• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    This is my second UU team ever, and I have only tried it on smogon's shoddy server a few times and it has worked fine, but I know there is room for improvement, I'm looking for experienced and constructive criticism, thank you for taking your time to rate this team. =D

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Omastar @ Leftovers
    Modest | Shell Armor
    252 HP/6 Def/252 SpA

-Stealth Rock
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Earth Power

By far my most favorite lead in UU. Main idea is to set up Stealth Rock and attack with the following moves; utilizing Omastar's beautiful special attack.

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
    Modest | Thick Fat
    6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe

-Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Power Gem
    -Focus Blast

SpecsPig is a great pokemon in UU, this set is rather different than most SpecsPig sets out there but I find it to work out great. Power Gem is there mainly because you never really see a special rock move used much, and it has come in handy with all the bugs and flying types out there in UU. The rest of the set is self-explanatory.

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
    Adamant | Technician
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

-Close Combat
    -Mach Punch
    -Fake Out
    -Sucker Punch

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Sharpedo @ Choice Scarf
    Mild | Rough Skin
    80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake

Standard Scarf Sharpedo set. This is in replace of Scyther.

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Clefable @ Life Orb
    Careful| Magic Guard
    252 HP /104 Atk / 152 Def

-Meteor Mash
    -Fire Punch
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch

This set covers very well, and Clefable will be able to soak up a good amount of hits while physically dominating.

UberChomp's UU RMT [Pt]

Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Timid | Flash Fire
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

-Nasty Plot
    -Flamethrower
    -Energy Ball
    -Hidden Power Rock

Pretty much the standard special sweeper set, basically Nasty Plot up and proceed a sweep with the following attacking options.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    On scyther, i think you mean Aerial Ace (Air Slash is special).

On Ninetails use Hidden Power Rock, since it covers more and hits Alataria AND Mantine.

Ill come back for a more in depth rate later.

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Jolly > Timid on Scyther and HP (Rock) > Power Gem on Grumpig for the surprise "WTF? What Hidden Power is that??!" reaction.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I don't get y u have sp. atk EVs on fable when it has all physical attacks... I would also go with HP Rock>> HP Electirc on Ninetales to get Mantine AND Altaria for SE. Blaze Kick on Lee is meh, try Sucker Punch or Mach Punch>> it. Sucker Punch if you want to hit Ghosts and such, Mach Punch for priority(mach punch is better IMO, seeing as your team has no priority moves). Kabutops can also easily destroy this team, SD Stone Edge at least 2HKOs everything. I recommend putting either a CB Quagsire or Sub-Punch Poliwrath>> Fable or Scarfther.

Years
    I don't get y u have sp. atk EVs on fable when it has all physical attacks... I would also go with HP Rock>> HP Electirc on Ninetales to get Mantine AND Altaria for SE. Blaze Kick on Lee is meh, try Sucker Punch or Mach Punch>> it. Sucker Punch if you want to hit Ghosts and such, Mach Punch for priority(mach punch is better IMO, seeing as your team has no priority moves). Kabutops can also easily destroy this team, SD Stone Edge at least 2HKOs everything. I recommend putting either a CB Quagsire or Sub-Punch Poliwrath>> Fable or Scarfther.

Especially considering it's a Bold Clefable.... =/ If you really want to be defensive, change that to Careful and shove those SpA EVs into Atk.

Mach Punch and Sucker Punch are both priority moves, just that one requires the opponent to the attack but the other one is weaker in exchange for hitting whether they're attacking or not, excluding types that are immune to it.

Timid on Scyther weakens its Atk too, so change that to Jolly and Air Slash to Aerial Ace, because Aerial Ace is coming off Base 100 Atk compared to 55 SpA for Air Slash. Use Technician to boost Aerial Ace's power.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    On scyther, i think you mean Aerial Ace (Air Slash is special).

On Ninetails use Hidden Power Rock, since it covers more and hits Alataria AND Mantine.

Ill come back for a more in depth rate later.

I agree with going on HP rock on Ninetales, also, yea I literally did mean Aerial Ace, that's my bad. Thanks for catching that.

Jolly > Timid on Scyther and HP (Rock) > Power Gem on Grumpig for the surprise "WTF? What Hidden Power is that??!" reaction.

Meh...I'll think about it, but I dunno, I have this weird thing for Power Gem, lol.

Close Combat > Mach Punch. That's the way I see it for my Hitmonlee. But meh, you have your points. Sucker Punch was a thought I had myself, I'll most likely change that too thanks. Also, the EV spread is very f'd up on Clefable, I don't know if thats a typo or I was just sleeping while typing seriously 0_o.

Especially considering it's a Bold Clefable.... =/ If you really want to be defensive, change that to Careful and shove those SpA EVs into Atk.

