• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Does anyone like the idea of an ultimate monotype face off when a good amount of challengers finish generation 4? Playing with a team of the type we chose against each other will be fun, even if there are type disadvantages. It'll mean that you don't use an emulator for Pokemon D/P, which means, sadly, starting a new game.
The winner gets awesome points :P

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Update #2:

-I instantly evolved Exeggcute into Exeggutor
-Went back to Celadon & beat Erika
-Went back to Fuschia & beat Koga
-Surfed to Cinnabar to get it on the map early.
-Caught a Tangela
-Swept through the Fighting Dojo
-Defeated every last Rocket in the Silph Tower (Somewhere in between all of that, I evolved Weepinbell into Victreebel)
-Defeated Sabrina
-Went through the Pokemon Mansion to get the Secret Key
-Beat Blaine
-Went to Viridian, and got my final badge

And now I'm stopped in front of Rival Gary, with the following team:

Victreebel Lv40
rbspr071.png

-Razor Leaf
-Acid
-Wrap
-Stun Spore

Tangela Lv40
rbspr114.png

-Mega Drain
-Bind
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore

Venusaur Lv40
rbspr003.png

-Body Slam
-Poisonpowder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

Exeggutor Lv41
rbspr103.png

-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Reflect
-Egg Bomb

Parasect Lv41
rbspr047.png

-Slash
-Stun Spore
-Leech Life
-Spore

And HM()A (Snorlax), for the final stretch, which requires Surf & Strength.

Spoiler:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Update. I am at the third gym, and ready to win.

The online challenge, I don't really like the idea, my connection is horrible, so I can't do anything beyond internet.
------------------------
Er... Well, I am near completion now(sorta) I am really close to being near (sorta). Anyways, as far as progress.... I beat Kyogre. And as of right now I am training for the gym.

Pokemon-
Sableye-53
Sableye-47
Dusclops-39
Banette-41
Shuppet-31
----
Ok, update. I beat the gym, and I am fighting the champion as of now.
---
Whew. I beat the champion, but just barely.

Pokemon-
Sableye-56
Sableye-54
Dusclops-50
Banette-48
Banette-51

I beat him with my Dusclops... with a few hp left. That was teh closest ever.

Last edited:

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Very Abrupt and Unfortunate update from contestant aaronburnsyou:

I was able to get a lot done over the weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to play for quite a while, so in the event that I have to put progress on hold, I'll just put up my current progress.

-Reached Indigo Plateau, currently training

And my team:

Tangela Lv45
(Switched Sleep Powder for Slam)
Parasect Lv45
(Switched Stun Spore for Dig)
Venusaur Lv46
(Same Moves)
Exeggutor Lv46
(Same Moves)
Victreebel Lv47 (Pretty much what's holding my team together)
(Same Moves)

As I said, I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to put progress on hold, but if I do end up continuing normally, I'll probably have another report up tomorrow.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Update!
-Chose Piplup Starter
-Made my way to Oreburgh
-Beat the Gym
-Made my way to Eterna Forest
-Caught a Misdreavus-Lolly
-Stored PIplup
-Grinded with Lolly making her level 18.
-Found Eterna at last.
-Challenged the gym, beating the trainers, gaining one more level.
-Lost to Leader Gardenia.
-Went back to the forest
-Caught another Misdreavus
-Trained both
-Starting one level 21, SEcond one, 18.
-Re challenged gym, this time prevailing, with a small level gain, making those levels 21, and 20.
-Obtained Cut.
-Cleared Galactic building, with many troubles. Levels now=24,22.

That is all.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Jake™'s Water Challenge, Kanto: Entry #1

As you probably could guess, taking a water challenge, I chose Squirtle of my challenge...DING! You are correct! I chose my Squirtle (Nicknamed Franklin [You know that kids show based off the Franklin books? I always thought that first generation Squirtle looked like him :P]), kicked my Rival's (Named Douche) butt, and carried on to receive Oak's Parcel and deliver it to him. After gaining my Pokedex, I raised Squirtle to level 10, and took on Douche once more on Route 22, spamming Tail Whip on Bulbasaur to take it out.

I proceeded through Viridian Forest, stacking up on Antidotes beforehand, as I always get unlucky and am poisoned via Poison Sting from all the Weedles. After exiting, I was low on health, low on PP, but hit level 12.

After healing up, I proceeded to the Pewter City gym, and utterly destroyed the Junior Trainer with Bubble, then cleaned up Brock with Water Gun. I evolved Franklin in the process.

I moved up towards Mt Moon, and of course, I just HAD to pick up that AWESOME Magikarp! Obviously it is the most useful Water Pokemon EVER, so I named it Neptune (God of the Sea) accordingly. Unfortunately, I was forced to constantly switch my Pokemon to give levels to Neptune (Ahh, the irony is portrayed!), but it was alright.

