• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, it's been a while...

So I'd originally planned to finish this game in 2020, though that was before I started the graphical overhaul. My plan was then to finish the graphical update, and add content up through Gym 7, so that I'd be able to post the newly re-branded game into the main hacks section of the forum.

Unfortunately, that was all derailed when the virus came and turned everything sideways. I've been on an extended hiatus for the last handful of months sorting out real life things, but I haven't given up on the hack, and I've been back at it the last couple of weeks, working on finishing up the visual overhaul. I'm aiming to have the official rebrand out by the end of the year.

Thanks for the support!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Well, it's been a while...

So I'd originally planned to finish this game in 2020, though that was before I started the graphical overhaul. My plan was then to finish the graphical update, and add content up through Gym 7, so that I'd be able to post the newly re-branded game into the main hacks section of the forum.

Unfortunately, that was all derailed when the virus came and turned everything sideways. I've been on an extended hiatus for the last handful of months sorting out real life things, but I haven't given up on the hack, and I've been back at it the last couple of weeks, working on finishing up the visual overhaul. I'm aiming to have the official rebrand out by the end of the year.

Thanks for the support!

Thanks for letting us know, I thought this was another abandoned project that had so much potential, thanks for letting us know dude, have a good rest of your day

bh02032002

Years
  • Curious question.... is this hack still in development, you last said there'd be a patch by the end of the year, just curious that's all, this hack is really interesting. Hope to see an update soon, thanks

Years
    • Seen today
    So I keep forgetting to log on here and post things, but I have been at work on the new update. Gonna post a few of the maps I've re-done for the graphical update, and some new ones.
    Here's Floccesy Town:
    vWVo6m6.png

Nimbasa Park:
    7cB7hAe.png

Driftveil City:
    Tr68O9P.png

Driftveil Drawbridge:
    u98JWtP.png

Will post some more later.

bh02032002

Years
  • So I keep forgetting to log on here and post things, but I have been at work on the new update. Gonna post a few of the maps I've re-done for the graphical update, and some new ones.
    Here's Floccesy Town:
    vWVo6m6.png

Nimbasa Park:
    7cB7hAe.png

Driftveil City:
    Tr68O9P.png

Driftveil Drawbridge:
    u98JWtP.png

Will post some more later.

Thanks for the update it's appreciated, any update on a release for the rebrand update?

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have a concrete release date yet. I was hoping to have the new demo/rebrand done by the end of the year, though it may be pushed back to January. The main reason is that I usually do a full play-test before releasing a new version, in order to find and remove any bugs and make sure everything's working as intended, which is definitely important this time since I changed so much of the previous stuff. And I'm not sure that I'll be able to finish a full play-test before the end of the year.

As far as actual progress goes, I basically just have the 7th gym to design, and to finish up a few of the areas around it. Also need to put a few more finishing touches on the new title screen.

Years
    • Seen today
    Quick update, I have finished all the development I'm planning on doing for the new rebranded demo, and have begun an extensive playtest this morning. I've already found and fixed a few bugs. It's looking like an early January release, or possibly even right before the new year if I can go fast enough lol.

bh02032002

Years
  • Quick update, I have finished all the development I'm planning on doing for the new rebranded demo, and have begun an extensive playtest this morning. I've already found and fixed a few bugs. It's looking like an early January release, or possibly even right before the new year if I can go fast enough lol.

Take your time dude, don't rush it, I'm looking forward to trying it.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I don't have a concrete release date yet. I was hoping to have the new demo/rebrand done by the end of the year, though it may be pushed back to January. The main reason is that I usually do a full play-test before releasing a new version, in order to find and remove any bugs and make sure everything's working as intended, which is definitely important this time since I changed so much of the previous stuff. And I'm not sure that I'll be able to finish a full play-test before the end of the year.

As far as actual progress goes, I basically just have the 7th gym to design, and to finish up a few of the areas around it. Also need to put a few more finishing touches on the new title screen.

No stress at all my dude. Take the time you need Eager to see how this pans out when the release comes along!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2024
    This is still active? Been a long time since any posts.. Looks like such a good demake I love any gba hack and this one looks promising!

Years
    • Seen today
    This is still active? Been a long time since any posts.. Looks like such a good demake I love any gba hack and this one looks promising!

This game has since been re-branded to "Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis", and has been moved to the main ROM hacks page. There is a playable demo from a few years ago that goes up through Gym 7, but a significant amount of work has been done since then.

I have actually finished the main plot through the credits, and am now working on polishing the finishing few touches, like music, dialogue, a few post-game areas, and bug fixes. I anticipate it will likely be done within the next few months, depending on how playtesting goes.

Here is the page on the main hacks page: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10259116

Back