• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Undiscovered Legends (IC)

Oranje

Go Arsenal
Years
  • Undiscovered Legends
    An Adventure Pokemon Roleplay

Undiscovered Legends (IC)

Plot:
    The ancient civilizations of the pokemon world worshipped legendary beings since the creation. They believed that these creatures were responsible for life, death, and peace. As time wore on, the human heart began to surrender to corruption. Tribes waged war on one another. Soon, even their legendary protectors became ensnared in the conflict. There came a time in which war waged so vigorously that the world itself fell on its knees. In order to avoid the destruction of the earth, the tribes were able to put the legendaries into a deep slumber.They hid the legendary pokemon and covered all traces of their existence.

In the modern era the world has forgotten its roots. Pokemon that were once worshiped fell from reality to folklore. Centuries later only whispers of their existence still graced the earth. Labeled as 'Legendary' pokemon, very few believed that they were still breathing. Many people had claimed to have seen these legends, but these claims were quickly disposed of by the public. Legendary pokemon to most of the population were as likely to exist as extraterrestrial life forms. Anyone who acknowledged their existence was labeled a lunatic.

No matter how unlikely they seemed to society, there was evidence. The world was too focused on their skyscrapers, smart phones, and televisions to realize it. However, not all were blinded by society. Motivated by greed and power, these investors began excavating for clues. The legendary pokemon were shrouded in civilizations long past, ancient ruins, prophecies, and riddles. Locating the pokemon would be near impossible, but two men established themselves above the rest. Roman Abramavic and Raaj Nasser were both racing to secure the legendaries before the other.

Roman Abramavic was at the top. He owned two of the largest oil companies in the world. One off the shores of Kanto and the other in Johto. The entrepreneur was unarguably one of the richest men in the world. His success in the business world did little to fulfill his thirst for power. He craved the abilities of the legendaries. He would do anything to obtain them. After years of searching, he was coming close. It was time to set into motion his final plan. He would recruit top trainers that had experience in both battle and survival. It would be a very dangerous task that would require a great team of trainers if he had any hope of success.

Your Character:

You will play an advanced trainer both in skill and fame. Your motivation may vary, but you are being hired by Abramavic to do highly dangerous missions nonetheless. It is your job to find, subdue, and catch these legendary pokemon. You will need to uncover hidden relics, solve forgotten prophecies, and catch legendary pokemon.

Abramavic is offering millions of dollars for your service. Will you accept his offer?

Setting:
    This roleplay takes place all over the modern pokemon world. We will exploring ancient temples, jungles, and many other exotic locations.

Sign-Up (Look at mine for reference.)

Name:
    Sex:

Appearance: (Several well constructed paragraphs.)

Personality: (Several well constructed paragraphs.)

History: (I do not expect you to reveal everything about your character. You need to save some hidden so you can reveal it in your posts. However, a big part of this would be your character's credentials. Why is Abramavic offering you the job?! How many gym badges have you obtained? Stuff like that. Make sure you still include the bare bones of you character. We need to know enough so that we can see your character's motivation. You also need to explain why your character is one of the best in the world.)

Pokemon: (Write a little about them. For example, their personality, role on your team, and history.)

Other Info: (Anything you wanna add)

RP Sample:

Rules:

1) Rated M
    2) No Bunnying or Godmoding. Obviously if you have permission it is okay but avoid it as much as you can.
    3) Be respectful to one another.
    4)All Pokecommuntity rules apply.
    5) Be active.
    6) Keep everything reasonable and realistic.
    7) Write with good grammar and make your post quality. Posts should consist of writing that includes several well constructed, planned paragraphs.
    8) Have fun?

Accepted Members:

1) Oranje - Kaylee Gourcuff

2) First Snow - Alex Tran

3) Fuyu - Nikolai Darius

4) Turkish Delight - Edward Chapman

5) Searn - Lynette DePouilles

6)

Little Talks

It was a humid, autumn morning in Celadon. The sun seemed to have risen far too early and Kaylee's alarm sounded with ungodly obnoxiousness. The trainer's head rung with rigid pain as she shut the clock off. She sat up, a rush of nausea flooded her throat. Holding it in, Kaylee made her way to the bathroom. Puking into the toilet, she felt relief surge through her body. Her head was free of a fever, but a cold shower was completely necessary. It was obvious to the twenty-two year old that she had participated in too many recreational activities the night before. After caking her face in make up and fixing her hair, the presentable female made her way out of the large apartment and onto the city streets.

It was a quiet Sunday morning. Few awoke as early as Kaylee and the streets were predictably vacant. Even if she had a little too much to drink the night before, she would never miss her early morning breakfast. The famous figure made her way into her usual local spot. She had gone here since she was a kid.

"Miss Gourcuff, it is nice to see you," the teenage waitress had been standing next to the door as if she had been waiting for celebrity.

"As it is you Catherine," Kaylee's words put a grin on the employee. The two had been on a first name basis for years. Kaylee sat down at the appropriate table with the day's newspaper and a cup of coffee.

Her peaceful Sunday morning routine was shattered by a familiar visitor, "That was an impressive victory yesterday." It was an experienced, deep voice. Kaylee glanced up at the familiar tone.

"What brings you to Celadon Mr. Walcott? Business with my father?" The trainer seemed somewhat surprised by her visitor.

"I thought I would find you here, actually. My business, however, is not with your father," his demeanor remained cool. Walcott's gray hair showed his age. He had to be at least fifty, but his body still remained cut and trained.

"I am sorry, I cannot help you. I have very little understanding of the inner workings of international business and investments," Kaylee knew where this conversation was heading. She was quick and became uninterested. Her blurred eyes returned to her newspaper.

"I have not come to for stock advice. I actually have come to offer you a chance to-" he was interrupted midsentence.

"-poach pokemon?" Kaylee sounded annoyed. The waitress returned with Kaylee's omelet and toast. She took Walcott's order much to the annoyance of Kaylee.

Walcott decided to change the subject, "That was quite the victory yesterday. You not only defeated but sweeped Jacobson?"

The compliment deceived Kayle. She was often a fool for flattery, "Yes, Blastoise never seems to lose. I am a little disappointed in Weavile. He was more than sloppy. He just got straight-up lucky."

"I've never seen a pokemon improvise so well on the spot!" The man laughed quite loudly. Kaylee put her hand to her head. He was loud and it didn't help her drugged brain. "Wait, let me see your eyes," Kaylee reluctantly looked up. "Ahhaha! Did you celebrate a little too much last night lass? You hungover?" Kaylee smiled half-heartedly at the family friend. "It is weird to think about you drinking! I knew you when you were just a wee little thing."

"I know."

"I thought you would give it up after the incident," the man said judgmentally.

Kaylee was insulted but hid it, "What incident?"

Walcott responded with a laugh, "Are you still denying what happened?! Come on. Even the media knows the last time you were drunk you evolved Vulpix!" The trainer's stomach twisted. An awkward silence followed. "How is that these days," his voice turned from a playful jest to completely serious.

"The same it's been for years. She won't even talk to me. No. In fact, Ninetales will hardly even acknowledge me. I really screwed up. It's been years since my little Nina would look at me," tears welled up in the trainer's eyes. She fought them back. It was easy for her to open up to Walcott. He was one of the few people on the planet she felt vulnerable around.

"I know. Your dad told me a few weeks ago. I think I have a solution for you," Kaylee buried her hands into her knees at Walcott's words.

"There's nothing. I've tried everything. I let her do what she wants! She still won't forgive me! When she battles, she just does what she wants." A tear ran down her cheek. It was uncharacteristic for her to cry, however, it wasn't the first time Walcott had seen it.

