• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ugh! Stop talking and DIE!! (Most annoying anime character ever!)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Have you ever seen an anime character who just flat out made you gag/choke/cry/want to kill someone?

Have you ever heard a character so annoying, their voice could only accurately be described as ear-raep?

Japan has brought us a plethora of memorable heroes, outstanding villains, and other characters who captured our hearts.

But, for every character that enthralls us, there is one who...does pretty much the opposite.

So! Who is it for you, and why?

Ozzy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    I hate the girl from Kanon, I can't recall the name but she has orange hair and always tackles him.

Makes me wanna rip my eyeballs out and stick forks in them.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Goku's Japanese voice in DB/DBZ/GT/ALL D< .. umm. -thinks-

A lot of the Japanese voices in Sailor Moon, the little Chara's in Shugo Chara, that 'DESU' girl in Rozen Maiden, most of the Azumanga Daiou cast.. Yeah. If you can't tell I'm mostly annoyed by high-pitched, little, girly-voices. I could list more.. but you get the idea. xD;

Years
    Colette from the Tales of Symphonia OVA makes me want to scratch out my eardrum. o.o More so in the game than the anime, but still. :x
    And Kyon's (TMO Haruhi Suzumiya) English voice makes me feel like he's reading me a bedtime story. It's actually pretty unsettling.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya 2. His voice is really, er, well. I hope he gets better in later episode. I mean, it was never a problem in Haruhi Suzumiya 1.

Oh, some people say Kanako in Maria+holic, but I never really had a problem with her. In fact, she's my favorite character.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Let's see...
    Renge. Well, not her character, but her laugh makes me suffer from teeth-grinding anger. XD

That, and that's all.

EDIT: The poster below has said something I agree to. BELIEVE IT- Ugh, I feel angered just saying it.

Last edited:

xxlucifera

Zero; Less Than Three
    Years
    I just have two words for you.
    Now, mind you, this character only bothers me in the English show.
    But, nevertheless, here is my little hint to you: "BELIEVE IT!"

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    Aoyama in tokyo mew mew!! LOL. Such a sophisticated anime deserves better guys.
    Haha partially joking. In the sophistication part. That anime is so repetitive I quit watching after ep. 10.
    But through all that I SAW, him and mint made me wanna... Do bad things... o_o
    And I'm sorry to any yuki fans out there, but yuki of fruits basket has rubbed me the wrong way...
    And you're right about renge's laugh. Creepy much! And so annoying...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Pretty much my biggest one (besides Naruto, someone please kill him) is any human (non-monster) anime character that has the ridiculously big grin. You know the type, they usually don't open their eyes and have mouths that span the entire width of their face, and they usually have that stupid grin all the time and they're ALWAYS villains. Look, it isn't Pac-Man. It's a villain. I know they talk alot, but you can do something a bit more creative with their facial features.

Finnel

Years
    All characters that fit the tsundere stereotype. (Justified with Lina Inverse from Slayers, because her partner really IS an idiot and deserves all the name-calling and abuse-for-comedic-effect.)

All characters over the age of 5 that look like little girls and are designed to be retarded just to look cute to the pedophile watchers. (Justified with Maria from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, because she's got development problems and actually suffers for her lack of brains.)

All the characters from Lucky Star. (They're all ****.)

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Have you ever seen an anime character who just flat out made you gag/choke/cry/want to kill someone?

Meg from Burst Angel. Oh my God, I hate her. And that one guy with the purple hair from Black Blood Brothers. . Annoyance.

Have you ever heard a character so annoying, their voice could only accurately be described as ear-raep?
    And so Meg comes back into the equation. XD And Sho from Pokémon had a really, really annoying English voice. . >.>"

I think I've made my point. XD I usually only watch FUNimation dubs, so I haven't heard too many dub voices that I don't like, so none of them constitute as 'ear-rape' besides the two above. And I've never heard a Japanese character with an annoying voice. . Yet.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Any character over the age of 6 with an extra high pitched voice.

Especially when they dub an anime and try to give that character a high pitched voice in English too. It sounds even worse.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Ribbons Almark from Gundam 00!!

Feels like stabbing him in teh eye with a screwdriver everytime he opens his piehole!!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    You know, that blonde girl from Lucky Star? I can't remember her name but her English voice actor was awful.

Right, Patricia. Remember her name, at least. You're not paying respect to foreign otakus. Oh, wait, could weeaboo be a right word...?

Another one would be Kazumi Yoshida. All I want is Yuji x Shana. Don't mess with the pairing, Yoshida. DX<

Plus, she got Ike already...

Back