• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ummm.... How do you say your name?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Have you found it hard to ever pronounce someone's username?
    No, don't think so. For everyone that uses Oriental alphabets I put it through a translator or call them what they say to be called. And with people who do the "random-letters-stuck-together" thing, I pronounce it as if there were vowels, since it is otherwise generally impossible. (Why does everyone think Patchisou Yutohru is difficult?)

Has someone ever mispronounced your name in real life?

Every. Single. Time. (when it's read, anyway.) I really don't know how you get "Samantha" out of "Savannah".

da_absol

All-American Emo
    Years
    never. Even japanese names because i already know how to pronounce most.
    Has someone ever Mispronounced your name in real life?\
    All the time...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Have you found it hard to ever pronounce someone's username? I'm sure I have.

If so who? I dunno. The way it's spelled, certainly. Being in a different language. Things like that.

Has someone ever Mispronounced your name in real life? Nick isn't that hard to pronounce. Online, though, people pronounce my username wrong all the time. I think that's why a lot of people just call me Patchy because it's so much easier. I kind of like that most people find it hard to pronounce my username. I love it even more when they speak it out on Skype because most of the people I've talked to can't even say it in full without chopping it up with the Patchisou part.

ALSO, I'd like to note that Patchisou Yutohru came before Pachirisu. :[

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    All the time. People come up with some bizarre names for themselves... makes me wonder what the world would be like if we all named ourselves.

Has someone ever Mispronounced your name in real life?
    People always mispronounce/misspell my last name... I think the most amusing typo is "lolass," used most often by the local pizzeria. My first name is easy to pronounce (Anne-Marie) but people get it wrong just because there are so many variations: Anna-Marie, Anna-Maria, etc. They always forget the hyphen too, it makes me sad. ):

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Yuaoman. I actually try to pronounce his username sometimes when I have nothing better to do, lol. Srsly, it's a crazy username. Oh and I don't really have much issues with the other Nick.

Oh and... as for my name, yes, people don't always say "Danica" as "Daneekah", they say it as "Danicka" D:

It's not that crazy. D:

It's just Yo-ah-man...

And my sister has that same problem, her name is Kee-ah-nah, no Kee-ann-ah. D:

Have you found it hard to ever pronounce someone's username? I'm sure I have.

If so who? I dunno. The way it's spelled, certainly. Being in a different language. Things like that.

Has someone ever Mispronounced your name in real life? Nick isn't that hard to pronounce. Online, though, people pronounce my username wrong all the time. I think that's why a lot of people just call me Patchy because it's so much easier. I kind of like that most people find it hard to pronounce my username. I love it even more when they speak it out on Skype because most of the people I've talked to can't even say it in full without chopping it up with the Patchisou part.

ALSO, I'd like to note that Patchisou Yutohru came before Pachirisu. :[

I've had people misspell my name as 'Nic' somehow... crazy people.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    there are some usernames that just look like incomprehensible clusters of letters, and i just picture the cluster without pronouncing it in my head. the only username i can think of specifically that's given me trouble is "donavannj," i cant seem to separate that "j" lol.

people do all the time irl, so i try to keep it shortened to 'Sav.'

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    A few, but I just shorten them to something I can understand. Actually, with some of these usernames, I'm not sure if I'm pronouncing them correctly, lol
    If so who?
    I'm not one to name names, but most of the ones that come to mind have already been mentioned by others on this thread.
    I don't believe so. My first name is one syllable and three letters so it's kinda hard to botch up, lol

People have misspelled my last name, though, by putting in two "L"'s when there's only one. They still say it correctly, though.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Yeah, but only one member.

If so who?
    Patchisou Yutohru
    I know everyone is saying his name is hard to pronounce, well its true, I've had trouble pronouncing it since I first saw it.

Yeah, but it was only my last name, it makes me so mad T_T

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Usually no. There's some I have trouble with at first, but that's because I'm a speed reader... I usually get it after a couple tries.

Nope. Unless my middle name counts, but that's understandable... It's supposedly exotic.

(And, for the record here, my username is pronounced like so....
    Key-Row-Zah-Nay
    Not... any other pronunciation you had in mind. haha)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    People always found it hard to pronounce my last username LunarHyuuga so I finally changed it to something a little easier to say :)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021

Yes.

If so who?

There's this guy in my Algebra class whose name is Aimen (not sure if that is the correct spelling). I never really understood how to pronounce it. Even the times we had substitutes they called him 'Amen', like the declaration of affirmation for the religious people.

Not yet. I've had a few people mispronounce my last name, though.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I'll post several names I go by.
    Pycthedragon - Pee-why-see-the-dragon
    Daigonite - Dai-go-night
    Charon - Care - on
    Corvidae - Cor-vid-ee
    Also, Rachel Merryfield is "Ray-chel Mary-feeld"

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Everyone pronounces my username wrong. Every single time. It's also often misspelled. It's pronounced "Zehb-ee-do". To be honest, I don't find it hard to pronounce anybody's username. Well apart from the japanese/chinese names obviously as I don't speak either of the two languages. XDD;

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Sometimes, but some of them are just plain outrageous :o

If so who?
    To many to count XD

All the time, all the time.

Back