• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I gave up when it was a purrloin, when i originally saw it in the new generation list i wanted to give it a go, but it just wasn't worth it. People mention having trouble with blitzle, i never had any trouble with it, kept it going and is one of my strongest on my japanese black.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    its was really hard to train accelgor ... really bad defence, but how higher the level how easier it was because high speed and great sp. att.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Why is everyone hating on Zebstrika? I was able to OHKO all the ice gym (Trainers and leader.) with a Zebstrika that was 8 levels lower then most of the pokemon.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
    I tried Purrloin but its offense just didn't get the job done so I replaced it with Blitzle who wasn't much better even after it evolved.

Years
    In PKM White I have some issues with my Deino (now Zweillous) because of his ability Hustle, which raises attack but lowers accuracy.....but he is still xxx times better than a Crimgan/Druddigon from my japanese PKM Black...seriously, the most weakest dragon type ever....

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who had trouble with Purrloin. I thought it looked really cool, and that it'd be neat to have a Dark type early on, but it was really just... useless. ._. And fainted too much. Same with Blitzle.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    I'd say Purrloin, Tynamo and Deino were the hardest Pokémon I've trained in Black, because Purrloin has terrible defences, Tynamo has a bad movepool until it evolves, and Deino...

I've still got nightmares from training that level 1 modest Deino to level 100 so I had a nice Hydreigon,but I may not complain either, since I trained him about 50 levels in one day.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    probably Deino. It kept dieing early on, and after it evolved, it dissapointed me in the E4. I mean I know that the Elite 4 were higher levels than me, but IT'S A FREAKING DRAGON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WITH INSANE SP. ATK AND IT WAS BARELY DOING HALF DAMAGE! And it got KOed by an Oshawott in the Battle Subway.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
    Seriously, is everyone having that much trouble with beartic??? Mine is awesome, and my Swoobat, and my Zebstrika too.

Right, I am just in Icirrus City and have got Larvesta (you know, from the fortune hunter on route 18?) and grinding it is hell, but I guess thats what you get when you try to add a level 1 into your level 45 team xD really though not much was hard for me to grind, and im grinding a lot of things these days xD never used to but, hey.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Liepard was hard for me until she finally got Sucker Punch and Night Slash. Then she became a lot easier.

Zebstrika was a hard one since its best STAB attack has a nasty recoil effect, and with low defense and HP recoil is something Zebstrika cannot afford. I had to resort to Thunderbolt despite its much lower Special Attack. I mean, really, is Wild Charge the best they could do?

Ryoji

Transfer Student
    Years
    Patrat lol, I thought it looked cool so I gave it a try, sadly its hard to level because it dies so easily.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    What i do is duplicate exp. shares on emerald and migrate or trade them into the game i want.

espeon2020

I loves eeveelutions :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i don't really understand all of the fuss about Purrloin. I found that if you give it the Scope Lens that you can find early in the game (Castelia City), then it's manageable to train. When it evolved, Liepard (even with just Pursuit or Thief) is much more manageable in my opinion. I've never had any trouble training any pokemon, although Tynamo frustrated me a little.

probably Deino. It kept dieing early on, and after it evolved, it dissapointed me in the E4. I mean I know that the Elite 4 were higher levels than me, but IT'S A FREAKING DRAGON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WITH INSANE SP. ATK AND IT WAS BARELY DOING HALF DAMAGE! And it got KOed by an Oshawott in the Battle Subway.

Just wondering, was it a Hydreigon or Zweilous? Because until it evolves into Hydreigon, its Atk is higher than S.Atk.

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    My Blitzle has been hard to train because of its low defense. I gave it some Resistance Wings and it really helped. Now it is evolved and can take hits much better.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    Deino, hustle has to be one of the worst abilities ever, combined with its mostly physical move-pool and stats until it becomes Hydreigon, it's a pain to level up and evolve if you wanted it to have a sp. attack nature and IVs and EVs.
    Worth it once it reaches 64, but until then, just annoying.

Back