• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've read back over what all of you said overnight and I just want to mention a few things.

Respect eachothers opinions. Don't flame eachother. Don't insult Pokemon news sites.

Really, it's not that hard to do.

On a lighter note, if the Tsutaaja evo is real, it won't be dragon, but probably just grass. Sad. :(

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I've read back over what all of you said overnight and I just want to mention a few things.

Respect eachothers opinions. Don't flame eachother. Don't insult Pokemon news sites.

Really, it's not that hard to do.

On a lighter note, if the Tsutaaja evo is real, it won't be dragon, but probably just grass. Sad. :(

Although, Grass/Dragon would be good if they didn't really give it as great as stats/moves.

The typing combination also gives it 4x weakness to ice.

I still don't think they will ever make a starter a cool type.

What I think would be cool, if they made the Grass starter Grass/Fire, the Fire one Fire/Water, and the water one Water/Grass.

NEUTRAL STARTERS YAY :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Sorry sir I'm very stupid with Pokemon type Matchups.....sometimes.

@:Countryemo: If the Pokeexperto Miji evo was real, How would it be fighting if it was bipedal?

I hope its water dark. Cause then it would be like a Water version of Zoroark. Awesome :D

Although, Grass/Dragon would be good if they didn't really give it as great as stats/moves.

The typing combination also gives it 4x weakness to ice.

I still don't think they will ever make a starter a cool type.

What I think would be cool, if they made the Grass starter Grass/Fire, the Fire one Fire/Water, and the water one Water/Grass.

NEUTRAL STARTERS YAY :D
    Yeah but sadly I doubt that would ever happen :(

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Umm torterra is totally weak to fire. You must have meant to say Swampert which lost its weakness to electric.

ya, sorry, long day lol

I just think Grass/Poison is too much of an obvious pairing. It just annoys me. They should make starters unique.

i completely agree with this, its the basis to why i hate infernape,other than it being completely ugly.

i honestly think we should speculate on the beginners, since the games are a week away, if we **** here argue pointlessly on obviously fake pictures (IMO) then that takes the fun out of it,& we will all be disappointed :(

on the 3rd legendary i saw up above,i know its fake, but i like the heads design :)

oh& grass/dragon isnt a bad idea, whoever called urself stupid for thinkin that, dont, the person whos stupid is the person who insulted you for thinkin that your stupid for your opinion.

i think grass/dragon would be a great combo, after all it gets rid of fire, but makes ice x4, & ice pokemon are more common than fire types (well in gen4 they are :P)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Tsutaja's final being Grass/Dragon wouldn't break the cycle. There were points already put up. Empoleon Water/Steel loses its Grass Weakness so the cycle for that group broke.

I would love to have an official Dragon for a starter and not just a breed group dragon like Charizard. If Tsutaja's Evo was part Dragon it would at least make it above "useless as dirt" rating for me.

Personal Stand point. I want all the Evolutions to be pure type.
    Tsutaja's whole line: Pure Grass
    Pokabu's whole line: Pure Fire
    Mijumaru's whole line: Pure Water

I also see Tsutaja's final evo looking like a Snake at the end. I mean Tsutaja is a "snake" Pokemon. I saw someone post about ancient snakes having arms and legs and then loosing them through evolution so I can see this happening with Tsutaja.

For Pokabu...I can see either the Fire Boar quadraped idea or bipedial wrestler pig idea.

For Mijumaru. I'm hoping it comes something close to the art we got cause I absolutely love that one. I was already starting with Mijumaru, but that Evolution made me want to evolve it a whole lot faster.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Tsutaja's final being Grass/Dragon wouldn't break the cycle. There were points already put up. Empoleon Water/Steel loses its Grass Weakness so the cycle for that group broke. Doesn't matter Torterra is also ground type

I would love to have an official Dragon for a starter and not just a breed group dragon like Charizard. If Tsutaja's Evo was part Dragon it would at least make it above "useless as dirt" rating for me.

I also see Tsutaja's final evo looking like a Snake at the end. I mean Tsutaja is a "snake" Pokemon. I saw someone post about ancient snakes having arms and legs and then loosing them through evolution so I can see this happening with Tsutaja.

For Pokabu...I can see either the Fire Boar quadraped idea or bipedial wrestler pig idea.

For Mijumaru. I'm hoping it comes something close to the art we got cause I absolutely love that one. I was already starting with Mijumaru, but that Evolution made me want to evolve it a whole lot faster.
    If Miju3 learns megahorn it'll be the first starter final evolution to do that. comments in bold

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If Miju3 learns megahorn it'll be the first starter final evolution to do that. comments in bold

The cycle is no longer Fire > Grass > Water.

for the secondary types: Fighting > Steel < Ground. Still Cycle is broken.

You could counter Empoleon learns Flying attacks, but the cycle for type advantage was still lost.

Grass/Dragon wouldn't break the cycle.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Tsutaja's final being Grass/Dragon wouldn't break the cycle. There were points already put up. Empoleon Water/Steel loses its Grass Weakness so the cycle for that group broke.

Wouldn't Torterra losing it's resistance to water also break the cycle?

Sinnoh had a weird final starter base. Empoleon was the odd one out, because Torterra could easily defeat it with Earthquake, and Infernape could too with Close Combat. :( Poor Empoleon.

