• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Uncatchable Pokemon

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Hello All,

Are there any pokemon which aren't obtainable using proper in game methods (ie no gameshark etc.) in the 3rd generation of games?

Thanks,
    - Spinda

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Spinda said:
    Hello All,

Are there any pokemon which aren't obtainable using proper in game methods (ie no gameshark etc.) in the 3rd generation of games?

Thanks,
    - Spinda

Mew, deoxys, celebi, jirachi, and lugia. That's all I can think of now, but by un-catchable you mean wiuthout going over to a convention and linking up somehow, right?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    You can get Jirachi with the Bonus Colosseum/Channel disc. When you get the tickets, you will be able to get Lugia, Deoxys and Mew. That's unless you live in Japan in which you can obtain all the Pokemon via RuSaEm/Colosseum/FRLG/tickets. Hope it helps. ^_^

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    aside from the ones mentioned above, i'd say mewtwo...yes, i know you can catch it, but it is near impossible without teh master ball... i had it paralyzed, down to 3 hp, and it was out of useable moves, and i still couldn't catch it before it struggled itself to death like, 10 turns later due to paralysis...rawr

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    Spinda said:
    Hello All,

Thanks,
    - Spinda

In america, Mew and Celebi. Deoxys and Lugea, you will need a ticket. Ho-oh is obtainable in Coloseum, or with a ticket in Lg/Fr. Jirachi, you will need the bonus disk from Coloseum.

In japan, none. Mew is in Emerald, and Celebi is in Coloseum, with bonus disk.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    SkinnyGreenMan said:
    In america, Mew and Celebi. Deoxys and Lugea, you will need a ticket. Ho-oh is obtainable in Coloseum, or with a ticket in Lg/Fr. Jirachi, you will need the bonus disk from Coloseum.

In japan, none. Mew is in Emerald, and Celebi is in Coloseum, with bonus disk.
    Mew is also gotten with a ticket (unnamed as of now), so it's just Celebi everywhere apart from Japan.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Actually, it's not even in a bonus disc for Pokemon Channel, all you have to do is complete the main game to unlock Jirachi. This is for PAL countries only, so all your NTSC people, you're in an unlucky position.

As for the Japanese, did they ever get Jirachi?

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I think its only the legendarys that someone mentioned...thats all

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Japan got Jirachi when they saw Wish Maker at the cinema. All they had to do was bring their Game Boy down, and a Nintendo rep would download it for them. It's shocking really. :(

Charocal

Pokemon Fan
    Years
    seraphim said:
    aside from the ones mentioned above, i'd say mewtwo...yes, i know you can catch it, but it is near impossible without teh master ball... i had it paralyzed, down to 3 hp, and it was out of useable moves, and i still couldn't catch it before it struggled itself to death like, 10 turns later due to paralysis...rawr

Are you takling about Fire Red/Leaf Green, because on mine I caught Mewtwo with an Ultraball on 5 hp and no paralysis, burn, freeze, sleep, poisen, or confused. I guess I was just lucky.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    nah mewtwo is ridiculously easy to catch in the games
    id say the birds are about the right difficulty though

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2004
    i found this savegame on gamefaq (bzt the topic was removed).
    can you tell me how i can get this on my ruby? i use game sahrk.
    thnx

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    in America, Celebi is the only pokemon unobtainable yet... Mew has high chances of having an event for Emerald to go to World's Edge Island to catch it.. Deoxys by AuroraTicket and of course Lugia, Ho-oh by the MysticTicket by an event later... Ho-oh is also obtainable by Colosseum (I have it ^_^).. Jirachi, I got it by the bonus disk my friend has ^^... as for Mewtwo and the legendary birds, they were VERY easy using ultra balls thanks to my Magneton hehe...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    O_o I could swear I already posted in this thread...

Anyways, at the moment, only Mew and Celebi are unobtainable in English countries. When Emerald is released, Mew jumps off the list. Chances are that Celebi will either get its own island in Diamond/Pearl (or the sequal); that's all that I can think of.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Kyogre-chan said:
    O_o I could swear I already posted in this thread...

lol maybe you just read it over and over a lot

i think celebi will be released with some bonus disc or some form of promotion before diamond and pearl come out. i think nintendo will want to wrap it up before the next generation of games

it would be silly not to at this point, especially with better legendaries like jirachi available

Back