• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underground Tuesdays #6: Lindsey Stirling (Lindsey Stirling, Dorkly, Doc Brown vs Doctor Who) [Daily Bloggity Entry #46]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • xhZm8Md.png

Date: 08 April 2014
    Time: 3:36 pM ET
    Mood: Tired

Underground Tuesdays is a series in the Daily Bloggity that looks at bands that aren't that popular and showcases their music. Continue reading to read my thoughts on the album or EP. This will be a weekly series in the Daily Bloggity that will appear every Tuesday at 5PM ET.

Moon Trance by Lindsey Stirling
    Spoiler:
    If you've never been a big fan of classical music, you will be after listening to the magnificant and elegant Lindsey Stirling. Raised in Gilbert, Arizona, this violinist combines classical music with amazing dance moves, combining into a display of sheer awesomeness. In 2010 she first came into the spotlight thanks to the TV show America's Got Talent, making it all the way to the quarter finals until she was swiftly eliminated due the judges believing that her material gets old really fast. However, staying true to herself, Lindsey has proven to become quite a popular Youtube sensation over the last few years and has successfully been able to produce an album as well as go on a world wide tour.

Daily Music - "Spontaneous Me" by Lindsey Stirling
    Spoiler:
    Lindsey Stirling has been able to capitalize on her success do in part of her connection with her fans. She is very open to what kind of music she should make an arrangement/dance too, and thus has sparked a fury of music videos that have come out in the last few years, including but not limited too a Legend of Zelda Medley, an ode to Skyrim, the theme of the hit show Game of Thrones, the Pokemon Theme Song, the Halo Theme, and many, many more. As well as this, through her Youtube success she has been able to collaborate with artists such as John Legend, Pentatonix, and most recently Owl City. This open mindedness proves how her abilities has no restraints and how there are no bounds to where she can stretch her talents to next. Besides this though, it's not only her talents on the instrument that hauls in the viewers but rather her versatility and flexibility in being able to dance while performing. Defined as a "hip hop violinist," many of her videos encompass uniquely impressive dance numbers which will only make you question how the heck she can move that way.

Daily Comic - "The Ages of Multiplayer" by Steve Napierski of Dorkly
    Spoiler:

Thankfully, I have had the pleasure of seeing her perform live twice. Even better, I actually had obtained a VIP pass to meet her in person (as you could have probably seen in the picture in the spoiler at the top of this page) and ask her a few questions. She's honestly one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and is very humble with her work. When I asked her about her time on America's Got Talent she told me about how you shouldn't let other people let them decide who you are, but rather that you should follow your own beaten path - which is something I 100% agree with. And the best thing about her? She's absolutely incredible live. All the hype you get from watching her Youtube videos is lived up to and more, as the quality of the sounds coming out of her violin is pure heaven, and she is able to put on a show for 1 1/2 - 2 hours continuously. And for $20? A pure steal if you ask me.

Daily Video - "Epic Rap Battles of History - Doc Brown vs Doctor Who" by ERB
    Spoiler:
    It's hard to pick a favorite song - as they're all so good - but if I did it would have to be a three way tie between Moon Trance, Zi-Zi's Journey, and Spontaneous Me - all original songs by this amazing violinist. After completing her second tour, she is actually hard on work on her second album, Shatter Me, which should be coming out at some point later this year. She has actually been a huge inspiration to me when it comes to possibly picking up a violin and learning how to play myself.

Have you ever heard of Lindsey Stirling before? If so, what's your favorite song by her? Are you as excited as I am about her new album? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you about this topic!

Lindsey Stirling's debut album Lindsey Stirling is currently available on iTunes for $9.99 and Shatter Me is expected to come out August 29th, 2014 for $9.99

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

Back