• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I Denchura looked like that that would be amazing!!

Years
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

New??? A shiny Yanappu??

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

New??? A shiny Yanappu??

Found here: https://www.pokexperto.net/index2.p...ts&id=1283601416&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

When I translate it to English with a Google translator:

It has been leaked on 2ch a scan of an unknown origin in which we see that there is a new Pokémon to the right of Yanappu, this new Pokemon appears to be a Water-type version of Yanappu, since its form is similar and is blue . denied that it is simply a new form of Yanappu, as you can see that your name is different from Yanappu: This new Pokémon called Hiyappu or Baoppu.

Like there is this version of Water-type, we presuppose that there must be another version of Fire-type red, which would be named remainder of the foregoing. This would be understandable in the first gym has three leaders, each with a different hair color. Also explain why the medal we received in this gym has the colors of these three basic types, as well as why we need to respond to questions related to the types Grass, Fire and Water to fight a gym leader.

The front could be different and it actually would be neat to have three sort of similar looking Monkeys of three different types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just a note, until the Yanappu counterpart is confirmed, keep posting about it here (since it's not 100% yet?), plus as we've seen in the past, Serebii/PokeBeach aren't always right.

If the Yanappu counterpart is true, it can have its own thread, and if the starter evos are true, then they'd probably go best in the starter thread, but if someone creates a thread on it, it cannot be helped and I'll just leave it.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    If they ARE real, why would Mijumaru's final evo look like a walrus of some sort?
    You'd think that they would keep the colours scheme and the fact that Mijumaru is based on otters instead of turning Mijumaru into a navy walrus.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    If they ARE real, why would Mijumaru's final evo look like a walrus of some sort?
    You'd think that they would keep the colours scheme and the fact that Mijumaru is based on otters instead of turning Mijumaru into a navy walrus.

Mijumaru could become Water/Fighting because he looks like a fighter/samurai in all three forms.

Lets just keep in mind that some evolutions of pokemon don't make sense until Bulbapedia shows us the origin.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    It looks like those starter evos are real. According to PokeBeach anyway.

Quoted from PokeBeach forums

Tsutaaja is pretty easy. First it's a snake with legs and arms, a neck collar, and a leaf on it's tail. It evolves and it's arms becomes smaller and it's legs become more fragile. It gets a little sleeker and it's collar grow out. Then in the final form it loses it's legs and arms and becomes slim and sleek (similar to what happened to actually snakes) with a leafy tail. The collar around it's neck grows out which makes it look like some type of king snake or something.

Mijumaru was a little tricky at first but I kind of see it now. Notice how Mijumaru has dark blue ears, a white face, little dots on its face, and a light blue body with a shell on it's belly. Also notice how it's feet are flat. Then it evolves and it's body becomes blue, grows whiskers from the dots, it's lower body becomes dark blue with two shell on it's side, and it's feet get longer and flat, and so does it's tail. Also notice that little spike on top of it's head. Basically we see it's becoming more and more aquatic. With those type of feet walking on twos becomes harder and harder. Then we see it's final evolution which finally becomes quadrupedal, giant otter. (An actual species of otter.) It has fully grown whiskers, has a dark blue body, the shell on it's sides has covered most of it's body, including it's tail and the thing on it's head grew out to what seems to be a conch shell. So basically Miju's final forms is just a quadrupedal otter.

Pokabu's is the easiest. As a Pokabu it's seems to have a black bandanna on it's head, while wearing a black diaper. Also that yellow mark on it's nose resembles a flame on a lighter. Then Pokabu evolves and becomes bipedal with black tights on similar to a wrestler. The final evo looks as its it's wear a championship belt and has flame coming out of it's nose. Also notice how Pokabu's tail looks like the lit end of a bomb, then when it evolves tail tail look like the bomb has been lit and it's almost ready to explode, and then the final evolution has it's tail looking like the bomb just when off, maybe that's which there's fire coming out of his nose. Not too sure on that last part.

Anyways that's what I think. Hope this helps some people.
    And this explanation is very valid :\ We'll just have to get used to them I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    SEREBII IS AGAIN SAYING THAT THOSE STARTER EVOLUTIONS ARE PROBABLY REAL...
    :shocked: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well i didn't really expect Mijumaru's evolution to go that way, but if it's real, i think it's still pretty awesome
    Pokabu's evo makes me love pokabu
    and
    OH MY GOD THAT'S AWESOME
    i'm sorry, i just had a pokegasm at the amazingness of Tsutaja's evolution
    so Tsutaja is still my favorite

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Real? eww, nooo Dx :P Dx Dx
    im so not picking pokabu anymore v.v
    i cant even choose :/ eh i guess mijumaru
    please let that slim chance fake happen

but it still seems strange, they dont look like the right style to me, and the way they were released. im guessing someone saw them and drew them? to show everyone

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I'm still hoping they're fake, haha. I know that Tsutarja was meant to be a snake, but with its second evolution (with the tail spines), I was expecting something that looked more like a dragon and less like a snake.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    They arent fake.