After exiting Mt Moon (On the second time, that second to last Rocket with the Raticate owned me :D), I proceeded into Cerulean City, healed up, and entered Misty's gym. After beating up on the trainers inside, I healed up once more, and took on Misty. After losing once, I determined my best strategy would be to keep spamming Tail Whips and finish off her Pokemon with Tackle on Franklin. The best part? Misty would ONLY use Tackle on my Pokemon :P

Proceeding to Nugget Bridge, I pounced on all the trainers, and proceeded to save Bill, and I gained the SS Ticket and some Pokedex pages.

Defeating the Rocket with the Dig TM was also a piece of cake, and I proceeded down to Vermillion, where Neptue evolved! I am now going through the SS Anne.

rbspr008.png

Neptune (Level 26)
Bite
Tail Whip
Bubble Beam
Water Gun

rbspr130.png
(You know, this sprite really wasn't that bad)
Neptune (Level 22)
Splash
Tackle
Bite
Water Gun

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ, you sure are going through this thing fast. May I ask what this "super duper training method" of yours is? ^^

moments.

quixotic
Years
Woah guys I haven't been here in ages and I lost all my save files of my Rock Monotype gameplay so I either have to start again or not participate and I wanna participate! :)
Am I allowed to change types?

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
Does anyone like the idea of an ultimate monotype face off when a good amount of challengers finish generation 4? Playing with a team of the type we chose against each other will be fun, even if there are type disadvantages. It'll mean that you don't use an emulator for Pokemon D/P, which means, sadly, starting a new game.
The winner gets awesome points :P

Im not so sure of that, and I dont have a DS either :(

Btw Im about to finish my training (i couldnt get round to use my pc, too much stuff to do)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Oh... My... God...

D/P is EVIL!

5 hours in, and Kricketot evolved into Kricketune... but now I can't kill anything without hardships :(

Roark is gonna be a royal nightmare, but hopefully getting to level 18 for sing will make it SOMEWHAT easier...

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
-caught a meowth and leveled it a bit
-Went on the SS Anne and aquired cut. (taught it charmander, none of my current normal pokemon can use it)
-took out the route 11 trainers to train for LT. Surge, but didn't really need to. My Rattata totally dominated the gym using dig!

My current Normal team:

SNIPPER(Rattata)
lvl27
rbspr019.png

-Tackle
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PIDJO
(Pidgey)
lvl26
rbspr016.png

-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl26
rbspr040.png

-Body Slam
-Pound
-Rest
-Water Gun

CAT (Meowth)
lvl26
rbspr052.png

-Thunderbolt
-Growl
-Bite
-Payday

King!

better
Years
Well,after reckless hours of training Butterfree, I finally beat Brock's Butt!
I started up the route leading to Mt.Moon, and saved before the entrance. Also,I got the running shoes(Thank God!)

Team:Butterfree;Level 15
Beedrill; Level14

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
--Ima Just drop out..School is back, and I don't want to be a part--

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2023
Uh, i don't have R,B or Y so i'm going with Poison on Leaf Green.
Luv this challenge.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
Years
Chapter 3: VS Lt. Surge
Obtaining the Cascadebadge, I went off to take down the grunt, to recieve Dig. Once that was cleared, I went straight for Vermillion City in hopes for a Thunderbadge. On my way, I fought against some trainers for experience. Reaching the city, I went to the fan club and got myself a Bike Voucher.

Next I had to train, by going to Route 12 where Snorlax was. He will make a good TM slave later on. Having done that, I went onto the S.S. Anne clearing all the trainers. On my way to the captain's room, I met Blue again, creaming him without an effort.

Entering the captain's room, I had to rub his back xP. Once that was done, he gave me Cut which was needed to get to the gym to recieve Flash. After, I went to get Flash on Route 2. Suprisingly, I already owned 10 Pokemon, so no effort needed.

Fighting in Vermillion Gym was easy with my newly trained team. Lt. Surge's Pokemon weren't all that tough, by it was certainly fun to recieve my Thunderbadge!

Battle VS Lt. Surge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5mDdkLCMQ

Current Team:
Venus (Ivysaur)
Level: 28
Spr_1b_002.png

Cut
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Beedrill
Spr_1b_015.png

Poison Sting
Twineedle
Fury Attack
Focus Energy

Golbat
Spr_1b_042.png

Leech Life
Supersonic
Bite
Confuse Ray

Gloom
Spr_1b_044.png

Absorb
Poisonpowder
Acid
Sleep Powder

Years
i have reached Fuchsia City and my pokemon have just beenhealed.
I beat Misty easily and during the battle Carpy evolved into Gyarados.
LT Surge was a pushover and i beat him with a few dragoin rages
I had a bit of a problem at erika, but evolved eevee into a vaporeon.

Team:

Blastoise LVL: 38
Carpy LVL: 33
Vaporeon LVL:30
Poliwhirl Lvl: 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back