"Well, you must have done something right. If she battles like that on her own, you must have taught her well years ago. The strategy is pretty much the same. Listen to my idea," the man grabbed the girl's hand. Her watery eyes locked with his. "Come with me. I have a client; his name is Abramavic. He has hired me to retrieve some artifacts. It would be good for you and Ninetales to stop battling on the field and with each other. I think it would be beneficial for you guys to journey a bit. What do you think?" Kaylee remained silent. "These are not pushover assignments either."

"Abramavic? Like the oil tycoon?" Kaylee asked; Walcott nodded. "I wouldn't mind traveling some more. Why do you need me?"

"Abramavic hired me to set up an adequate team to retrieve some very important relics. He mentioned your name and several other great trainers," the man's face was cool as stone.

"He mentioned my name?" She sniffled wiping the tears away.

"You are no doubt a great trainer. The man practically owns both Kanto and Johto. Of course you were on his list. Your name is all over the place here!"

"Why does he want these relics," Kaylee was becoming a bit more interested. She always enjoyed traveling but she hadn't even been off one continent.

There was a pause in conversation. After a minute in thought Walcott continued, "You are going to think I am crazy."

"I can't think of you anymore crazy than I already do," Kaylee smiled, her tears were now completely forgotten.

"He is after the three legendary birds of Kanto," a long pause followed the hushed sentence.

Kaylee started laughing, "Surely you cannot be serious!"

"I am."

Kaylee continued to chuckle until she realized he was kidding, "Why don't we just fly my Dragonite to the moon and bring back an alien!"

"Kaylee!" He was mad. "Listen to me. I am serious."

"I am sorry but everyone knows science has proven those completely fake! They are frauds! Legends! Myths! Folklore! I believe in those creatures as much as I believe in Old Saint Nick."

"Kaylee Marie! Listen to me," he had her half attention. "I have seen things with my own eyes that I thought were impossible. Abramavic has spent years finding evidence and clues and its led us to one spot. All rumors lead to the tallest mountain in the Snowpoint Mountain Range.

"Preacher's Peak? In Sinnoh? That doesn't even make sense! Articuno is supposed to be a bird in Kanto. Some facts you have." The trainer sneered.

"We have discovered a hidden passage way into Preacher's Peak. If I am correct, it will have another clue to locate the ice bird. We are gathering a team of trainers to go into it and find evidence. I want you to go."

Kaylee was skeptical. She wanted to believe it was true. It would be a discovery beyond all comparison. However, it seemed unlikely. Everything modern science had proven the past year denied their existence. If they were real, the world would be turned upside down. "How much is he paying?"

"Millions. You bring him what he wants and you will never have to worry about money. You will be able to buy whatever designer clothes you want!" He smiled. He knew he had landed his prey.

"How do I know I will get paid?" Kaylee questioned interested. The answer came not in words but in paper.

Walcott placed a check on the table, "$600,000 dollars up front. Count it as a signing bonus." Kaylee had seen that amount of money before. In fact, she had won those kinds of figures on a few occasions. However, there was something to be said about having a steady income. She wouldn't be dependent on sponsors or prize money. She could be just like her father. She would have a steady income and still get the advantages of adventure. "I put this into your company account the second you accept."

"I am in. When do I start?" Kaylee accepted the deal with excitement.

"Your flight takes off in four hours. There is a limo outside waiting to take you to the airport. Go home and pack for the cold. Be quick."

"What about you?" Kaylee didn't want to travel alone.

"I have other trainers to recruit. You won't be the only one," he smiled and began to sip his coffee. His recruit stood completely stunned. Last night she was celebrating her latest victory, but now the girl was heading to Snowpoint City.

"See you in Snowpoint," Kaylee left money on the table and continued to the street. She ignored the limo; the trainer wanted one last walk through the streets of Celadon.

It was a cool fall day. The trees fashioned themselves in a collection of colors. The orange and yellow shrubbery decorated the path through towering skyscrapers. People were finally awake and moving through the streets. Even on a late Sunday morning Celadon was bustling. Ever since Kaylee was child she had walked these streets. Celadon was the only place that felt like home.

Kaylee let herself into her midsized apartment. She smiled as she began to think of the places she would be able to afford soon. The trainer moved quietly to her closet. It was large and cluttered with clothes she often only wore once. Kaylee removed the articles adorning her body and began putting on a outfit that she would travel in. Her choice was skinny, yellow pants. They fit her like a glove and were often her choice when she was training. On top she selected a striped jacket that ran to just above her wrists. It was colored with a faded navy and white. Little red stripes could also be seen in between the alternating navy and white bars.

Across the closet was her trainer's belt. She began looping the white leather through the loops of her pants. It was a nostalgic feeling. It had been several years since she had worn the accessory. She returned to the closet and removed a royal blue handbag. She threw some other expensive outfits into a backpack and continued out to her bedroom. She opened her bedside table and removed all five pokeballs. She clipped them onto her belt and continued back outside.

The limo had followed her to the dwelling. A man dressed in a suit and black cap got out and opened the door for her. Her head was still pounding from the night before. The man returned to the driver's seat and the automobile raced off toward the unknown.

The balls resting on her belt became restless. They sensed something major happening and knew that they would no longer be in Celadon when they were released. Kaylee had not really asked for their consent. Nor did she believe she needed to. They were her pokemon. She could do with them whatever she wanted with them. What seemed like only a few moments was closer to a few hours. The man opened the door again.

"Miss Gourcuff, your plane awaits." Kaylee didn't respond. She found herself on a small airport runway.

"Where am I?" Kaylee questioned the man.

He responded with a smile, "You are at Abramavic's private airport. You didn't think you would be flying on public transport did you? Your jet is right over there. It will leave shortly." The man laughed.

Kaylee looked over. The 'jet' looked more like a space plane. It was obviously top the line. "I think I am going to love this job," the trainer muttered under her breath. She entered and ignored several figures already inside. She was heading straight for the bar. One more drink wouldn't hurt.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • James Riverstone
    #1 - The Offer

"Now Aggron, lets finish things off!" I yelled to Aggron.

Aggron's steely claws extended rapidly, scythes of pure, sharp metal now protruding from it's stumpy hands. The heavy giant thumped quickly toward its opponent, until finally slicing the challenger's Marowak. At the corner of my eye I could see an unfamilar figure enter the viewing box high above the side of the battlefield where normal trainers would usually observe my battles. Turning my head slightly to obtain clear view, I came to realise that this unknown person was a beefy, tall man wearing a suit. He must be here on business, dressed like that, I thought. I don't usually get individuals in such attire in here, I mostly see trainers dressed in the new and hip clothes of today, more than one of them wearing clothes that reveal to much flesh for my tastes.

With a quick twist of my head, I returned my attention to the battle at hand. The Marowak fell to the ground, exhausted and in pain before falling unconcious.

The referee's montonous voice echoed through my vast battle facility, "The battle between Frontier Leader James and the Challenger Mindy has concluded. Marowak, is unable to battle! Therefore, Aggron wins, and Frontier Leader James is declared the winner!"

A flood of relief stormed throughout my body, my spine chilled from hearing such words. I glanced up at Mindy, my opponent, her facial expression exemplifying a devastated state. I slowly approached her, Aggron thumping slowly behind me.

"Nice work there," I said softly, "You nearly had me there with your bone rush deflection."

She looked up slowly. Trying to hide her tears she swiped her eye quickly, and raised her head to speak, "Well, it wasn't enough, I better get back to training." She replied, almost choking on her sadness.

I extended by hand, it was only out of good sportsmanship that I should do so. Her soft silk like skin of her hand grasped mine firmly, our eyes met for a breif couple of seconds before nodding out heads.

Subtracting her arm from mine, she dashed off toward the exit, snatching up her pokeballs and her bag. Her shining brown hair swinging to and fro, from left to right like a horses tail as she made her way out.

"Hmmmph." I sigh out of exhaustionm before turning to Aggron, as beefy and strong as ever.

