• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underground music?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    A lot of the artists that are considered to be underground artists under the genre of Alternative and Indie are becoming increasingly popular and their songs are being used in many things, ranging from television ads to movies.

Would you consider underground alternative music as a whole to be becoming increasingly mainstream?

Years
  • The whole underground scene really annoys me. It's filled with people who listen to music because it's not well known, not because it's good or bad. I don't know any underground bands myself.

But if you mean just lesser known bands, then them getting more media attention is fine by me - I don't mind at all. As long as they don't change their sound in order to be more mainstream (like Kings of Leon probably did, for example) I'm all for them becoming well known. Good for them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    A lot of the artists that are considered to be underground artists under the genre of Alternative and Indie
    Alternative what? Rock, metal, hip-hop? Also, indie is short for independant btw, it just means the artists aren't signed to a major label. It could be a number of different genres.
    are becoming increasingly popular and their songs are being used in many things, ranging from television ads to movies.
    I havn't noticed this. Could you give any examples? Most TV ads I see use pop songs. Maybe I'm watching the wrong channels...
    Would you consider underground alternative music as a whole to be becoming increasingly mainstream?
    These days I don't think there's any obvious underground music subculture, there are so many artists out there now spanning so many different genres that it becomes hard to define what is classed as 'underground'. Unless you count the Juggalos.

Ayselipera

I have noticed and I don't really like it.

The thing is I really like listening to bands that aren't that popular and its really annoying when suddenly they're discovered and then EVERYONE is a fan of them. It just ruins my love for them. :(

Hahaha sorry Eliminator Jr.

HomicideCrunkMan

You just lost the game.
    Years
  • I am underground and I just got signed to an (indie) record label.
    Pigeon Pop Records
    You will see me on their top friends
    I am **** yeah magikarp, a nintendocore artist

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • The whole underground scene really annoys me. It's filled with people who listen to music because it's not well known, not because it's good or bad. I don't know any underground bands myself.

Agreed, although I don't think it's underground/indie music's fault. I love a lot of bands that a lot of people probably haven't heard of, but I hate it when hipsters listen to bands no one has heard of just to be cool. Goddamn hipsters, they ruin everything. >_<

They infest my school. >_>

Back