• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Beasts

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Sun and Moon introduced a new category of Pokemon called Ultra Beasts whose base stats rival those of the various side-trios (Birds, Beasts, Golems, Lake, Musketeers, etc.) throughout the series in addition to those of the Guardian Deities.
    However, only the first Ultra Beast, Nihilego played a real role in Sun and Moon. And of the others only the second one made an on screen appearance in the main story.
    Do you think that this role will be expanded? Any expectations for new formes for the beasts? Perhaps even new beasts will be made?

Speculate away.

Years
    Angie sums up most of what I was going to say, but she is correct in that the Ultra Beasts were poorly handled in Sun & Moon.

Nihilego was the only one who even played a major role in the plot, and while Buzzwole/Pheromosa appeared in a cutscene getting into a battle with Tapu Koko, you don't see them again until the postgame. The idea of being able to get multiples of some of the UBs was neat, so that you had some to trade over but it was still a poorly handled new concept.

Given what Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon's titles are, I hope it implies Ultra Beasts will play a bigger role.

Years
    I never really cared for the Ultra Beasts. I understand what they were going for but didn't care for them being put into pokemon. I find all of them pretty Ugly and I dislike how unnatural they all look. They feel more like creatures from Yu-Gi-Oh then pokemon design wise. Personally I just want the return of Megas, and new ones. I think GF is trying to distance themselves from them, which is very unfortunate as Megas made me love pokemon ever more than I already did.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Ok, so I think it's clear that Necrozma has some connections with the UBs, I mean it even has a similar cry to them all. The titles are a slight give away with the "Ultra" prefix which leads me to believe they'll once again be the main focus of the storyline. It will be interesting to see what direction they decide to take if these games take place after the events of Sun & Moon with Lusamine out of the picture. Perhaps the Aether Foundation has a new motive with the Ultra Beasts, and Colress is at the helm of it all! Hopefully we'll get more of a backstory into the origin of UBs and how they first came about. It does feel like we had a lot of loose ends in that regard from Sun & Moon. As for new Ultra Beasts, while it's a possibility.. I'm gonna say no.

Sirfetch’d

I actually think more UBs is a great possibility. They said that we'd be getting new Pokemon and I really think those will come in the form of UBs and Alola forms as opposed to just additional gen 7 mons. We shall see though!

Years
    I actually think more UBs is a great possibility. They said that we'd be getting new Pokemon and I really think those will come in the form of UBs and Alola forms as opposed to just additional gen 7 mons. We shall see though!

I'm against adding new Pokemon within games of the same generation, because it will create a huge compatibility issue and makes me think of Game Freak forcing you to get the newest games which not everyone wants to do right away. Remember what we learned from the OR/AS Mega Evolutions not being able to battle X/Y players.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    UB were.. okay. I am not excited for them but I don't mind them. I don't really want to see more of them tho... I would like to see alolan forms from gen 2 tho. And I think it is possible, with the access to G/S on the Eshop in September?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    UB's were meh. Awesome in competitive, but lacking story-wise. I hope we only get what we have already and probably expand on their story more.

pkmin3033

So, Sun and Moon introduced Ultra Beasts, Pokemon from another dimension. Given the "Ultra" in the title, it's a fairly safe bet that US/UM will expand upon Ultra Beasts and their home dimension, the Ultra Space, in some fashion.

So, would you like to see some new UBs? What sort of designs, or type combinations, would you envisage them having?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Ok, so I think it's clear that Necrozma has some connections with the UBs, I mean it even has a similar cry to them all. The titles are a slight give away with the "Ultra" prefix which leads me to believe they'll once again be the main focus of the storyline. It will be interesting to see what direction they decide to take if these games take place after the events of Sun & Moon with Lusamine out of the picture. Perhaps the Aether Foundation has a new motive with the Ultra Beasts, and Colress is at the helm of it all! Hopefully we'll get more of a backstory into the origin of UBs and how they first came about. It does feel like we had a lot of loose ends in that regard from Sun & Moon. As for new Ultra Beasts, while it's a possibility.. I'm gonna say no.

And let's not forget that Solgaleo and Lunala are said to originally come from the Ultra Space and thus are Ultra Beasts themselves. I have a theory that the Tapus are too...

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
    hhhHHHH...The Ultra Beasts could have played such a bigger role in the story besides only one being relevant and the rest being part of an aftergame catch quest. I wish they expand on them in the next games and hopefully add some new ones. That's my greatest wish.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    hhhHHHH...The Ultra Beasts could have played such a bigger role in the story besides only one being relevant and the rest being part of an aftergame catch quest. I wish they expand on them in the next games and hopefully add some new ones. That's my greatest wish.

i want this to as well as removing that damn shiny lock on em

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'd love some new Ultra Beasts, but please give them a bigger role. In Sun and Moon the only "important" ones were UB-01 and (kind of) UB-02, while the rest were just shoved off into the post-game.

Years
    Just a heads up that we've already got a thread discussing the possibility of new Ultra Beasts open right now, so I'm going to go ahead and move this over there for you!

MERGED.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I never really cared for the Ultra Beasts. I understand what they were going for but didn't care for them being put into pokemon. I find all of them pretty Ugly and I dislike how unnatural they all look. They feel more like creatures from Yu-Gi-Oh then pokemon design wise. Personally I just want the return of Megas, and new ones. I think GF is trying to distance themselves from them, which is very unfortunate as Megas made me love pokemon ever more than I already did.

Thankyou for posting this, I think the same

Back