Maybe there isn't a cycle? Maybe that's just a fan-created theory based on what we have observed in the past? So, it's possible that Tsutaja's final assuming it's real could be part Dragon.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    As much as I hate to say it, Leafsnake is not a Grass/Dragon. GF is much too conservative for something as avant-garde as a starter being part Dragon, so as far as I'm concerned, it's not gonna happen.

I'm also hoping it is not pure Grass or Grass/Poison, but it likely is, which means I will probably ditch it in favour of another Grass type, because I have no use or need for a Sceptile/Roserade wannabe, especially the latter. As far as I'm concerned Roserade outclasses every single Grass/Poison Pokemon in existence and creating more Grass/Poison Pokemon is both idiotic and unnecessary. If you don't like Roserade, just use Venusaur. The other two are fairly useless in comparison (although I still adore Vileplume; I just don't use it). As for the other two, I really couldn't care less. XD Another Fire/Fighting will make no difference to me; as far as I'm concerned Blaziken is the only Fire/Fighting Pokemon that matters. And, while it'd be cool if Ottarmor was part Fighting (or Ice), I won't be using it so idrc. ;P

Finally, I don't mean to be rude to anyone, but this whole "cycle" thing that people are talking about is nonense as far as I'm concerned. There's no such thing.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i agree that its unlikely& that gamefreak arent smart enough to make a part dragon beginner, but i still hope for a grass/dragon & a fire/dragon (thats not that ****tard reshiram) whether its a beginner or not :)

as long as smugleaf isnt part poison, im happy, every snake has been part poison, & i thing poison is the worse type for seviper, it shouldve been dark, or fire IMO it just seems to fit it better.

i honestly dont care about mijumaru, im not big on water beginners, piplup is my fav...
    im not much into the fire piggy, since my wife dubbed it "Bacon!!"
    dont get me wrong their both cute, but tsutarja is my beginner for gen5
    gen1- charmander
    gen2-cyndaquil
    gen3-torchic&treecko
    gen4-piplup
    gen5-tsutarja
    i guess i always use the reptile or bird :P
    i use Cyndaquil cuz its the best fire pookemon IMO

i hope this region is more diverse in fire, ice, ghost, &dragon types since those are my fav types :)

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    Yes it would. one of the other two would have to be /dragon as well or /ice for it to work.
    I could get behind a Fire/Ice Pokemon, in fact that sounds very useful. Granted I would prefer see a fire grass, like tangrowth evolving into a burning bush or something but Fire needs to be more diversified, and Ice needs to be more diversified. I am still rather hoping to see a few evolutions of previous pokemon though, I know not everyone is behind that but I think it really helped some pokemon that needed the help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I hope that the 5th gen starter lines would go something like this:

Water > Water > Water/Rock
    Fire > Fire/Fighting > Fire/Fighting
    Grass > Grass/Poison > Grass/Poison

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I hope that the 5th gen starter lines would go something like this:

Water > Water > Water/Rock
    Fire > Fire/Fighting > Fire/Fighting
    Grass > Grass/Poison > Grass/Poison

Why do you want a third Fire/Fighting starter in a row? ;_;

This is said to be the final Kurukiru evolution (which is also supposed to be Bug/GrasS) or a final Bug/Poison Pokemon. How can they not know which? D:

Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Here is a list of rumors since the rumors thread was closed:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...looks interesting. I can sort of visualise it as something like Pinsir and Weedle.

As for the rumours, they'll fit into the relevant threads, but this thread isn't for rumours. It's only for 5th Gen Unconfirmed/Fake Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah, but Blastoise isn't part ground.

That's why Torterra is part ground
    That ain't true and you know it, Ground doesn't resist fire

:p

But, like you said, they're fake, lets just hope the real ones will look a lot better then these ones.

It would be weak, if Mijumaru's frickin' ugly evolution (hope it's fake) is parte ice, since ice beats dragon and grass, causing a 4x damage. It would reverse the cycle, but that's ok for me.

I hope that those evos are fake, since Pokabu, who was the best starter, turned out to be ugly and fighting (once again!). I was hoping for some four-legged boar, an awesome one at that. I didn't like Mijumaru very much, but the first evo is cool (if it's white, like Miju), but no, they had to ruin it in the second evo with that horrible head and body. I saw some images on deviantArt, and I saw some really cool evos for him, making me wish that GF would see them and make them real! Not those ugly ones that came out and are hopefully fake. As for Tsutaja's ones, they could be better, but I'm fine with them...

Also, on a different (and a bit off-topic) note, is it just me, or does Chillarmy look like a prevolution of Eevee (I'm saying it looks like, and not "it must be!", don't get confused)? xD

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    It would be weak, if Mijumaru's frickin' ugly evolution (hope it's fake) is parte ice, since ice beats dragon and grass, causing a 4x damage.

im surprised at how no water starter was part ice :P .
    but i only like tsuutaja (or whatever the hell its name was)'s evo,
    i hated pokabu's,
    not enjoying what looks like the 3rd fire/fighting starter.

Kyo-chan

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    even serebii doesn't post their source most of the time but pokejungle gets all info from different sites including pokexperto.

pokejungle is reporting an evo for kibago.

Checked it this morning while you were in class and it's now saying it's fake dear, which saddens me cause you know I like this guy =(

Back