"Nice work, that Marowak was no match for you was it?
    I asked, proceeding to pat it's sleek steel head.

Aggron groaned in relief, he always liked me rubbing there, you could say that was his weak spot.

"Now, time to take a rest." I said quietly and out of breath.

I reached for Aggron's pokeball, clicking it out of it's place and returning Aggron to it's ball in a flash of red light.

I reattach Aggron to my belt and begin to walk into the changing rooms to take a shower. I've gotten more sweaty than I've realised, not to mention how stinky. Before I do however, I'm interrupted by Mason my referee and best friend.

"James, James," he puffed, running up to me, nearly tripping over his own two feet.

"Woah, haha, careful, you'll trip." I say, giggling.

"There is someone here to see you," he said. "He's not in the most casual attire, but he's nice nonetheless."

"Aaah, I see." I say, "I'll just have a shower and I'll be right over!"

My dreams of imersing myself into the warm and cleansing water of the changeroom showers was thwarted as Mason replied.

"Oh no, he said it's quite urgent, and that he's got an offer to make."

"An offer?" I ask curious.

Intruiged by this sudden visit and this mystery offer I deicded to take mason's words and visit the man in the viewing box. I twist the doorknob slowly and somewhat hesitantly. Even in my own domain, I'm a little nervous at this new visitor. As I open the door, the man turns around quickly, his gaze centered on me and no longer on the battle between two my regulars. I focussed my eyes into his, waiting anxiously for his first words.

"Well, well, well," he repeated. "You're quite the battler aren't you?" His musky, deep voice the only sound that I can seem to hear besides my busy-beating heart.

Taken aback by this compliment, I stutter back, "Uh w-well thanks, I suppose."

"You suppose?" he chuckles, "You're brilliant, your technique is superb, your strategies are complex and the unison between you and your pokemon is near perfection. I'm not surprised you're on my boss' list."

Ignoring the extra compliments, I ponder on his words. "Boss' list?"

"What list?" I ask sharply.

"A list I was given by my boss of the top trainers around the globe, a list of trainers who are crucial to his plans, a list of trainers who are offered the chance to catch legendary Pokemon."

"What!" I raise my voice in disbelief.

"Don't be stupid, legendary pokemon are just that; that of legends!" I now somewhat yell.

I'm angered by his statement.

"You sure? Have you even seen a Legendary Pokemon?"

Feeling defeated I whisper, "Well no..."

"Then how can you say such things? How can you deny what you do not know?" The man's voice now adopting the tone of mine only several minutes ago.

Increasingly angered I snap, "Well have you seen a legendary Pokemon? Why are you believing things that you do not know yourself?"

"That's not entriely true." The man said slowly, his voice now returning to a moderate volume. "Have you ever been told stories of these legendary Pokemon when you were young? Were you told of their amazing powers, their dumfounding abilities? I'm sure if you have, you will be able to see that everything we interact with in life, everything that exists as life, is due to these Pokemon. Questions that even the most advanced technology and scientific brains cannot determine the cause for.

"Well yes.." I begin to think. "My Grandpa used to tell me stories of such legendary Pokemon, their amazing powers of healing and destruction, their crucial presence into keeping the world of Pokemon and humans in peace and balanced. When grandpa passed, I never heard those tales again, I'd ask my father but he'd always punish me for mentioning the topic."

"Why did you think your father punished you? Why would he deny his own father's 'tales'? Don't you see, these Pokemon do exists, it's just that over the decades society's recognition of these brilliant pokemon has tarnished, and these legends now, just known as tales and folklore." The man explained.

"Well if what you're saying is true, what will this offer include? What will it entail, what will I gain from this?" I ask. "You do know I do have responsibitlites, such as running the place we're standing in right now, my battle facility."

"I understand." He replied concisely. "Some of those questions I cannot answer, but perhaps a downpayment of $600,000 will help ease your eagerness for an answer."

"Humph, fine." I say, somewhat irritated by his ambiguousness.

"When do I start?"

"As soon as possible."

"Meaning?"

"You've got one hour, one hour to organise your clothing and your responsibilities."

"Only one hour?" I reply, shocked by such little time.

"Yes, one hour." he says. He then proceeds to gaze into my eyes, his body now one inch away from mine, his face crouched down in front of mine. "Trust me," he says, his musky voice penatraiting my skull, bouncing within the insides of my brain, "This mission, is a mission you will never forget."

"I'm in." I reply, hypnotised by his intense stare.

About and hour later, just like the secretive man asked, I was packed and organised. I wiggle uncomfortably, knowing that my family don't know of my current travel plans.

"Look after this place for me, Mason. I trust you'll do this place proud." I say turning around to face a best-friend I won't see for who knows how long.

"I will James! I'll be the best here and I'll do you proud!" he replied, his voice croaking.

I hug him and thump his back before picking up my suitcase and my coat, and entering the limousine and shooting off toward, what I was suspecting of an airport. My guess proves correct. I arrive at a bustling airport, but the limousine doesn't halt. It instead seems to take a back route around the airport, until we finally stop at my true destination.

"Here you go sir, the private jet lane." a gentlemanly voice eminated from the front of the vechile.

"Thankyou." I reply concisely, before hopping out.

The wind is vicious. With my hair ruffling I quickly make it onto what seems to be my intended jet. "I never knew I'd be flying privately, with attractive flight attendants, attending to yuor every need. I can picture the wine right now.. mmm.. I'm definitely not arguing." I think to myself, smiling. Toward the entrance of the jet, sits a groovy bar; even with it's first customer. A girl, a girl who looks already horribly wasted.

"Oh great," I sigh, "If this is the sort of people I'll be travelling with, help me."

I snap out of my split-second judgement and realise that I barely know her, in fact, I don't know anything about her, so it isn't and it never will be my place to judge her. I continue to walk, through the isles I slowly wander, until I find a seat that I like, right next to the heater.

"Aaaah" I sigh with relief, letting the warmth of the heater dispell the chill of outside's wind.

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    (Hope Nikolai doesn't seem godly here... it just feels like he would have already had an idea of the work going on here.)

Unwelcome

Alexander was not a morning person.

To be honest, he wasn't an any time of the day person until a cup of coffee or a cold shower. Nikolai knew that. He had been forced to memorize his "rival"'s schedule after about three subsequent days of dropping in on the guy. Naturally, that was why the white-haired teen was knocking on the guy's door at three in the morning. He knew the guy wouldn't be awake, a Pokemon would figure it out, and it'd be a nice surprise at dawn.

Thankfully, the one who found him standing in the cool Celestic air was the guy's Golduck. It didn't even look surprised as he smiled, the reflexive action earning a roll of the eyes. He scratched the back of his head in pretend sheepishness, letting Golduck close the door behind him. Nikolai shrugged and went inside, straight for the couch rather than the fridge, like most people. Nikolai knew anything Xander left in the fridge was best left alone unless known otherwise. Besides, it was three in the morning. He wanted to sleep more than annoy Xander, though both were fun. Flopping on the beaten couch, he collapsed into sleep without a second thought, even as Golduck gave him a glare.

He woke to a pair of blue eyes over his and chuckled warmly. "Like what you see Xander?" The male's left eye twitched and he placed a gentle fist on the young man's head. Nikolai swatted him away, smirking sweetly. "It is not my fault your couch is comfortable."

Alexander rolled his eyes and sat on the arm of his sofa. "If the paparazzi break my door down, I'm throwing you in first." The teasing was tinged with seriousness, smacking the white teen with a wooden spoon as he did so. Nikolai pouted ever so slightly before smirking again.

"Fair enough. I'll just tell them you're in the shower."

The Champion sputtered. "N-N-N-Not cool man."

"Nope," Nikolai agreed lazily, closing his eyes again. "But fair." He appeared to drift off to sleep again before his nose was smacked with the spoon. "What?" The sweetness flickered into dour irritation. "I was up decoding that tablet you found in the shrine. Please let sleep off my frustration."

