• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underground Tuesdays #3: Grizfolk (Grizfolk, Gunshow Comics, Ultimate Anime Hero) [Daily Bloggity Entry #25]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • picture.php

Date: 18 March 2014
    Time: 7:38 AM ET
    Mood: It's waaaay to early.

Underground Tuesdays is a new series in the Daily Bloggity that looks at bands that aren't that popular and showcases their music. Continue reading to read my thoughts on the album or EP. This will be a weekly series in the Daily Bloggity that will appear every Tuesday at 5PM ET.

Grizfolk - Hymnals

Grizfolk, formed by a trio of dudes and stationed in Los Angelos, California, is an indie rock band that is starting to make strides in the Americas. The band consists of five members total: the founders Adam Roth, Sebastian Fritz, and Fredrick Erikkson, as well as Brendan Willing James and Bill Delia. Roth, the frontman of the group, formed the band by aquiring Swedish artists Sebastian Fritz and Fredrick Erikkso, and together formed Grizfolk. They later recruited the other two members of the band and have never looked back. For today's underground band, we are going to look at Grizfolk's "From The Spark."

Daily Music - "The Struggle" by Grizfolk
    Spoiler:
    Frontman Adam Roth explains there origins through this quote: "This whole thing started in living rooms and bedrooms. Even now when we're working with some cool people, the end result still comes from those places where we're comfortable. It's a collaborative effort. Sebastian and Fredrick are talented at programming, and they're great musicians and they come up with great melodies. I play too, but I'm more of a lyricist than anything else. When we combine our two worlds - they come from Swedish electro-pop background, and I come from the south with an Americana influence - it turns out sounding like Grizfolk. The process is a lot of experimentation on our laptops and recording in different places. A lot of these songs come from a lot of demos and a lot of that experimenting creating sounds that aren't being used right now. We try and find different pieces of equipment that aren't heavily used at the moment too."

Daily Comic - "My Robo-Girfriend" by KC Green of Gunshow Comics
    Spoiler:
    And as such, they sucessfully do so, especially in there song, The Struggle. Combining synthesizers with a clangy guitar song, they produce an original song that is perfect for any car ride. However, if you're looking for something more face-paced, look no further then their song Hymnals. This being my favorite song on the EP, Hymnals has a very drum driven rhythm to it. The small chimes of the piano though are what I think really makes the song click, as altogther the song reminds of something familiar to the band Walk the Moon. Waiting For You, the third song on the EP, is a melancholous song transformed into a hard beating drum song; it has a very country swing to it, but they add their own flare to it by making it almost into an anthem. Lyrically, Waiting For You is the best song on the EP.

Daily Video - "Ultimate Anime Hero" by Animation Domination High-Def
    Spoiler:
    Grizfolk definitely has a lot of potential. Their starting off as an opener band, but they've already been noticed by great popular bands like Bastille, which will only further their cause in making themselves more known. I personally had the chance to see them open for Bastille and I can honestly say that they were one of the best opening bands that I've ever seen. They definitely have a lot of untapped potential, which only makes me more curious as to see what more they have in store.

Grizfolk's LP From The Spark is now available on iTunes for $2.76 and are currently touring with Bastille as their opener.

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

Back