Mach Punch and Sucker Punch are both priority moves, just that one requires the opponent to the attack but the other one is weaker in exchange for hitting whether they're attacking or not, excluding types that are immune to it.

Timid on Scyther weakens its Atk too, so change that to Jolly and Air Slash to Aerial Ace, because Aerial Ace is coming off Base 100 Atk compared to 55 SpA for Air Slash. Use Technician to boost Aerial Ace's power.

I'm definitely agreeing with that. Jolly it is. On the Clefable, I'll change the nature to Bold as you said, and fixed the butchered up ev spread.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Close Combat > Mach Punch. That's the way I see it for my Hitmonlee. But meh, you have your points. Sucker Punch was a thought I had myself, I'll most likely change that too thanks. Also, the EV spread is very f'd up on Clefable, I don't know if thats a typo or I was just sleeping while typing seriously 0_o.

I meant it to be Mach Punch/ SUcker PUnch>> Blaze Kick, and Mach Punch does have its merits. I stil recommend trying to put in a Rain Dance counter.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Massively SD Absol weak. Nothing lives a +2 Sucker Punch, and things that try to set up on Absol (Ninetales) gets OHKO'd by Superpower/Psycho Cut. Oh dear me, nevermind the horrible critical hit chance...

For this reason, I'm begging you to use Mach Punch on that Hitmonlee. You have little problems with Rotom and Claydol, meaning you can make room for the priority. Mach Punch from Hitmonlee doesn't outright OHKO Absol, sadly.

Technitop is an excellent choice to use. It learns Sucker Punch, and it's Mach Punch EASILY OHKO's (125.74%-148.53%). It also helps with Rain Dancers such as Kabutops and Omastar. Not only that, but Hitmontop is bulkier and isn't completely screwed over by Sucker Punch from Absol. Hitmontop also makes a fantastic revenge killer for things like Sharpedo, who also can tear a hole through this team.

I don't like Scyther without a Rapid Spinner. For this reason, either scrap it or use Reversal >> Brick Break since you WILL get down to 1% HP if you EV it correctly. Or, you could just replace it with Scarf Sharpedo, who hits harder and can hit on both sides of the spectrum.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Massively SD Absol weak. Nothing lives a +2 Sucker Punch, and things that try to set up on Absol (Ninetales) gets OHKO'd by Superpower/Psycho Cut. Oh dear me, nevermind the horrible critical hit chance...

For this reason, I'm begging you to use Mach Punch on that Hitmonlee. You have little problems with Rotom and Claydol, meaning you can make room for the priority. Mach Punch from Hitmonlee doesn't outright OHKO Absol, sadly.

Technitop is an excellent choice to use. It learns Sucker Punch, and it's Mach Punch EASILY OHKO's (125.74%-148.53%). It also helps with Rain Dancers such as Kabutops and Omastar. Not only that, but Hitmontop is bulkier and isn't completely screwed over by Sucker Punch from Absol. Hitmontop also makes a fantastic revenge killer for things like Sharpedo, who also can tear a hole through this team.

I don't like Scyther without a Rapid Spinner. For this reason, either scrap it or use Reversal >> Brick Break since you WILL get down to 1% HP if you EV it correctly. Or, you could just replace it with Scarf Sharpedo, who hits harder and can hit on both sides of the spectrum.

Thanks for the amazing rate Vance. I completely threw out Scyther and replaced it with a standard Choice Scarf'd Sharpedo. I also replaced Hitmonlee with Technitop. ;)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    On Technitop, you could opt for Close Combat. It's no Hitmonlee, but it stills packs a huge punch (okay, REALLY bad pun.)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hitmontop@life Orb
    252 HP /252 ATT / 6 SPEED
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Technician
    - Close Combat
    - Mach punch
    - Fake Out
    - Stone Edge / Sucker Punch

^^^

You 100% need that close combat especially for bulky stuff like Steelix, so just decide for the last slot.

Clefable@Toxic Orb
    252 HP / 252 ATT / 6 SP.ATT
    Brave Nature
    Trait : Magic Guard
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Facade
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Softboiled

Btw clefable isnt actually physcially dominating, especially with no stab >.< lol,

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Hitmontop@life Orb
    252 HP /252 ATT / 6 SPEED
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Technician
    - Close Combat
    - Mach punch
    - Fake Out
    - Stone Edge / Sucker Punch

^^^

You 100% need that close combat especially for bulky stuff like Steelix, so just decide for the last slot.

Clefable@Toxic Orb
    252 HP / 252 ATT / 6 SP.ATT
    Brave Nature
    Trait : Magic Guard
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Facade
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Softboiled

Btw clefable isnt actually physcially dominating, especially with no stab >.< lol,

Close Combat on Hitmontop is a 100% okay. Thanks for the set too =D. Btw, lol @ Clefable, I made the set on my own so it might not be as good as standard sets are or the set you gave but I'll try out the one you have given me, thanks D_A.

Back