"That's actually what I'm here to talk to you about," Xander sat down again, twirling his makeshift weapon with a sigh. "There's someone here to see you. It apparently has something to do with that." Alexander believed in the Pokemon legends as much as everyone else, which meant absolutely no faith. For a supposed watcher of the Celestic Town ruins and fresco, he was incredibly skeptical. Therefore he let Nikolai wander in and out of the ruins as he pleased, even though it got incredible disapproval. Nikolai never informed them he likely took better care of teir history than they did.

Nikolai sat up slowly, suspicion etching itself into each of his muscles. "Are you spreading my secrets to Hearthome Free Press again?" he asked carefully, prepared to knock the man over the head.

Alexander glowered. That was never happening again. Not after that three month scandal. Neh-ver. "No actually, the guy mentioned some guy named Rune and you're the only idiot in three hundred miles the media tried calling that." Nikolai grimaced and pulled himself from the sofa with a faint, irritable growl. Alexander shot his friend a sympathetic look. Nikolai admitted more than once that he would rather be forced to sit through a business meeting with drunken Pansage than deal with any of the media fanatics who looked up to Rune. They were worse than battle paparazzi and that took skill. "He's in the front room."

"Gotcha," grumbled the white-haired pretty boy, as Xander enjoyed referring to him as. His human speech quota was so dropping. He rose to his feet and went to meet whoever this bastard was, smiling as well as he could and yawning, the picture of young and semi-innocent. He opened one eye mid-yawn to examine the guest. Well-built, elderly, and intense. His clothing was immaculate, suit perfectly crisp. His expression was jovial but Nikolai knew it was for the sake of cordiality. He had learned something from people after all this time.

Nikolai finished his stretch and held out a hand, pretending like this was the best thing to ever grace his life. "Hello there," he chirped as sweet as could be, inwardly cringing. The man shook his hand casually, staring at him with a deep look that was likely trying to decipher his every minuscule movement. Yeah, the quota was dropping. "Sorry, but~" He let his lips fade into a small, cold grin, teeth flashing white. "I'm not publishing anything to do with the pen name Rune. The media followed me where it shouldn't have in that~" The little singsong tick was a casual tick of his, easier to keep people where they belonged; away from him.

The man waved a large hand, the friendliness slipping into businesslike shrewdness. He shook Nikolai's smaller one and laughed. "Oh really? That's quite a predicament."

"Sorry for your trouble sir," Nikolai lied, making sure to speak clearly, politely, and avoid mumbling. He could get away with avoiding the eyes. He wanted out; the back of his neck was prickling. Nikolai wanted nothing to do with Rune. He wasn't a celebrity; he was the scapegoat for a race of ignorant children to mock with skip ropes. He refused to go on a pedestal for some rich peon, which was what this felt like.

"Oh no... no..." He was given a look of polite dismay. "I am merely thinking this is going to be a little more complicated than I anticipated. You see I was sent here by Abramavic."

Nikolai would have simpered if he weren't frustrated, casually scratching the back of his semi-tan head. "What on earth would a business man, particularly one involved with fossil fuels, want with the myths?" This guy just wouldn't get off. And now that he mentioned the oil megamind, Nikolai was officially near hostility. He was no tree hugger but he would be disgracing his family if he helped a busybody rich guy disgrace the origins of the world by destroying the sacred places of legends.

The man shrugged. "Who can say what goes on in his head? He searched for many years and discovered something quite extraordinary."

Nikolai smirked and dropped the cheerful child look. "So he was the one who was messing around in the Snowpoint Mountain Range." The man's cheerful expression cracked with surprise and he smiled, blue eyes finally looking straight at the stranger. "Your man, client likely, is not particularly subtle." He narrowed his gaze and yawned, smirking coolly. "I was up there not too long ago, up until a few days ago truthfully. My friend found something so I took a break. Preacher's Peak right?"

"Has someone been spying?" the man asked, both playful and wary.

"No, just incredibly busy. My parents showed me that area of the mountains years ago. They said leave it be, so I have for the most part." He fixed the man with a glare. "I have an idea of what you intend to say next or originally planned to do. You are going to tell me all I have to do is uncover these legends, starting at that point, perhaps with a group, and retrieve artifacts. I'll be paid handsomely, enough to the point of where retirement would be possible in less than five years. Believe me you aren't the first person to beg my services,sir." Nikolai sneered the word casually.

"Norm'lly I wouldn' be int'rested." He let his words slur, dripping into the crass nature of an uncultured rat. "To be truthful, I ain't really. However..." Nikolai stepped away from the man with a casual sort of smile, leaving the rest of his sentence where it lay. "I'll give it a shot!" he chirped. "It could be fun, who knows?"

The man had not looked bothered by the rapid changes Nikolai had displayed, merely smiled. "Curiosity got your interest?"

"More like self-preservation," Nikolai replied sweetly. "Tell your boss I'll be at Snowpoint in a few hours, no ride." He held up a forestalling hand as he left. "I've walked those mountains longer than he's been working the oil sir. I'm aware of how cold it is." With that, Nikolai proceeded to disregard his boss' existence, shouting down the hall. "Xander I'm stealing your cold water!"

"You freeze I'm not taking you to the hospital!" the other male retorted from the living room. "You still don't have insurance!"

"It's not my fault I've never seen my birth certificate!"

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Edward Chapman
    Post One

Spoiler:

In an apartment in the heart of Lilycove city, a lone Pokémon trainer lay on his bed lost in thought. Light was beginning to invade the room through a gap left in the curtains. The male sighed before slowly sitting upright. He checked the time on his Pokégear, 7:04 AM it read. The boy was known as Edward Chapman, and he climbed out of his bed and began his morning routine. He made his way into the bathroom to brush his teeth, wash his face and brush his hair. Edward then entered his bedroom and began to get dressed, he pulled on his skinny black jeans, then followed up by pulling my plain grey t-shirt over my head. I followed up by slipping into my cobalt blue hoodie, zipping it up halfway. I then pulled my converse onto my feet before, lastly, I equipped my belt that matched colours with my hoodie to my jeans which I then attached the capsules of my six partners to. I then returned to the bathroom to fix my hair once more before heading out the door onto the city that neighboured the sea.
    The sea air immediately hit Edward, it was rather cool and refreshing. The sun was making its way upwards and emitted warm rays towards the city. There were seldom clouds that neighboured the sun, leaving blue as the prominent colour of the sky. The streets of the city were relatively empty due to the early hour, however, a few cars glided past the male and he came across the odd local either walking or jogging. After a minute or two, I finally made it to my destination, Miltank Milk. This building was home to a coffee shop which was very popular after it started up three years previously Edward made my way into the shop and was greeted by the cashier, Alex. Alex was a sixteen year old local to the city, and also was the president of the local 'Edward Chapman Fanclub.' The pair had previously met and had become friends in the three weeks preceding this event while Edward was here to prepare for his battle with Thierry, one of the highly rated trainers of Hoenn. The battle had taken place just a few days ago, with Edward edging a win. After purchasing his coffee, Edward took a seat in the relatively empty coffee shop. He closed his eyes and leaned backwards on his chair, completely at ease.

