• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Unown Sprite System

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Someone knows how to use multiple sprites in one Pokémon like the Unown sprites?

Last edited:

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • Someone knows how to use multiple sprites in one Pokémon like the Unown sprites?

The way I read it is that you have to make a new Pokemon and simply name them the same? I could be wrong but that's why there's gaps between Celebi and Treecko. They are Unknown sprites. Castform on the other hand... Well, no one knows.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    The way I read it is that you have to make a new Pokemon and simply name them the same? I could be wrong but that's why there's gaps between Celebi and Treecko. They are Unknown sprites. Castform on the other hand... Well, no one knows.

The Unown sprites are after Deoxys and Bad Egg.
    If I create a different version of the same Pokémon, they will have different Dex numbers, I want them to be the same as Unown, one Pokémon with multiple versions.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • The Unown sprites are after Deoxys and Bad Egg.
    If I create a different version of the same Pokémon, they will have different Dex numbers, I want them to be the same as Unown, one Pokémon with multiple versions.

Ah, but if you look at a Pokemon editor, they are located between Celebi and Treecko (I think). It doesn't matter what location their sprites are at on unLZ-GBA (or NSE, whatever). You need to give them the same name and dex number. PGE has a dex editor, I think. I'll need to test this theory myself but I believe it's what I've read before. Someone else feel free to jump in and clear this up. I, myself, need to know too due to putting multiple Arceus forms in my own hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Ah, but if you look at a Pokemon editor, they are located between Celebi and Treecko (I think). It doesn't matter what location their sprites are at on unLZ-GBA (or NSE, whatever). You need to give them the same name and dex number. PGE has a dex editor, I think. I'll need to test this theory myself but I believe it's what I've read before. Someone else feel free to jump in and clear this up. I, myself, need to know too due to putting multiple Arceus forms in my own hack.

I'm talking of an editor like PGE and G3HS, between Celebi and Treecko there is a lot of "?" and after Deoxys and Bad Egg there is UNOWNB, UNOWNC, UNOWND..
    I don't know if there's a way to use the same dex number on various Pokémon.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • I'm talking of an editor like PGE and G3HS, between Celebi and Treecko there is a lot of "?" and after Deoxys and Bad Egg there is UNOWNB, UNOWNC, UNOWND...

I didn't notice this. I use G3HS and a FireRed ROM but I don't have anything after Chimecho. I was under the impression the spaces between Celebi and Treecko were the Unknowns.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    I didn't notice this. I use G3HS and a FireRed ROM but I don't have anything after Chimecho. I was under the impression the spaces between Celebi and Treecko were the Unknowns.

Because you probably don't have expanded your Pokémon. I have all 721 + Megas, if you expand you'll be able to see the Unowns.
    You can go to your editor .ini and edit the amount of pokes to XXX+28 (XXX is the original amount on the .ini file) to be able to view them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    The Pokédex order number works fine. Thanks for the idea. But I will try something to do exactly the same of the Unown system. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    How did you solve it?

I know how the Unown system functions, but it's hard to do, then I will use your method of making the alternate Pokémon with the same Dex entry of the main Pokémon, it works fine.

Years
  • I know how the Unown system functions, but it's hard to do, then I will use your method of making the alternate Pokémon with the same Dex entry of the main Pokémon, it works fine.

Yeah, the GF's system for either Unown or Castform is shitty. Making two pokemon and giving them the same Dex Number(in both dexes) is much better.

Actually, mbcn10ww is right. The Unown Slots along with the Egg sprite are located after Chimecho and take up 440 slots in total.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Yeah, the GF's system for either Unown or Castform is ****ty. Making two pokemon and giving them the same Dex Number(in both dexes) is much better.

Actually, mbcn10ww is right. The Unown Slots along with the Egg sprite are located after Chimecho and take up 440 slots in total.

That's right, I think if someone can control a Pokémon Personality Value, will open the way to Gender sprite change, alternate colors and other types of forms & formes.

Back