Nothing but glorified exposure. Their appearence in WWE-not that I watch it, saw the commercial-only proved the stupidity of us all, especially in the canidates themselves. Rather than talking of the issues and what they could do to help me, they treat me like an idiot, shaking their keys by showing up in "pop culture" rather than presenting me with what they would do for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I figured some weren't American but you can't insult my country like that. I don't want to see any country do what you just said.
    Wow that was immature x 7
    If you're gonna insult another country, do it but don't act like you won't get a negative reaction.
    Also, 雀, that was very rude. While I admit I'd prefer to live elsewhere, every country should have a chance at peace...
    Mmm I didn't do that too well... Oh well. The striked-out part was intended as a joke, so don't worry yourselves over it too much. :/

Last edited:
    Back