Minutes passed, however they felt like seconds to Edward. Just then he heard someone clear their throat. He reluctantly opened his eyes and seen a man dressed in a suit standing beside his table. 'Mind if I take a seat,' he said in a posh, English accent. 'Be my guest,' the male replied. The man sat down opposite Edward and immediately began as he introduced himself, 'I am Timothy Johnson, I have been sent here on behalf of Mr. Abramavic-.' 'The Mr. Abramavic?' Edward interjected with surprise, 'The Mr. Abramavic of the oil companies?' The man in the suit just smiled, 'The very same,' Mr. Johnson said calmly, 'He wants you to participate in his latest... project, shall we say?' he said with a small smile. 'Go on..' Edward said impatiently. 'He is trying to find the legendary Pokémon..' Mr. Johnson stated. Edward was taken aback, he was always a believer in the legendary Pokémon, however he never had the time nor the resources to try and find them. 'Hm... what will I be getting in reward for my services?'Edward asked, even thoughhe had already made his decision. 'You shall be getting a very reasonable payment for your services, here is your up front payment. Don't be too disheartened, it's only 10% of the payment you shall receive should you decide to take part in the project,' he said as he handed the male a cheque. He glanced down at the piece of paper and was astonished, this was more than he'd make in a year worth of competitive battling. However he kept this emotion hidden before looking back to Mr. Johnson, 'I suppose that is a reasonable price for my services.' Mr. Johnson's face lit up, 'That's great Mr. Chapman, Mr. Abramavic shall be delighted to hear. Are you ready to depart immediately?' he asked. 'Yeah of course,' Edward replied a small smile on his lips.

Mr. Johnson then led Edward outside the building and to a limo that awaited us. He smiled as together, they entered the back of the vehicle. The man called Mr. Abramavic and informed him of Edward's decision. The latter just closed his eyes and let time pass him by. After a couple of hours, Edward was awoken by Mr. Johnson. The pair had arrived at Mr. Abramavic's private airport north-east of Fallarbour town. Edward and Mr. Johnson then made their way onto the private jet that was headed for Snowpoint city, the most northerly point of Sinnoh.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Musings​

Takatakatakatakatakatakatakatakataka- Found it! Stupid mids... Hunter typed and clicked furiously on his laptop, working away at a new track. If I don't make this deadline, heads are gonna roll. He was sitting in one of Goldenrod Records' private jets, attempting to complete a mix in time for his next show at Blackthorn City. A set of headphones distanced him from the real world, forcing him to pay attention only to the waveforms present on his laptop's LCD monitor. He was so immersed in his work, that he didn't even notice when an attendant tapped him on the shoulder. It took at least a whole minute before Hunter saw the man. Frustrated, he pulled his headphones around his neck, and snapped out a slightly-too-loud "what?!" The tuxedo-wearing steward looked taken aback.
    "Sir, we'll be landing in Blackthorn in about ten minutes."
    "Don't want to hear it. If I don't get this finished, Oak is gonna have my head on a spear. You know how anal he gets about his radio show. Now get back to... Whatever it is that you do on these planes." He placed the headphones back over his ears and continued his speedy production, completely oblivious to the world around him.

The airport runway was freezing cold and covered in a fine layer of condensation. At least my clothes have their uses, Hunter thought to himself, zipping his parka up just a little bit higher. It was a low-profile airport, and so there was not a trace of paparazzi to be seen. Thank Arceus. He pulled on his backpack containing all of the essentials and left the heavier cargo to the airport staff as he began strolling towards the Blackthorn Flight Center doors. Always liked this place. Nice weather. His content attitude was broken, however, the moment he made his first damp footprint on the airport lounge's carpet. A confused-looking boy, about Hunter's own age, jogged over to him from behind a service counter. As he neared the young musician, he was met with a large bouncer's hand on his shoulder. "Business only," the mafia-like man stated in a low voice.
    "I-important l-l-letter from a-a mister Abra... A-Abravavakick? Ab..." came the stuttering reply. Hunter stared at the kid, wondering what could possibly be so important that he had to be distracted from his current duties. Instead of allowing the messenger to embarrass himself any further, he sighed and simply said "give me the letter and just get out of here." The boy did so, and began to walk away hastily, looking pleased at being allowed to get away from the huge bodyguard. Still pacing towards the airport's exit, Hunter tore open the envelope's seal and flipped the contents open. "Dear mister Martell... Blah blah blah, yeah, I know who I am... Pokemon... Legends, whatever..." He read aloud to himself, his eyes drifting over the well-formatted letter, taking in almost no information. That is, until he saw the last line. He stopped walking and his accompanying roadies stared. "We're not doing the show tonight. Cancel it. I've got another plane to catch." His manager looked at him blankly for a few minutes, and then began to object. Hunter silenced him with a raised hand. "Just read this." It took only a few seconds for the manager's trained eye to scour the entirety of the letter.
    "You're not doing this. Do you even realize what this guy's asking for? I'm your manager. There's just no wa-"
    "It's cool, don't worry! I'll be back within the month, just feed the press some crap about how I've got a bad case of the flu or something. And besides, I thought we were getting low ticket sales for this leg of the tour anyway. It's not like we'll miss the cash."
    The manager sighed and pulled out his phone, dialling the number that would seal Hunter's involvement in this operation. "Just promise me you won't do anything stupid... And what am I supposed to do about Oak's mix?"
    Hunter smiled. "The usual. Tell him I'm too famous and I have other places to be." But all that was really going through his head was $600,000! That's a whole year's pay! I wonder how much more he's got in mind...

His second plane for the day, Hunter watched the slim expensive-looking jet touch down on the tarmac. The wheels screeched as it slowed to a stop, and Hunter began walking towards the plane. The door opened as he neared the craft, and a man who clearly had business-like intentions stepped onto the steel stairs. "Decided to accept, eh? I thought as much. Quickly now, we've got places to be..."
    "Wait, what exactly is it that we're doing?"

Last edited:

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Following the Yellow Brick Road of Destiny​
    Lynette awoke in her princess bed, Percival, her "loyal" Persian, still slept on her right side. She staggered out of bed as the Pokémon rolled on its back, ignoring its trainer's stirring. Daxter, though, was nocturnal and waited devotedly for his trainer to awake. The Ariados crawled along the wall next to Lynette, avoiding the long-standing stains and holes that dressed it. Lynette walked into her large master bathroom with chipped tiles and old wallpaper. The room surrounding her had once been an impressive cleansing room; then again, it had also housed her father back then. She ignored this, though, and went straight to the shower to get ready for her day. The water bit at Lynette's body, waking her up. She couldn't remember the last time she had a hot shower, or at least one that would efficiently shoot water at her. This was commonplace for her now, but something happened today that caught Lynette as strange. The water stopped dripping out of the faucet, entirely. She frowned. Luckily, the young woman had already cleaned herself. She shrugged, and walked out of the shower, grabbing the towel from the floor where she had dropped it yesterday. No steam covered the mirror, and Lynette was glad to see her roots were still fiery red. No money would make it hard to get another coloring soon. After that thought had occurred, she realized the water probably stopped since she hadn't paid the bill in quite some time. Sighing, she got clothed in her usual outfit, beginning with the red and green plaid miniskirt. As she buttoned up her white shirt, another button fell off due to fraying of the strings. Another sigh escaped her: it was going to be just one of those days. As she began putting on makeup after clipping her hair into their usual ponytails, the doorbell rang.

"Crap…" Lynette hurriedly began finishing the rest of her face quickly, but Ace impatiently barked near the front door. The Arcanine always guarded the mansion; even though it was gated; Ace always found some sense of accomplishment in the protection of the home. She fumbled around her room to find the pokeballs that would retrieve her Pokémon. It wasn't "proper" to have Pokémon roam a mansion and any guest Lynette may have today might expect better of her. She picked up the luxury balls, starting with "P" for her Persian, who lay on the bed. He dodged the beam of light that was shot at him, as if it were nothing, and rolled onto his back. Infuriated, she tried again only to miss. It had been a while since Lynette returned any of them to their pokeballs, as she hadn't adventured in nearly 4 years. "Whatever, Percy, have it your way. I hope you like being locked in this room more…" The Persian made a decisive snort and returned to his slumber. Daxter was loyal to Lynette, so as she returned the Ariados to its home, he cooperated happily. Another doorbell chime sounded throughout the manor. Closing the door behind her, Lynette muttered impatiently under her breat, "I'm doing my best, just hold your Ponytas…" Muffins' steel hum became evident as she leapt down the stairs. The Metagross was asleep in the parlor, as was his custom. Before he awoke, Lynette captured him in his capsule once again. Ace continued his incessant barking from the room opposite until once again Lynette returned him.

