• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Unreal Engine Pokemon game......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Hey guys, Im rather new here, so if theres anything that I should know (just for future reference, content of posts, etc) just let me know!

Anyway, let me cut to the chase.

I have a dream, well more a Goal than anything.

After watching some Pokemon Origins on Hulu the other night, I got inspired, I want to make the most glorious possible Pokemon game I possibly can in the Unreal Engine. An entire new experience. (Id share all my ideas for development, but being as this IS the internet Id rather not just yet to protect my ideas as of right now.) Something massive, brand new. Now, I do have plans for this. I WILL do it, whether its a year from now or 10 years from when its completed, It will be done. And I want to know what you all think of this idea.

Now here's the catch. In the case of copyright issues, this could simply become a fan game. But as Im going into the game dev business for a career. I want to pitch this as a spin off OR possible new series for home consoles to Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company (Whoever needs to be contacted). The pitch would not simply be an idea pitch. I would pitch a completed beta, in an attempt to avoid rejection. I'm very persistant. Granted that wont be accomplished for several years. But I did say this is a goal didnt I? And in addition to the fact Nintendo doesn't have main series IP's from Pokemon on their home consoles. Only on portables. Its a goal I intend to accomplish and refuse to believe is impossible.

I mostly just want feed back to the idea of this, as I do not have anything solid yet, and even if I did, those who were interested would have to contact me privately to avoid a shut down like what happened to Pokemon EVOAS....

But yes. I simply felt this needed to be shared. And if anyone is seriously interested in this, please tell me about it! If not I apologize for wasting your time. Also, If I should've posted in another section, please redirect me so I can fix that mistake.

I am very serious about this, so I hope you guys take me seriously as well lol

Thank you for your time,

Zackary Coleman, Head of Conqueror Games

Additionally, if my pitch was rejected, I will still keep the game, simply rework it into a brand new original IP. This will become a reality. I'm determined.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Unreal 4 so yes, if someone else is using it it too then props to them. I didn't claim to have the idea first if anyone thought that. I've just been thinking of this, how do we change the way pokemon is played? Not simply a 3d remake, something brand new, new battle system as such, new ways to interact and make the game more intimate for the player. That is my goal. I'm sure others use unreal as well, its a popular engine, but I assure you my vision surpasses a remake in HD, and I don't aim to steal ideas either.

Zack

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Aaah no, Lineage II is a total different game which is also using the unreal engine, it was created by NCSOFT

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Ahhh okay, I was confused, I thought Lineage II was a user, my mistake

But yes lol, I'm using the one and only Unreal Engine, and development will start soon, I just have to be wary of sharing for copyright reason

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • to tell you the truth copywrite shouldn't stop what you love doing , and in the end if they don't like your game then i would just change it to a different IP then maybe you can be the next Digimon/Pokemon/Other game !

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Nobody has actually produced an Unreal Engine 4 game for the Wii U as of this moment as it's not official supported.
    Not that it's impossible (the planned Wii U port of the game Bloodstained is intending to the be the first to do so) but it's a big hurdle in an already very large challenge to try and get the multiple Japanese copyright holders to ever want to consider some random persons game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    to tell you the truth copywrite shouldn't stop what you love doing , and in the end if they don't like your game then i would just change it to a different IP then maybe you can be the next Digimon/Pokemon/Other game !

Thanks for the support! But yes, in honesty, Id love to work on the Pokemon Universe because it gives me a lot of source material to work with, But with the case of Pokemon EVOAS, it got shut down, So I have to be careful. But you're right. If I DO get shut down, I will simply rework it into a new IP that I could easily get published on the Wii U and other consoles, including Steam on PC. I want to present a Beta or full game however to Nintendo/Game Freak for further trust. IF I were a company, I wouldnt trust a beloved IP to a developer that had nothing to show for it, so thats my plan anyway.

Nobody has actually produced an Unreal Engine 4 game for the Wii U as of this moment.
    Not that it's impossible (the planned Wii U port of the game Bloodstained is intending to the be the first to do so) but it's a big hurdle in an already very large challenge to try and get the multiple Japanese copyright holders to ever want to consider some random persons game.

That's where the plan of simply making it a new IP comes in {:3} This will simply start as a fan game, and progress from there, and if I get contacted by an Attorney (Which I understand because legally fan games ARE infringing, holders just encourage it sometimes) then I'll create a complete new game from the mechanics I had planned.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'll be generous and assume this thread was a discussion about the likelihood of Nintendo picking up a random person's fangame of one of their IPs (they won't, ever). But since you're trying to go off-topic and talk about your new game specifically, I have to say that this isn't the place for it. You know how to use punctuation, so I'll assume you can read the rules/section headings and figure out where the appropriate place is to talk about your particular fangame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back