• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

G3RM

Trainer
    Years
    Yep, a new Pokemon. Saw this at PokeBeach. Maybe its just me, but it looks like it could be Yanappu's evolution or something. <333 That art is so amazing, though. Seeing Musharna on two legs just made me like it.

I was thinking shijika's evo, and so we're some others, considering it looked like it was on the same paper as shijika,

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, considering the new Pokemon actually is a new Pokemon and not unconfirmed, you could just make a Pokemon Pia thread to speculate on that and discuss other things in the magazine. Just my opinion, though.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    That thing under Shijika.... It kind of looks like the tail of Tsutaja's final evo! But it probably isn't, ha ha. xD

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    This interview doesn't confirm anything. XD Are you people serious? All the man has said is that Wotter's final evo looks very different from the first, plus the other bits of info here and there. It doesn't make the current leaked designs official or real, just likelier to be the real deal. But for all we know, they look different from these leaked ones, not necessarily totally different from them, but not necessarily exactly like them. Seriously, "a sea otter lion samurai" is a very vague statement; just ask everyone to picture such a thing and I can guarantee that everyone will picture something different.

I'm not believing anything until it's confirmed.

EDIT:

also omgwtfbbq new pokemon? o.o

Last edited:

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
    I was thinking shijika's evo, and so we're some others, considering it looked like it was on the same paper as shijika,

Yeah! Its kinda make sense if that is Shijinka's evolution to me. The Poke`Beach said so. But I wonder what it will look like. Well, We'll just have to wait next week. Or perhaps, A few days later which when BW finally released. I guess I'll wait until the USA version, I'm not taking pre-order the Japanese...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bring that discussion over to the Pokemon Pia thread. :)

Keep this for starter evos and other unconfirmed or fake Pokemon~

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Okay I'm pretty sure those are the evos. Here's why.

Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread
    Well Sugi said the Tsuutaja family would have a western design, it is royal looking and its in the form of a serpent, maybe a reference to feudal europe.

Pokabu's final evo shows signs of Chiniese Design, which Mr. Sugimori also stated. The bright patterns on it are showing the beauty of chinese art and decoration as the chineise were quite decorative. Also the flames on it Pokabu's final evos tail and the designs of the flames in general look like Firecrackers, a staple of many chinese festivals and of course, the pig is a sign in the chinese zodiac.

Finally Mijumaru's. For those of you who said it was a Sea OTTER, its final form is actually a Sea LION, which are quadropedal. Its armor and padding represent that of the samurai and its mustache represents a wise master of combat imho. This may also make a reference to Japan's close affiliation with the sea, as Japan was known for legends such as the kappa, and fishing is a prime industry in japan.
    That's my take on these guys and why I think they are indeed REAL.

Sea Otters are quadrapedal (at least i think they are) but Mijumaru isn't. He can still have Sea Lion aspects without losing all of his samurai references.

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    Oh no

Oh please Game Freak! Let these evos be fake. Even if Sugo said they were real, does that confirm that really are real? Cause I hate the. Very, very much.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    @LouBeatYou; He didn't actually say they were real. Technically, even after what he said, they still aren't confirmed. Right now I'm hoping PokeExperto is wrong on something. D;

Years
    @LouBeatYou; He didn't actually say they were real. Technically, even after what he said, they still aren't confirmed. Right now I'm hoping PokeExperto is wrong on something. D;

I'm on the same boat as you... u_u
    Have you seen the Pokemon he's shown? Both PokeBeach and Serebii seem to be accepting everything he's saying. I'm still skeptical because of Ken saying that he wanted to base Mijumaru off of a samurai. Wouldn't that mean Mijumaru's final evolution would be Water/Fighting? But PxP says Mijumaru will be pure water. He even said Pokabu will be Fire/Fighting. A THIRD FIRE AND FIGHTING-TYPE STARTER IN A ROW? Seems VERY unlikely. >.>

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    [QUOTE-ManhattanTheStarr]I'm on the same boat as you... u_u
    Have you seen the Pokemon he's shown? Both PokeBeach and Serebii seem to be accepting everything he's saying. I'm still skeptical because of Ken saying that he wanted to base Mijumaru off of a samurai. Wouldn't that mean Mijumaru's final evolution would be Water/Fighting? But PxP says Mijumaru will be pure water. He even said Pokabu will be Fire/Fighting. A THIRD FIRE AND FIGHTING-TYPE STARTER IN A ROW? Seems VERY unlikely. >.>
    Agree times a million. I can;t except that Mijimaru's final evo is quadrapedal. I hate that. I can;t even think of it being a part fighting type while it's quadrapedal! Pokabu's final evo I don't mind, reminds of a sumo wrestler tho. Tsutaja's final evo... Why? Tsutaja had so much potential. I guess im just stuck on bipedals i guess :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm on the same boat as you... u_u
    Well we did have three rock gyms though only two were in a row...so why not three fire/Fighting...though I was hoping it wouldn't be Fire/Fighting but I don't hate nor really love them...

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
    Oh please Game Freak! Let these evos be fake. Even if Sugo said they were real, does that confirm that really are real? Cause I hate the. Very, very much.

When they are Fake, They are fake. But when they are real, They are real. Its simple. What can we do anyway? But I do agree too. I don't like them.

Forever[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium said:
    ;6143914] He didn't actually say they were real. Technically, even after what he said, they still aren't confirmed. Right now I'm hoping PokeExperto is wrong on something. D;[/FONT]

Yeah, I do agree too. Lets just see what will happen. True or false, I just have to take it...

Agree times a million. I can;t except that Mijimaru's final evo is quadrapedal. I hate that. I can;t even think of it being a part fighting type while it's quadrapedal! Pokabu's final evo I don't mind, reminds of a sumo wrestler tho. Tsutaja's final evo... Why? Tsutaja had so much potential. I guess im just stuck on bipedals i guess :P

Yeah, I do agree too. I was actually thinking Mijumaru will turned out to be the coolest (Because I love it). Even I'm losing interest on those starters now...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    i dont know if these pokemon are real or not..but i saw them on that image sliding thing on pocketmonster.net and theres a lot more pokemon designs x]

here some more pictures x]
    um I saw those pokemon in Pokebeach today so they are true...all of them except the rock but that is due to the fact that it doesn't show up >_>

The Red Chain

Pokejungle updated for potentially leaked Coro Coro scans :

Spoiler:

Looks like those starters may be real afterall.... I hope the final evos are fake at LEAST. D:

Remember, these are not confirmed, hence why I decided to post them here.
    On another note, that water monkey is cute as omgggg.. <3333

Back