1… 2… 3… 4… Clover was in her pokeball as the 5th member. Who had she forgotten? The doorbell rang for a third time, breaking Lynette of her thoughts. She sprinted to the radio that connected to the gate and slammed a finger on the button. Panting heavily, she was able to make out the words, "Welcome to the DePouilles' Estate, may I ask who is inquiring?" She hated sounding so… preppy. It didn't suit her well at all and left her with a terrible taste in her mouth.

"Hello, my name is Mr. Walcott, I'm here to speak with Lynette." The voice came backs through ruffled static. It sounded dignified and professional. She sighed; this was probably a tax collector. Reluctantly, she pushed the "Open Gate" button and waited for the visitor to intrude on her morning. Surprisingly, when Lynette opened the door, the man seemed rather calm and friendly. "I have a proposition for you, Mrs. DePouilles. May I come in?"

Most of the people who entered the estate were surprised at its damaged and unkempt state. Walcott, however, ignored this. Lynette led him straight to an old living room. They exchanged some small talk as Lynette offered to make the both of them coffee, but she knew he was there for a reason. Her heart began to sink as she sat down after providing him with his cop of joe.

"As you probably expected, I'm here for a reason, Lynette." Walcott had an air of seriousness in his voice.

"Right… I'd imagine we should just get down to brass tacks…" Lynette's heart sunk. Was he here to collect the house? She could only let her mind race as a hesitation ensued. Walcott carefully chose his next few words.

"I've been sent here by an employer to collect—" Walcott was surprised to see words were cut short by Lynette's immediate breakdown.

Tears streamed down her face quickly, "I-I know I haven't been paying what need to, so just… take what you want!!" She tried her best to act dignified, but she couldn't stand the thought of losing the memories of her father.

Walcott looked around confused, and for the first time he noticed. Paintings were taken off the wall; tables lay naked around the house. In fact, it appeared the only objects that remained were either antiques, or items without worth. Lyn had sold everything she was willing to in order to keep the house under her possession. Walcott couldn't help but chuckle, "Don't worry Lynette, I'm not here to take anything from you. In fact, I'm here to offer you a job!" He gave a hearty laugh as he finished.

Lynette sniffed the tears out of her eyes as he relayed his reasoning for coming. Had she heard him wrong? It was possible; her crying did inhibit her hearing. She wiped her tears away, careful of her makeup. "W-what?"

"A job!" He repeated, "And a high paying one at that, too! My employer has provided me a list of top-tier trainers he felt were able to qualify for a job opportunity. You, Mrs. Depouilles, have made one of the top spots."

Her eyes still misty, Lynette smiled a true smile at him, "Please, call me Lyn." Her lips were still quivering, but it was easier to think clearly now, "Exactly how high paying is this job, and what is the job exactly?"

Walcott gave out a rugged chuckle, "Well, let's just say high paying, more than your father made… Millions. And to prove it, Abramavic has sent me here with a $600,000 check made out to a certain Lynette Depouilles."

He placed it on the coffee table between them. He was right, 600 big ones. Not that Lynette had ever distrusted the man, but she grew suspicious, "You still didn't answer my second question."

"Relax, I was getting there. Y'see, Lyn, Abramavic has found evidence that the legendary Pokémon do, in fact, exist. He's looking for the best of the best to capture these legendary beings so he can prove Science wrong." Walcott's expression was entirely serious, "I have seen this evidence myself, and actually believe it now."

Lynette's face froze, "You have got to be kidding me."

"No, I'm seri—"

"I always knew they existed! I believed in them longer. I will do anything to help!" Her voice shot up with the enthusiasm it usually retained. Some of Lyn's fondest memories came from her father relaying bed-time stories to the hopeful 5-year-old. She sat in awe as she listened to the tails of the legendary birds and dogs.

Walcott's voice broke Lynette's trance, "Does that mean 'yes'?"

A large smile broke across her face, and once again, tears fell, but this time, out of pure joy. "When do I start?"

Walcott grinned, "In 4 hours, a limousine will pick you up and take you to an airport. From there, you will connect to Celadon City, and finally fly to Snowpoint City, where you will meet up with everyone else."

Eventually, Lynette was taken to the airport where she flew on a private jet to Celadon. She hadn't been on a limousine or private jet since her father was alive, and the sense of luxury felt nice. She slipped on her leopard print headphones and turned the song to one of Hunter Martell's latest albums. Unfortunately, the flight didn't last too long before she reached Celadon City and landed. As she got off the plane, she saw another employee was waiting to board the same flight as Lynette. She was slightly taller than Lyn and weighed less, probably, which made Lynette feel self-conscious. That fact, combined with an extremely modern fashion sense made Lynette feel uncomfortable. Something about her seemed familiar to Lynette. Walcott did say he was looking for top trainers, but Lynette couldn't quite remember where she had seen her. Either way, Lynette would have to be employees with the person. She decided against saying anything and would wait to be instructed to go on the airplane.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Alex Tran​

Littleroot was just like any small town. It was a town full of gossip and children screaming at each other over something stupid. Today the sun was out with and the skies were clear. The sun was so high up today that it was obvious that it was around noon. Today the adults were gossiping as loudly as usual and the children were at it screaming once again, this time something about a television show.

Much was normal and everything seemed to blend in, except for one person. There was a short man wearing a lab coat, reading off a clipboard with a sceptile attached to his back. He didn't seem to mind too much as the weight of the grass pokemon was on his back. He didn't seem to mind either that the sceptile was talking very loudly and obnoxiously like a drunken old man.

Many people knew this man as the town's workaholic research aide, Alex. Alex was known as the town's resident workaholic. He always had his nose in a clipboard and he was very serious when it came to his work. He didn't really have many hobbies, well, hobbies that didn't involve working anyways. Prof. Birch, his boss, quite liked him for his neat notes and observations, but he wished he could relax a bit. Thankfully, in the townspeople's eyes, Alex wasn't a complete workaholic bore. He had a boyfriend, which was rare for Littleroot as most people whom lived there were straight. However, his boyfriend seemed to bring out a very awkward and a very comical side. Frequently on their dates, people could see the many comical, awkward looking faces and many people got a kick out of seeing them.

Many people didn't notice, but there was a skip in his step. Very restrained, yes, but he was skipping none the less. He did what he usually did during the day today, field work. Field work involved observing and taking notes on the pokemon physically and mentally and even taking notes on the environment in which they lived in. He had to write down if any irregularities in pokemon behavior, appearance, and even any irregularities in the environment that may cause harmful long term effects. He had some free time and he had spent it on a lunch date with Donald, his boyfriend.

At the moment, Alex was in front of Littleroot's lab. It was just a simple looking building with a very large "backyard" and it seemed that the building's favorite color was grey. Grey tiles to the grey surroundings to even the drapes. It looked a bit depressing, but it was famous throughout Hoenn, so no one could really complain.

Alex scanned his notes again, flipping through all the pages attached to the clipboard he was holding in his left hand. He made sure that all the names to the sections were in red pen and all the information written neatly in pencil. He was made sure that his report and notes made sense and then eventually he made sure there were no spelling and grammatical errors. Jiji, his sceptile, was still attempting to hang on his back, had let out a sigh that pretty much said: Why are we still out here? Your notes are neat enough, so can we go inside?" Alex let out a sigh before scanning all the pages once more, which made Jiji sigh even louder. He deemed it presentable and entered the lab.

