• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
  • I got another to add, I just fell in love with Malamar. While it lacks resistance to much, it also only has two weaknesses and one is a rarely used move type. Set it up with infiltrator, then hypnosis and three damage moves, give it a zoom lens ... team it up with a Talonflame and it's almost unstoppable.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    My usually just go with my favorites and those tend to be under used. Back in the day, that would be considered my Blaziken that Ive transferred and had for a very long time....Now I guess he doesnt count anymore because of the speed boost ability everyone has now lol.

im thinking that ill be making pikachu, abomasnow, and blastoise some of my new pokemon to to use in battle.

Years
  • -Guys I wish I could find value in training

Back in the day, my favorite pyschic type in Red and Blue was actually Hypno.. because he wasn't frail as hell like Alakazam, wasn't a game breaker like Mewtwo etc. I would love to rekindle this guy and put him on a team someplace, but I just see no purpose in going through the effort when his stats are distributed in such an odd way. He's literally all special defense without any recovery or decent HP stat to tank with.

Kingler kind of falls under the same category. I loved this guy way back in the day, but he really doesn't have much in the way of moves to utilize that insane attack stat of his.. he's built like a sweeper, but he lacks the actual speed/priority to pull it off. Could probably set him up with trick room, but it seems more like something you would do for lulz rather than a serious fight.

-Guys that I actually plan to use that aren't considered "good"

Zangoose, Clefable, Gardevior, Cofagrigus, Cacturne, Ludicolo

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • I'm taken to Kecleon, Crobat, Forretress & Tauros. I wouldn't claim that they are exactly the best pokes to use but I guess it depends how you use them!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    i really enjoy using Pikachu and Gallade in this playthrough of the game. I would say they are underrated because usually it seems like people evolve pikachu quickly to get the better stats, but mine is at level 45 and i love him, and Gallade is just all around a beast, and i have always wanted to play with one but never had the opportunity, and you don't see many people using one so i count it as underrated.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    I really like my Sylveon. I have a sub - toxic set and an offensive calm mind set both of which kick some ass on the right team. I rock my Garchomp hard as my physical sweeper and Sylveon is a great check to it's counters. It's still unclear the impact Fairy type is going to have on the metagame, but so far Sylveon looks to finally bring some relevance to the Eeveelution family.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I haven't been keeping up with any discussion about mega Pokemon, so I don't know if this is an unpopular mega form, but I use MPinsir as my mega Pokemon. It's got some pretty sweet stats, Swords Dance, and a STAB priority.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I haven't been keeping up with any discussion about mega Pokemon, so I don't know if this is an unpopular mega form, but I use MPinsir as my mega Pokemon. It's got some pretty sweet stats, Swords Dance, and a STAB priority.

I like mega Pinsir, was considering breeding a battle ready one soon.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Talonflame with gale wings. Talonflame is pretty weak in battle, it's stats are low except for speed, and a trick room could render them useless in most situations, unless they have gale wings and are strong to the opposing pokemon.

I don't think a Pokemon 60% of the players use is considered underrated.

Eviolite Swirlix can take hits like a boss, after a couple Cotton Guards Physical attackers get ruined by him. Calm Mind can also really help boosting Draining Kiss and Special Defense but it removes Flamethrower as a back up move.

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • I love Garbodor to death, it's just so chubby and derpy and huggable, but its criminally low Special Attack leaves it with few options on a practical level, so I generally have to leave Garbodorable out of online battling...

This is also the first game in which I've actually caught and trained a Zubat, and this Crobat is way worth it! Fairy-Types' weakness to Poison-Types makes Superbruce pragmatically viable to boot, without Garbodorable's stat drawbacks!

Boulderberry, my Sudowoodo, has proven himself to be a cornerstone of my team in battle (Sturdy + Counter = goodbye to like everything ever and I can also pretend I know something about tactics) and just in general because aaah it's so cute I love it

I find underrated Pokémon to be a lot more fun to train. Maybe it's an underdog thing, or maybe it's just because they're much more... Exotic so to speak, they have an interesting streak!

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • This kind of post saddens me a bit. The stats are not the only part of the pokemon's capabilities. Combine the correct ability and moves and those with lower stats can dominate a battle, like Talonflame for example, since I have already shown how it can dominate. Talonflame has low stat values all around, except speed. I have seen a Talonflame almost sweep a battle because of the ability and moves, stats had no role in the battle, it was trainer and pokemon that did it all. Also, really good strategy breaking moves like trick room are only available on pokemon with low stats, and trick room can devastate a team if unprepared for it. That is why they are called "underrated" and not "unpopular."

Talonflame's been pretty popular with Gale Wings actually. I've got one myself, IV bred and it hits like a truck. I use Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, U-Turn and Roost (I just kinda filled the last slot). I nicknamed it Kamakazi because of the heavy recoil on it's moves, Lol.

I'm taken to Kecleon, Crobat, Forretress & Tauros. I wouldn't claim that they are exactly the best pokes to use but I guess it depends how you use them!

Both Crobat and Forretress can be AMAZING when used correctly. Forretress is a great Defensive Hazard Setup Pokemon: He learns Spikes, Toxic Spikes AND Stealth Rocks, and to top it all off he also get RAPID SPIN. He is the ultimate pokemon for hazard control IMO. If you build a team around hazard abuse he's pretty scary effective.

Absol is one of my favorite pokemon ever in existence, so now that he's got a Mega i'll be using him VERY soon. I always felt sad when reminded that he was sub-par and fragile, and anything he could do Weavile was better at.

BUT NO MORE. >;C

Last edited:

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Both Crobat and Forretress can be AMAZING when used correctly. Forretress is a great Defensive Hazard Setup Pokemon: He learns Spikes, Toxic Spikes AND Stealth Rocks, and to top it all off he also get RAPID SPIN. He is the ultimate pokemon for hazard control IMO. If you build a team around hazard abuse he's pretty scary effective.

With my Forretress, I pair it with Gardevoir and Umbreon for a trickroom in triple battles. Use Guard Swap from Umbreon to Forretress to give him the Sp. Defense then the madness ensues. :)

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • I actually use an under-rated Pokemon myself, lmao. Not many people use empolean but I don't understand why, it is a good tank, depending on how you build it.

Years
  • Don't know how underrated they are, but I have an Azumarill, Noivern, and Galvantula in my team that kick some severe ass :P Thinking about training a Kangaskhan or another underrated Mega for my sixth slot.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

Furfrou he is a beast! He is one of my favs this gen.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I took a liking to Glalie, so threw him on my team as a suicide lead. Currently running it with max EVs in Attack and Speed, Naive nature and the moves Explosion, Sheer Cold, Spikes and Taunt, as well as making it hold a Focus Sash. It's not the best strategy, and I'm not exactly being strategic running a Glalie at all, but I really like the look of Glalie (I love Ice-type Pokemon <3) and the reaction of people when they have a Glalie explode in their faces and taking out their leads is priceless.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • Klefki served me well in X. I used Super Training to max it's Special Attack and Speed, I had Dazzling Gleam, Fairy Lock, Flash Cannon and Foul Play on it's move set. Worked well in-game, surprising.

Back