Go to seribii and look at the BETA ARTWORK. The un-colured in drawings. They are the EXACT same ( with Pokabu missing ).

They arent fake. These are the true evo's. Im choosing Pokabu. Its the only one that doesnt evolve into a major fugly thing.
    Really? Odd that you would use that as proof. That's why I'm actually leaning toward "fake" - we've had the artwork for a while, so someone could've used it to make these. Plus, one would think that designs would change, at least, somewhat from beta artwork.

However, assuming they are real, I'm happy. My opinions are unchanged - Mijumaru > Pokabu > Tsuutaja. I absolutely love Mijumaru's final form, I think it may be because its stance reminds me of plesiosaurs. Pokabu is odd, but in an adorable way - plus, a better Fire/Dark type. Tsuutaja's evolved form surprises me; they actually made it look decent! It's still, by far, my least favorite, but I don't hate it as much as I did when all I'd seen was Tsuutaja. It's odd that I like it at all, though, because, as a rule, I hate Dragon-types, which it clearly is.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    A collection of pretty interesting posts from Pokebeach:

I think they're really drawing a lot from Chinese classics this gen.

The pig evolution is probably based on Zhu Bajie from the Chinese classic Journey to the West, which is interesting given that Infernape was obviously based on Sun Wukong, the monkey god and main character of said novel. That's why they share that gold symbol -- it's a reference to the circlet Sun Wukong was tricked into wearing by a monk so that the monk could control him through shrinking the circlet, thus causing him unbearable headaches. I'm hoping he turns out to be Fire/Steel, haha!

And there's Tsutajaa's evolution. Likely based on the character Green Snake from yet another Chinese classic, the Legend of Madam White Snake.

/Chinese classic nerd. :B

As for the monkeys' origin, yep, they're probably based on the Japanese legend of the three wise monkeys.

I think the monkey trio is nice.

Dento is a gym leader that has Yanapo in his party and will probably follow ash in his travell ,but is Dento just going to leave the gym? No....
    He got brothers....Two brothers...Each of them got one ape each! I am 100% sure in this theory! The two other broders will take over the gym after dento is gone. Anyone agree with the theory??
    (sorry if my english isn't perfect!)

I agree with both posts quoted above. It would make sense for them to have two starters in back to back gens that have a reference to the same thing. They might clash in the anime.

The three brothers thing makes me think that it will be a triple battle for the gym badge. It would be a great way to introduce the concept, just like the double battle gym in Hoenn.

If those starter evolutions are real, I was so right in thinking that Pokabu would turn out best, Tsutaja is second and Mijumaru is the worst. And I had a really weird feeling I wouldn't be.

Mijumaru and its first form are Sea Otters and then they turn into a Giant Otter (actual species) with a bunch of shells on its body.

The Yanappu, Hiyappu and Baoppu could be based off the Three Wise Monkeys:

From Wikipedia:
    The three wise monkeys (Japanese: 三猿, san'en or sanzaru, or 三匹の猿, sanbiki no saru, literally "three monkeys") are a pictorial maxim. Together they embody the proverbial principle to "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil". The three monkeys are Mizaru, covering his eyes, who sees no evil; Kikazaru, covering his ears, who hears no evil; and Iwazaru, covering his mouth, who speaks no evil. Sometimes there is a fourth monkey depicted with the three others; the last one, Shizaru, symbolizes the principle of "do no evil". He may be shown crossing his arms.
    There are various meanings ascribed to the monkeys and the proverb including associations with being of good mind, speech and action. In the western world the phrase is often used to refer to those who deal with impropriety by looking the other way, refusing to acknowledge it, or feigning ignorance.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    A collection of pretty interesting posts from Pokebeach:

I agree with both posts quoted above. It would make sense for them to have two starters in back to back gens that have a reference to the same thing. They might clash in the anime.

The three brothers thing makes me think that it will be a triple battle for the gym badge. It would be a great way to introduce the concept, just like the double battle gym in Hoenn.

Mijumaru and its first form are Sea Otters and then they turn into a Giant Otter (actual species) with a bunch of shells on its body.

The Yanappu, Hiyappu and Baoppu could be based off the Three Wise Monkeys:

From Wikipedia:
    To the bolded:

Tate and Liza gave you your 7th badge, so they were hardly introducing the concept when we'd already had plenty of double battles with other trainers.

And the Mijumaru 2nd stage evo just doesn't work for me. 1st stage evo is fine, but the 2nd stage just looks way off.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    Serebii says there real!!!!

serebii have said that the starter evolutions everyone thought were fake are in fact real. they said the guy who claimed them had little to no evidence and have had comfirmaition they are real. i think there fake but check serebii.net to see for yourself

Back