Just like the outside, the inside of the lab was mostly grey. Machines lined the walls and flashed many different colors. The lights of the machines were the only variety of color the lab had. There weren't many aides that were employed by Prof. Birch, so five cubicles for enough. Three for the aides, one for Prof. Birch, and one was used as a guest room of sorts. Why the guest cubicle was in the back near the door to the "backyard" was a bit of a mystery. Tacks lined the right side of the wall and above those tacks were days of the week. Alex placed his clipboard under the tag that said "Tuesday" and at that moment, Jiji let go of Alex's back and began running around the lab and poking his head in each cubicle. The other aides were already used to the sceptiles antics and let him annoy them with their loud voices. Alex let out a sigh, but at that moment Prof. Birch poked his head out of the guest cubicle.

"Oh, you're back Alex," Prof. Birch stated, while scratching his scruffy chin.

"Yeah," Alex said back, "we have a guest?"

"Oh," Prof. Birch paused, staring back at the cubicle before walking towards Alex, "yes, c'mon out."

A man had soon popped his head out of the cubicle. He had a tattoo on his face, a very weird looking one anyway. The tattoo was just black lines on the right side of his face. His hair was blond and it stood up. His face was a bit bean shaped as he had a bit of a butt chin, but one wouldn't miss his bored blue eyes.

Seeing the man Alex had to raise an eyebrow, "Him?"

"Yes," Prof. Birch stated. He stared at the man before ushering him out. With a tired sigh he stepped out to reveal himself to the world. He was tall and buff. He was taller than Alex was and that irked him a bit. He wore a white t-shirt and jeans and a chain was dangling out of one of the pockets. He wore sneakers and had a small leather bag strapped on his right shoulder.
    The man observed Alex before letting out a pfft, "I'm here to battle you."
    He stuck his pinky in his right ear before taking out to observe it. He didn't look very interested.

"Sure, let's go out to the back, I'm sure Prof. Birch wouldn't want a battle inside the lab," Alex said cautiously. He went around the cubicle Prof. Birch and the man were in and opened the door before turning back, "may I have your name?"

He stared at Alex plainly, "Tony."

Alex hummed in acknowledgement and exited the lab and Tony and Prof. Birch followed suit. The backyard of the lab was just a large expanse of grassy land. Trees were randomly growing all over, the grass was a healthy green, and nearby was a stream that flowed into a small lake for all the water pokemon. The backyard was just a place where the pokemon that took resident in the lab until they were rotated hung out. Since so many pokemon were in Prof. Birch's care, there was a certain schedule and at the moment no pokemon were out so nothing would be in the way during the battle.

Tony walked a few feet away from the lab. He studied Alex quietly before throwing a pokeball in the air. A mightyena let out a howl as the white light dissipated when the ball opened. Its slick black coat showed that it was in good health. The wolfish like pokemon studied Alex quietly, quickly deducing the situation, and then let out a small growl.

"Well trained," Alex mentally noted after observing the color of its coat, the size of the pokemon, its behavior, and estimating its weight, .

"Are you going to release your pokemon or not, or is the sceptile that is still running around the lab going to be the pokemon you are using?" Tony drawled. At that moment, Jiji came out of nowhere and jumped Alex from behind. He nearly lost balance, but managed to keep himself from falling. Jiji began chatting loudly, but it wasn't like Alex could fully understand him; however, he did have inkling.

"Sorry, Jiji, but I am not going to use you," Alex said. Jiji frowned at this and let out a sad sigh. Alex just patted his head, "You battled recently and I want to let her stretch her wings."

Jiji seemed to perk up at this. He already knew who Alex was talking about. Tony seemed a little interested as a look of curiosity was now painted on his face instead of the look of complete and utter boredom he had before. Alex reached a hand into his coat and brought out a pokeball. He threw it in the air and the ball began to expand and then open. White light shot out, a roar was heard, and the light dissipated. A green dragon, a flygon, appeared and she stretched her wings.

"Hello Juniper," Alex greeted with a serious tone. The flygon turned to her trainer in attention and happily fluttered her diamond like wings, "we are going to have a battle now."

Juniper, the flygon, let out a happy screech before turning around to face her opponent. The mightyena growled at its next opponent and Tony just patted his head. The growling died down a bit, but it was still loud enough for Alex and Juniper to hear.

"You have the first move," Alex stated plainly.

Tony raised a blond eyebrow, "You sure?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I wanted the first move," Alex stated. His eyes narrowed when Tony shrugged. The bored look was back again and it then clicked in Alex's mind. He wasn't interested in Alex at all. Tony was looking down on him. He didn't feel threatened and he seemed confident that he would win without even trying. Alex frowned. He was going to show him he was a threat, a great one.

"Shadow Ball," Tony yawned. The mightyena opened its mouth and spat out a purple ball of energy that crackled. Alex noted it was well trained, but he was confident enough that he could finish this swiftly.

"Defend with Sandstorm," Alex commanded. Juniper flew into the air and her body began to glow. She began to spin wildly in the air and a tornado of sand appeared. The swirling tornado had neutralized the shadow ball and the attack was reduced to pretty purple sparkles.

Tony grunted, "Wouldn't have avoiding that been a better option?"

"Stone Edge," Alex stated, ignoring Tony for the moment. Juniper escaped the sandstorm and crossed her arms. Sharpened stones circled around her body like rings and then with a cry she uncrossed her arms. The sharpened stones flew right into the middle of the tornado and as soon as the two attacks made contact, the stones were sucked up into the swirling mass of sand. A horrid sound screeched into the air and soon the stones flew out of the storm and were raining down on the Mightyena. The wolf tried to avoid them all, but it was futile as the wolf was still hit with them anyway.

"That's why you don't have earthquake or earth power?" Tony asked before grinning, "Dig."

The swirling tornado died down as soon as there weren't any remnants of stone edge left to spit out. Mightyena used this chance and began to tunnel through the ground. Alex had stared at Tony in confusion. With the levitate ability, ground type attacks wouldn't work on Juniper.

"Ice fang," Tony smirked. The mightyena jumped from the ground and showed off its glowing blue teeth. It managed to get a bite out of Juniper's left arm and once it did, ice began to creep up her left arm. Juniper flailed her arm wildly, trying to get the mightyena to let go of her arm, but to no avail and for some reason it seemed to speed up the freezing process.

Alex was a bit surprised as he had never faced a mightyena with ice fang before. He managed to beat out his astonishment to call out a counter attack, "Bash mightyena with dragon claw."

Juniper's right arm glowed with a blue light and with a cry she began bashing the wolf pokemon wildy with her right arm. Mightyena was in pain that much was obvious. It was in so much pain that the freezing process just stopped completely as it struggled to fight through the pain of being repeatedly bashed and soon the mightyena let go of Juniper's left arm and began to fall.
    Before Tony could call out a command, Alex acted swiftly, "Encase it in sandstorm."

Juniper flew until she was in close proximity to the falling pokemon and then began to fly around it in a circle. Her body began to glow with a lightish blue light and then a sandstorm was produce with her circular flying, trapping the pokemon. The harsh sandy winds blew and mightyena let out a howl of pain, but at this point, there was nothing Tony could do. He was gritting his teeth; he wasn't expecting this at all. He wasn't expecting to be losing to someone with such a poor record.

"Finish this with stone edge," Alex snipped. Juniper stopped flying around the sand tornado she created and moved away from it. She flexed her left arm and with great effort the ice cracked and her arm was free. She crossed and uncrossed her arms and let the sharpened stones fly at the sand tornado. This time, the stone met the tornado at its peak and it was then sucked up. A sound that was akin to firecrackers was heard and then a howl of pain. Tony cursed, it was over, he could tell. The sandstorm died and mightyena fell to the floor and it was obvious it couldn't get up.

"Return," Tony sighed, holding up the pokemon's poke'ball. A red beam of light hit the wolf and sucked it back inside the balls boundaries. Tony walked over to Alex and brought out his hand, "I never expected to lose like that."
    Alex eyed the man's hand before shaking it cautiously, "At least you know I'm not weak and helpless."

