• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Hey, I just wanted to bring this up, do we know if Mamanbou is actually a Luvdisc evo?

It hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but it seems almost obvious when looking at the 2 Pokemon's body structure and details. Most Pokemon forums and blogs have already taken it to be Luvdisk's evolution already, so you can pretty much say it is.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Ugh... this is one of the reasons I absolutely loathe leaks (especially purported 'fake' leaks which end up wasting everyone's time and angering a lot of people). Not only do they disrespect the creator's intention, they also spoil the whole experience (in this case, they ruin the feeling of discovering a new Pokemon in-game)... Should Pokabu's "rumored" final evo turn out to be true, I'm going to be a bit disappointed since that's the starter I plan on beginning with once I traverse Gen IV and enter Gen V.

However, I know things like commotion over newly revealed Pokemon should be expected, since I am in the Black&White Versions forum, which entails discussion of BW Pokemon and other aspects...

This is the first time I've been caught up in a "fake Pokemon" mystery/controversy during my time in the Pokemon franchise, and it's getting a bit suspenseful... I'm just hoping the rumored pics are fake so I can be done with the matter and be free of a dampened outlook on Gen V! (this is what I get for lingering around Bulbanews too often, I guess... :\)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • uh oh!!! =O
    any reason serebii has the start evos on the 5th gen pokemon section??
    Yeah it 's because Serebii is saying that there is a 90 something % chance they are true...well they didn't exactly said that but they did say they are most likely true but there is a "small chance" that they are in fact, Fake

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Bulbapedia has them up as well.

Bulbapedia does not post anything that isn't been proven to be true or has even a slight chance to be false.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
  • I believe their fake mainly because of Mijumaru's final evo it looks nothing like its so called previous form there seems like there would be something in between.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I don't feel good about these starter evolutions, especially Mijumaru's mid-evolution. The color seems like last minute choices and clash. And I don't see Pokabu's evo's being on two feet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To me, it seems more like... they're putting them up due to the "source" and also because they don't want to not include something that could possibly be real. Tbh, I think everyone hopes they're fake. :(

Years
  • To me, it seems more like... they're putting them up due to the "source" and also because they don't want to not include something that could possibly be real. Tbh, I think everyone hopes they're fake. :(
    Some actually do hope they are real...but they aren't that many in PC (I am not sure if I want them to be fake or not...either way I win :P)
    Well I we only have a few more days until they come out...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I don't feel good about these starter evolutions, especially Mijumaru's mid-evolution. The color seems like last minute choices and clash. [S-HIGHLIGHT]And I don't see Pokabu's evo's being on two feet.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I know, I wanted a fully quadrupedal, bulky Fire-starter. Something along the lines like this, with a bomb integrated with its design (disregard the Tsutarja and Mijumaru evos, which seem a bit goofy):
    Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

If the final result was a mix of the above and the design of Pokabu's rumored final evo, I might be satisfied. But please, no more Fire/Fighting starter Pokemon for a very long time. Fire/Dark is what I was hoping for as the typing of Pokabu's final stage...

Last edited:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • To me, it seems more like... they're putting them up due to the "source" and also because they don't want to not include something that could possibly be real. Tbh, I think everyone hopes they're fake. :(

I want to be fake because I know that Game Freak could do WAY better. Especially because they chose three animals with a lot of great potential.

There are a lot of things you could do with a fire pig. There are a lot of things you could do with a water otter. There are a lot of things you could do with a grass snake with limbs.

Years
  • I want to be fake because I know that Game Freak could do WAY better. Especially because they chose three animals with a lot of great potential.

There are a lot of things you could do with a fire pig. There are a lot of things you could do with a water otter. There are a lot of things you could do with a grass snake with limbs.
    But hey they had to make a choice and supposedly this is what they decided to go with out of all the possibilities they had...though I did and still want a fire boar with a bomb on it's tail...only more cooler than that one in the fan art...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I have no idea where the Rumor thread went so I will post this here.

From this link:
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version

I am John Glover. Obviously this is not my real name but it shared the initials of my real name if you wish to know.

It has come to my attention recently that the Starter Evolutions of Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru have made their appearance online and I can indeed confirm, despite the "proof" given against them, that they are indeed real, although they will look slightly different once you see their sprites due to the difference in poses and mediums. In fact, I am quite certain most people here will like them or, at least, find them tolerable to the best of their abilities.

Furthermore, I can also confirm that the rumored number of 156 new Pokemon is true and, in line with what Masuda has stated, they are all new Pokemon...there are no evolutions hidden away this time, all 156 are standalone from previous Pokemon. However, including Victini and Zorua/Zoroark, six of these are unable to be obtained via normal game play without the use of an event.

And now for new information I present to you the overall type count of the new Pokemon, including the Pokemon with multiple forms that have dynamic types...I don't count the type twice if the form has it in both instances, only if the form changed type.

Grass: 20
    Water: 26
    Fire: 17
    Electric: 11
    Psychic: 15
    Ice: 10
    Dragon: 12
    Dark: 15
    Normal: 22
    Fighting: 13
    Flying: 18
    Poison: 14
    Ground: 15
    Rock: 12
    Bug: 13
    Ghost: 10
    Steel: 11

Also, for proof, although it won't come till the end of the week, I can also give you the names of the Pokemon to be revealed by the end of this week in CoroCoro. They are Yanappu, Baoppu, Hiyappu, Emonga, Basurao, Tabunne, Darumakka, Shiidomi, Uzutako, Sebekuro, and Takuootu.

I emphasized the last 4 pokemon names because they were new to us. If anyone knows Japanese, please translate those names to the best of your abilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Years
  • I have no idea where the Rumor thread went so I will post this here.

From this link:
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/989552-pokemon-black-version

I emphasized the last 4 pokemon names because they were new to us. If anyone knows Japanese, please translate those names to the best of your abilities.
    The rumor thread was locked...
    All standalone pokemon...that can't be as that would mean that Luvdisc doesn't evolve into that "Nursing Pokemon" :(

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

• The rumor thread was locked...
    All standalone pokemon...that can't be as that would mean that Luvdisc doesn't evolve into that "Nursing Pokemon" :(

Yep thats right.

Im sad the rumor thread is locked. It had great speculation and it helped me gain like 400 posts.

Also keep in mind that number count includes double typed pokemon.

Back