• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Your point?

Serebii had put them up, then soon took them down. But after being shown proof the evolutions were real by PokeExperto, he put the evolutions back up on the site again.

and now theres more than enough proof,and he changed his statement to say its NOT confirmed :P i trust serebii before experto, since experto is even less reliable than serebii :P

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    They are fake, So let's stop fighting about it.

And Volroc is right.

my last comment want fighting it was merely a jest :laugh:

but thank you for keepin the peace :)

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Man I pray that the starters' evos are fake, except for mujimaru's first stage evo.

Compare the evos to already existing pokemon, Pokabu's first stage evo is basically a fire type Azumarril, and his second stage a Rhyperior. Mujimaru's first stage also resembles Marshtomp a lot, but I kinda like it, so that doesn't really matter. Mujimaru's second stage also looks like Dialga, wich, unfortunately, isn't a good thing. and Tsutaja's final stage is just plain ugly.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Man I pray that the starters' evos are fake, except for mujimaru's first stage evo.

Compare the evos to already existing pokemon, Pokabu's first stage evo is basically a fire type Azumarril, and his second stage a Rhyperior. Mujimaru's first stage also resembles Marshtomp a lot, but I kinda like it, so that doesn't really matter. Mujimaru's second stage also looks like Dialga, wich, unfortunately, isn't a good thing. and Tsutaja's final stage is just plain ugly.

im the completely reverse, the other evos rhyperior wannabe& dialga wannabe are gawd awful IMO

but i did like the grass final, its a Quetzalcoatl minus the wings, which is what im hoping the grass starter turns into :)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I know I stand to look like a fool if I'm wrong in saying this, but I'm just convinced that the evos are fake. Evolutionary lines have something in common at every stage - things like the fact that Tsutaja and the confirmed 1st stage evo have the same leaf on their tail. The final evo does not.

On top of this, I just find it incredibly difficult to believe that Gamefreak would have so little creativity to make new Pokemon that look SO similar to Rhyperior (Pokabu's final evo) and Salamence (Mijumaru's final evo), and even Milotic (Tsutaja's final evo). I know a lot of people think they're running out of ideas, but this would just be ridiculous.

Looking at those .gifs showing the way the sprites could have been created - i.e. by photoshopping existing Pokemon like Lickilicky and Rhyperior - just convince me even further that they're fake, as does the fact that little inconsistencies are all over the designs, like Pokabu's final form having different-coloured claws, and Mijumaru's final stage having asymmetrical moustaches.

In short, I just can't honestly believe they're real. Which is handy, seeing as I think they're nowhere near as good as they could and should be.

Last edited:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I know I stand to look like a fool if I'm wrong in saying this, but I'm just convinced that the evos are fake. Evolutionary lines have something in common at every stage - things like the fact that Tsutaja and the confirmed 1st stage evo have the same leaf on their tail. The final evo does not.

On top of this, I just find it incredibly difficult to believe that Gamefreak would have so little creativity to make new Pokemon that look SO similar to Rhyperior (Pokabu's final evo) and Salamence (Mijumaru's final evo), and even Milotic (Tsutaja's final evo). I know a lot of people think they're running out of ideas, but this would just be ridiculous.

Looking at those .gifs showing the way the sprites could have been created - i.e. by photoshopping existing Pokemon like Lickilicky and Rhyperior - just convince me even further that they're fake, as does the fact that little inconsistencies are all over the designs, like Pokabu's final form having different-coloured claws, and Mijumaru's final stage having asymmetrical moustaches.

In short, I just can't honestly believe they're real. Which is handy, seeing as I think they're nowhere near as good as they could and should be.

i never thought they were running out of ideas to begin with :)
    so im 100% with this :)

What he said several days ago doesn't matter, as he said this yesterday.

the edit was made today/yesterday depending on your time zone :/

Last edited:

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    the edit was made today/yesterday depending on your time zone :/

Edit? I'm referring to a forum post.

In addition, this is what Serebii said at first:

Normally, I wouldn't post something like this but the circumstances behind the post has encouraged me to do it. A short time ago, a user posted on the Japanese forum 2ch various images of what are allegedly the evolutions of the starter Pokémon; Tsutarja, Pokabu & Mijumaru. This post was placed upon 2ch's Siberia board where leaks have come in the past. For example, the starters names, Professor Araragi, Team Plasma and both Triple & Rotation Battles were posted there back in April, way before they were included in CoroCoro. As 2ch publically logs the IP, I was able to trace the IP of the posters of both rumours to the same area of Japan running on the same ISP, which in itself isn't significant but does add credence to this. These images are NOT CONFIRMED AT ALL so don't take them as fact yet. However, due to the circumstances stated above, I am going to post them. Just remember that these are not confirmed and may very well turn out to be fake. We'll bring more on this as and when it comes
    Edit: We have reason to question these as a user has claimed them to be his creation but he provided no evidence for this.

Later, he said this:

On Wednesday, these images leaked onto 2ch for the evolutions of Tsutaja, Pokabu & Mijumaru. Everyone was unsure about them until some user claimed he created them. However, with no evidence, we were all unsure as to whether they were real or fake. However, I have received confirmation that these Pokémon are in fact the evolutions of the starter Pokémon. While there's a slim chance that this is wrong, everything I have been told has turned out accurate thus far. We'll bring more as it comes. Click the spoiler tag to see the evolutions in case you didn't catch them on Wednesday.

And here is PokeBeach's own confirmation on the evolutions:

https://pokebeach.com/2010/09/isshu-starter-evolutions-apparently-leaked-blue-yanappu

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Edit? I'm referring to a forum post.

In addition, this is what Serebii said at first:

Later, he said this:

And here is PokeBeach's own confirmation on the evolutions:

https://pokebeach.com/2010/09/isshu-starter-evolutions-apparently-leaked-blue-yanappu

take a look at the "official" artwork

here now look at these:

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7e/006Charizard.png/765px-006Charizard.png

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/3e/254Sceptile.pnghttps://...

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/7/7f/395Empoleon.png/480px-395Empoleon.png

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/2/20/206Dunsparce.png/525px-206Dunsparce.png

the colours are far more vibrant than those fake starter evos, that alone is proof.

heres some 5th gen official artwork if your not convinced:

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/de/494Tsutarja.png
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/45/Victini.png/481px-Victini.png

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/38/Swanna.png

compare the quality of the artwork

i have 20/20 vision, so i can see the clear difference in both the styles, the colours, & the over all quality.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Both, Tsutaja and Mijumaru 2nd evo are right for sure.

This is a good point - Serebii could be right in saying that the evolutions are confirmed as real, but he may not realise that only the 1st stage evos are and the final stages aren't.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    This is a good point - Serebii could be right in saying that the evolutions are confirmed as real, but he may not realise that only the 1st stage evos are and the final stages aren't.

thats what ive been trying to say :)
    we know the first stages on those 2 are confirmed, but the finals arent, & with the awful artwork compared to the official artwork ive seen so far, i find it hard to believe, even the beta picture he put up in an earlier post has far better quality.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Those aren't official artwork. It's anime art, which is why Tsutaja and Mijumaru's evolutions are in the same poses as they were in the leaked anime concept art sheet.

anime looks even better than the official artwork after being coloured, thank you for proving my point :)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Official anime art =/= concept art.

still looks better when coloured, the person who drew that (no offense) used horrible supplies, theres no way a big time anime corporation would use walmart brand crayons :/

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    still looks better when coloured

Yeah, you're not really understanding the concept of concept art, are you? It's not official artwork, and much like the leaked anime art, was never meant to be seen by us. That is the reason why they are colored as poorly as they are.

Back