• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Beasts

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I never really cared for the Ultra Beasts. I understand what they were going for but didn't care for them being put into pokemon. I find all of them pretty Ugly and I dislike how unnatural they all look. They feel more like creatures from Yu-Gi-Oh then pokemon design wise. Personally I just want the return of Megas, and new ones. I think GF is trying to distance themselves from them, which is very unfortunate as Megas made me love pokemon ever more than I already did.
    my main problem with them is that they made them into pokemon rather then having a different type of creature roaming around.
    like how didgimon has hemostasis, gennai & his counterparts, the digignomes, and the D-Reaper.
    the ultra beats had the potential to be like the D-Reaper, as in being fundamentally different beings in contrast to everything else.
    besides, just about everything monster-like looks like a yugioh card.
    hell, venonats are practically the pokemon insect counterparts to kuribohs
    Ultra Beasts
    Ultra Beasts

Years
    my main problem with them is that they made them into pokemon rather then having a different type of creature roaming around.
    like how didgimon has hemostasis, gennai & his counterparts, the digignomes, and the D-Reaper.
    the ultra beats had the potential to be like the D-Reaper, as in being fundamentally different beings in contrast to everything else.
    besides, just about everything monster-like looks like a yugioh card.
    hell, venonats are practically the pokemon insect counterparts to kuribohs
    Ultra Beasts
    Ultra Beasts

Venonat came before Kuriboh so it would be a pokemon in the Yugioh world rather than Vice Versa ^^

Yugioh'z got no place in my beloved franchise.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Venonat came before Kuriboh so it would be a pokemon in the Yugioh world rather than Vice Versa ^^

Yugioh'z got no place in my beloved franchise.

to late for that. i mean, pokemons has already been taking a lot of inspiration from other series. mostly digimon recently
    also the ultra beasts are more akin to digimon then yugioh monsters anyway.
    Ultra Beasts

pkmin3033

I'd like more Ultra Beasts. They don't really look like Pokemon, but I think that's the point - they're supposed to look otherworldy. I don't think they were a good idea or really necessary, but now that they've made them a thing I'd like GF to expand on them and develop them properly; maybe at least 5-10 more this time, with small expansions with each successive game. I expect they'll be a passing trend, much like Mega Evolution was...but I'd like them to continue to give Pokemon Megas too, so yeah.

But I find it kinda ironic that a lot of people dislike UBs, yet these same people will criticise new Pokemon for looking too similar to ones from previous generations. Personally, I don't think GF are running out of ideas, more that they're failing to fully explore the ideas they have in favour of repeating the same tired, underwhelming narrative each and every game...

Eresse

Gladion Trash
    Years
    I kind of skimmed through this thread so apologies if i missed if anyone shares the same setiment but... am I the only one who actually wants more variety of Ultra Beasts?

I mean, if Ultra Beasts have their own dimensional space, it only makes sense that there has to be more of them than what we've seen so far. Game Freak already got the ball rolling with the creation of the Ultra Beasts anyway, they might as well take this opportunity to flesh out the UBs some more.
    I'd rather see the lore behind the current Ultra Beasts and Ultra Space fleshed out a little bit more, honestly. Maybe we can go back to their world in USM, and discover some new ones?

Years
    I personally do want to see the lore behind the Ultra Beasts be explained more in US/UM, because it would definitely add weight to the "Ultra" in the game titles. Expanding Ultra Space would also be the icing on the cake since it wasn't utilised enough in the original S/M.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    I personally do want to see the lore behind the Ultra Beasts be explained more in US/UM, because it would definitely add weight to the "Ultra" in the game titles. Expanding Ultra Space would also be the icing on the cake since it wasn't utilised enough in the original S/M.
    id say, you can't even get back in there.
    so far we got a few different alternate dimensions at this point
    the regular pokemon world.
    the afterlife.
    the distortion world, which essentially the other side of the pokemon world
    ultra space, which is essentially an alternate dimension and for some reason or another it completely disables the rotom dex
    the theres the alt world which just seems to be the same universe on with time off set by 12 hours. with certain things being flipped like the sunne & moone alters & lakes and the extra cosmog. though i doubt thats all there really is to that, might be an alternate timeline
    interdream zone, which is essentially canon as dream radar is more or less an expansion of sorts to B2W2
    and there probably even more as hinted by the pokedex

Haunter:
    Because of its ability to slip through block walls, it is said to be from another dimension. RBLG
    Porygon-Z:
    Its programming was modified to enable work in alien dimensions. It did not work as planned. PtBWB2W2
    Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error... HGSSY
    Mega Gengar
    Mega Gengar's unblinking third eye allows it to see into other dimensions. https://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/#Mega
    The energy of Mega Evolution awakened it. It sinks into another dimension, where it keeps a patient watch for its chance to attack. SM

and of course the few anime only ones
    Temporal World dialga's home
    Spatial World palkia's home
    Arceus's World(also the location of the hall of origin)
    Mirror World

and that Unown Dimension from the 3ed movie, one of those episodes where ash had that laritar and much later on in rise of darkrai & arceus and the jewel of life.
    anyway i still have my theory on this ultra space stuff:
    Ultra Beasts
    and heres a zoom in on the pic plus a link to the thread i mentioned
    Ultra Beasts

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9570839#post9570839

Back