Tony stared at Alex before turning his eyes to Prof. Birch, "He's hired."

Prof. Birch beamed, but Alex was confused, "Hired?"

"Oh yes, you don't know yet," Tony said, "well my boss Roman Abramavic has been looking for powerful trainers far and wide."

"Roman Abramavic? Why would a powerful business tycoon want to do with powerful trainers?" Alex asked, "What does he have to gain?"

"Legendary pokemon," Tony answered, "Him and many of us, his workers, believe the existence of legendary pokemon and we need powerful trainers to help us find them and you to study and observe them."

"Legendary pokemon?" Alex asked, "Those aren't real? Sure I learned of their myths, but they haven't been seen in hundreds of years. They are so rarely seen, that I barely touched the subject in college. I barely remember the myths at all and I would need the books -"

"It's okay, we'll provide that," Tony interrupted.

"Why battle me then?" Alex questioned, "if you needed me to study and observe them them, there would be no reason to battle me."

"Right," Tony paused, "but we also wanted a researcher who could hold their own and even help out with finding them. Prof. Birch is a friend of my boss and he called in a favor. I was sent here to pick you up, but when I saw your record in the leagues I wasn't entirely interested, but when I saw you battle you showed much promise and the ability that proves that you won't be dead weight."

Alex narrowed his eyes a bit into an unnoticeable glare, "But I ha-"

"Sorry, you can't turn it down either," Tony interrupted, "After that battle you can't. Prof. Birch owes my boss a favor and you know how he is with favors."

Alex sighed. Prof. Birch wasn't the one to not repay a favor. In fact, Prof. Birch completely detested it. If he owed someone he would always pay it back. It was one of the admiring traits the professor had, but at the moment, Alex didn't like the trait very much. He didn't want to leave Littleroot. He didn't want to leave Donald.

Tony took out a slip of paper from his pocket and shoved it into Alex's hand, "Meet at this location in Lilycove City at the specified date that's on it. I am expecting you to come."

"B-but-" Before Alex could form a response, Tony disappeared and at this Alex sighed. The wind blew and it was obvious that the wind was laughing at Alex, well that was what Alex thought anyway.

"Stupid wind."

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
  • ((Sorry guys this took so long to get up. I had a few things come up.))

On the Road

The past twelve hours had turned Kaylee's world upside down. The photo-shoots she had done for national sports magazines and makeup lines only a week ago felt like an eternity. One moment she had been smiling in front of a camera and then the next she was traversing mountainous terrain. This was the life of a trainer. One moment you felt safe surrounded by city life and the next you were isolated by nature. It was something Kaylee adored about her lifestyle. Hidden behind the façade of makeup, fancy clothes, and metropolitan ideals there was a love for nature. These intimate feelings for nature were displayed subtly throughout Kaylee's career. It was not something she talked about or displayed with humans.

There was a bump and a roar of an engine. The machine shook with incredible force and the wheels ran across a small runway. Kaylee remained quiet and reserved. She didn't know what was going on and she refused to trust anyone sitting in the plane. The door shot open and there waiting just outside was the oil tycoon himself. One of the richest men in the world had come to greet Kaylee and the others. The trainer couldn't help but wonder if he actually thought there would be legendaries. Nonetheless she exited the aircraft first.

"Miss Gourcuff, Princess of Kanto. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. I have developed a great deal of respect for your elegant battle style. It is a pleasure to have you work for me." The man spoke with confidence and extreme finesse. Despite his soft tone it commanded the utmost respect. The sophistication of his words could have convinced the trainer to do anything. This scared Kaylee and she would have to remain on her toes around her boss.

"As it is to meet you sir," She revealed her white teeth and took his hand. He gave it a gentle kiss, which was a common method of greeting between two residents of Kanto. Kaylee nodded at the man and then lost his attention. He turned to greet another female.

Kaylee grabbed her bags and moved to the side breathing heavily. The elevation was definitely higher here and she could feel it just standing. Mountains cascaded over the small city skyline. One mountain, presumably Preacher's Peak, dwarfed them all. At least a foot of snow encased the cleared runway. It was falling at a moderate pace, adding to the amount already accumulated. Kaylee knew that the only time I wasn't snowing here was summer, but that was a long time from now.

A few other people exited, but Kaylee focused on only one. The girl looked somewhat familiar. However, Kaylee wasn't close to putting a name to the girl. She had to be a talented trainer from a different region. If she had been from Kanto Kaylee would be able to not only know her name but all her pokemon.

"Shall we move on?" Abramavic led the group through a couple of buildings and streets until they reached the downtown area. It wasn't overly impressive, at least not compared to Celadon. There were only two or three skyscrapers and the rest of the buildings were small in size. However, it did possess a quaint small town feeling despite housing a sizable portion of Sinnoh's population. Many of the buildings were constructed of wood and appeared to be cabins. It was something very different for the newly hired trainer.

"Snowpoint City, Sinnoh's crown of the North! You all will start tomorrow at 8:00 am sharp." The boss was interrupted by a ring. "Sorry I have to take this. You guys are staying over there at Two Seasons Hotel. Take these." He quickly handed the present trainers company cards on lanyards and left. It had her trainer picture on it and had the words 'Land's End' on it.

Kaylee wasted no time. She trotted over to the hotel, wanting a shower and change of clothes. She was freezing in her thin sweater. By the time she made it to the hotel, her fingers were a dark shade of blue.

"Hello Miss. Here to check in?" A clerk in a fancy tuxedo asked as she entered. The lobby was extravagant to say the least. Kaylee had heard of this place. It was a resort that celebrities and top trainers alike used for skiing trips and expeditions into the mountains. However, she had not imagined it to be as classy as it seemed.

"Yes. I am with… umm..." She just handed her company card feeling stupid.

"Ah! Yes! Of course. You are with the Lands End Company! Mr. Abramavic told us he was bringing his best trainers. I should have known!" His smile was as exuberant as his voice.

The trainer returned the smile with pearl white teeth, "I guess I am."

"Alrighty then. We are all finished here. Take this, you are in a penthouse suite on floor twenty-two." Kaylee hadn't expected anything less. Abramavic had gone out of his way to make everything a luxury for the trainers.

Kaylee left the lobby without a second thought. She made her way to the top floor of the monstrous hotel. The view captivated her mind for several long minutes. From her room, the mountains appeared giant. They somehow made the second tallest building in Snowpoint (the hotel) look tiny. The trainer knew that all of them were above thirteen thousand feet, but had not expected for them to look as sizable as this.

After cleaning up and changing into warmer clothes, which included a navy blue parka, she continued outside. It was about time her creatures knew what they were about to do. She was greeted at the doors by subzero temperatures and freezing wind.

Snowpoint City had a peculiar design. Normally a city is built around its 'mainstreet'. Snowpoint was built around the mountians. To support tourists and be closest to ski resorts, the city's downtown was on the outskirts of town. It ensured a short walk to the slopes and for Kaylee a short walk to the wilderness.

It was as if the trainer had hit a wall of silence. One moment she had been in the middle of a town and the next it was completely silent. The wind whistled between the trees and hills. It was incredibly hard to navigate in the deep snow and incline. Kaylee trudged inch by inch.

"This is a better spot than any," the trainer mentioned after dropping one of her balls. A fox with golden fur appeared. Its emotions completely shrouded by its florescent red eyes. "Ninetales… I need you to listen. We are about to embark some of the most dangerous missions we have ever participated in. If we have any chance of survival we are going to need to be on the same page. Nina… please listen." The snow was melting beneath the creature's feet as it stood like a concrete wall. It was uninterested in its trainer's pleas. This wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last time the trainer would beg.

After a few moments of no response, Kaylee released the rest of her pokemon and began addressing them about what was happening.

Back