• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate team!!!! Really!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    No way in hell this team could be beaten:

Ultimate Pokemon Team
    (Pokedex Generation 2)

Dragonite:
    Fly
    Twister
    Outrage
    Hyper Beam

Magneton:
    Flash
    Thunder
    Lock On
    Zap Cannon

Poliwrath:
    Surf
    Hydro Pump
    Mind Reader
    Dynamicpunch

Houndoom:
    Strength
    Crunch
    Flamethrower
    Fire Blast

Golem:
    Dig
    Rock Throw
    Earthquake
    Magnitude

Victreebel:
    Cut
    Razor Leaf
    Solarbeam
    Sleep Powder

hmmmm? kicks *** eeeeeeehhhhhh?
    any additions or suggestionS!!!!/????

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I think it can be beaten.I seen better teams.It's good but I think it can be beat.Oh and please don't curse it's anginst the rules.Teach Poliwrath Ice Beam and this is a good moveset for Victerbell
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Slude Bomb
    Fury cutter.

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
    This could easly be beaten, actually. XD First off, don't ever give a Pokemon two attacks of the same type, unless one is a staus inflicting move. Also, all of the HM's you have on your Pokemon are pointless with the exception of Surf, which is decent. Try changing your team with this in mind, and it should be much better. ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    well, i disagree about the HMs, i personally think all HMs should be at your displosal, even if not for battle purpposes. dig is awesome too. the "no two moves of the same type' is an interesting suggestion, but i wouldnt see a problem with that except with dragonite, houndoom, and maybe golem.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Lol no offense but, that team is really bad

The whole point of no two moves of the same type on a pokemon is so that you can cover more types and kill more pokemon

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
    This is for GSC right?

nichemon said:
    No way in hell this team could be beaten:

Ultimate Pokemon Team
    (Pokedex Generation 2)

Dragonite:
    Fly T-Wave
    Twister T-Bolt
    Outrage Double-edge / Return / Extremespeed
    Hyper Beam Flamethrower / Curse / Safeguard

This suggestion might be completely sucky, I have no expierence with Dragonite what so ever. Oh and if you have Crystal Curse+Extremespeed if kewl too.

Magneton:
    Flash Raindance
    Thunder
    Lock On HP: Water
    Zap Cannon T-Wave / Toxic

Poliwrath:
    Surf Subsmission / Return / Earthquake
    Hydro Pump / Body Slam
    Mind Reader Substitute / Rest
    Dynamicpunch Belly Drum

I think Hydropump is usefull on Poli, since its Sp.atk isn't to great. But 2 moves that get advantidge of Belly Drum is more usefull so skip HP

Houndoom:
    Strength Solarbeam
    Crunch
    Flamethrower Sunny Day
    Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Standard SunnyBeaming set. Endursal can be used aswell

Golem:
    Dig Explosion
    Rock Throw Rock Slide
    Earthquake
    Magnitude Return / Fire Blast

Victreebel:
    Cut Synthesis / Giga drain / Return / Filler
    Razor Leaf Sludgebomb
    Solarbeam Swords Dance
    Sleep Powder

hmmmm? kicks *** eeeeeeehhhhhh?
    any additions or suggestionS!!!!/????

This team is easily defeated. Oh and HMs aren't good on ANY pokemon 'cept for Surf and Toxic/Meanlook Crobat, but that doesn't really last long. =/

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Ok then...
    GSC...hmm

Dragonite
    thunderbolt
    ice beam/flamethrower/wing attack/return
    extremespeed
    thunderwave

blak...

since ur ingame i won't recommend HP
    magneton
    thunderwave/toxic
    raindance
    protect
    thunder

bad....i guess u could always take swagger/lock on for some kind of psuedo haze ?

take the advice given for the rest
    sunnybeaming victreebel can work...but not very well

Silver Ninetales

The Shining Firefox
    Years
    husk1442 said:
    The whole point of no two moves of the same type on a pokemon is so that you can cover more types and kill more pokemon
    Actually, I disagree with this. I think it's okay to have two moves of the same type if you have a good reason. Take Nichemon's Houndoom: it has Flamethrower and Fire Blast together. This is something I do with my Ninetales. If you have both of these, it's kind of like insurance--If you only have Fire Blast, it's powerful, but it can be inaccurate, not to mention that it has a max PP of only 8 that can run out quickly. Now, when you have Flamethrower at the same time, it's 100% accurate (providing that there are no changes in Evasion or Accuracy), and it has a max PP of 24 (at least I think, I'm not quite positive). The downside to that is that it's less powerful than Fire Blast. So your dilemma is: each one has its strengths and weaknesses--if you use them both, it gives you insurance, should you be forced to make one final move that you can't afford to miss, or if you're not in that position and just need something more powerful when you can afford the risk of missing the target.

Consider this, too: using moves of types different from the Pok?mon is fine, except for the fact that when you use a move of a different type, that move is not as powerful as it could have been, had it been the same type as the Pok?mon. If the move is the same type as the user, it's 150% as effective as it would have been normally. If it's a different type, you're not taking advantage of this rule that can really help you out.

In my experience, I find that if I add moves of different types, I don't use them too often, anyway, except only when something calls for it. What I like to do is have a versatile set of Pok?mon types themselves, and just use those types to the best of their ability. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not going to teach a Pok?mon attacks only of its own type, as it's always good to have a backup of some other type. But I think that a Pok?mon should concentrate on its type, and use moves primarily of its own type.

But, this is just my opinion and my battle style--if you're not the same, that's okay, it's just always been a winning formula for me. I will be posting my G/S team sometime tomorrow (Feb. 12), and you will see what I did with my team. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2005
    dude,a mew2 level 50 can cream that.whats with the cut?
    wheres your starter?i could stomp you.GET YOUR STARTER
    IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Maybe something like
    flamethrower
    and
    Blast Burn together

but, Fire blast has acceptable enough accuracy to use over flame thrower if power is needed

STAB moves are good but, a
    Charizard with the set
    Flame Thrower
    Fire Blast
    Blast Burn
    Wing Attack
    really sucks

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
    I like to have something else then Fire Blast on my ingame teams. For ingame I often use Flamethrower and Fireblast.

But you can't have Flamethrower+Fireblast+Ember+Blastburn or something like that, it just utterly sucks.

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    No who tries to convince you, having two moves that do the same thing is pointless and space wasting.

If you are concerned about your PP then go with the move with more PP and ditch the one with less.

For example, Charizard has Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake and Aeria Ace, now OBVIOUSLY you decide on Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Why?

To free up space and get Dragon Dance in there.

The only time you should have 2 moves that do the same thing is when you want Overheat as a last resort.

Silver Ninetales

The Shining Firefox
    Years
    MeLoVeGhOsTs said:
    I like to have something else then Fire Blast on my ingame teams. For ingame I often use Flamethrower and Fireblast.

But you can't have Flamethrower+Fireblast+Ember+Blastburn or something like that, it just utterly sucks.
    I completely agree with you, no more than two moves of the same type. I often use the concept of Fire Blast and Flamethrower with other types: Surf and Hydro Pump on my Vaporeon--it's basically in the same position as the Fire moves just mentioned. Another reason I like doing this is because if you need to use a Fire move (or any other type of move in this position), but you only have a little damage you have to deal, Flamethrower would be the ideal choice, since it's more accurate than Fire Blast--losing a battle because you could have won with Flamethrower's accuracy, but all you had was Fire Blast that missed would be a real drag (believe me, I've done it before, and I'm sure others have, too.). If Fire Blast did hit the target, however, the damage you would have dealt still might have been overkill, not to mention that you would have wasted one of Fire Blast's 8 PP (providing you maxed it out with PP Ups, otherwise it's only going to be 5).

You can do this with certain types, but with others it's not really necessary. Take the Psychic type, for example. You really don't need Psychic Attack and Psybeam on Mewtwo at the same time, that's just unnecessary (unless you're going for Psybeam's "occasional" surge of extra power, of which I tried--and believe me, I've never seen Psybeam go more powerful than Psychic Attack.)

It all comes down to this: do you want to use the extra space for insurance, or do you want to use it on a move of another type for versatility (like what Lion Heart likes to do)? It all depends on your battle style and personal preference on how you like to do things. There's always more ways than one to have a perfect team, and sometimes it's just the differences in a person's style. :)

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
    No matter what type it is unnecessary.

You used Vaporeon as an example.

So I'll use him aswell.

Let's say, you said use both Surf and Hydro Pump, so what's the other 2 moves?

Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Roar?

Then he loses his healing capabilities with Wish, or perhaps you have Wish over Roar?

Then he loses his shuffling capabilities with Roar, so obviously, we'd want to incorporate as many elements of a pokemon into 1 set, which would be by removing Hydro Pump (He DOES NOT need the extra power, maxed out it hits 350) and replacing it with Roar, or Wish if you have Roar.

Etc, etc..

Silver Ninetales

The Shining Firefox
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    No matter what type it is unnecessary.

You used Vaporeon as an example.

So I'll use him aswell.

Let's say, you said use both Surf and Hydro Pump, so what's the other 2 moves?

Surf/Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Roar?

Then he loses his healing capabilities with Wish, or perhaps you have Wish over Roar?

Then he loses his shuffling capabilities with Roar, so obviously, we'd want to incorporate as many elements of a pokemon into 1 set, which would be by removing Hydro Pump (He DOES NOT need the extra power, maxed out it hits 350) and replacing it with Roar, or Wish if you have Roar.

Etc, etc..
    All right, if I was playing R/S/E, I would use Wish instead of Hydro Pump, but I'm not making references to R/S/E, I'm making references to G/S/C. And in G/S/C or R/B/Y, Vaporeon doesn't learn that many really good moves. Though I like Vaporeon, and I still use him anyway. However, I'll admit, I see your point about the Surf and Hydro Pump, and I will proabably switch Hydro Pump for Toxic. By the way, my Vaporeon's moves are (after changes) Surf, Toxic, Double-Edge, Blizzard.

But with other Pok?mon like, say, a Fire type like Ninetales, I still like the insurance of having two moves of the same type for reasons already stated. I find the accuracy and PP insurance that Flamethrower and Fire Blast gives you to be quite useful.

If you want, you can check out my entire team which is up in this very forum right now, in which we can discuss my entire team.

Last edited:

Silver Ninetales

The Shining Firefox
    Years
    Lion Heart said:
    Nope wrong again, Ice Beam > Blizzard.

Unless stated otherwise I always assume we are referring to the latest generation of pokemon by the way.
    Oh, my bad, sorry I didn't tell you the version I'm using sooner. :)

But what do you mean by "Ice Beam > Blizzard?" Do you mean that Ice Beam is better (the "greater" symbol) than Blizzard because of its accuracy?

Back