• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unwanted Starter Playthroughs

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I always go through the game using only my starter on the first playthrough of any given game, so I haven't had any problems with my team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have a thing where I just... can't ditch my starter. I have to play the entire game through with it in my party and thus build my party around that starter. It doesn't get special treatment just because it's a starter - I level all my Pokémon to the same level before I move on with the game.

In Gen IV & V it's kinda tough since I'm not particularly fond of the starters in either of those generations. Perhaps in my next playthrough of White (I'm already planning it even though I'm not even finished my current one!), I'll ditch my starter and make a completely new party of my own liking. I think that'll make playing the game more interesting.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I try to balance out my team as much as possible, but it seems my starters always so... Reliable and ends up like 5 levels ahead of everyone. :')

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
    Starters are meant to be one of your best Pokemon, and in black and white, they tried to fix this with the first gym. Came too soon though, and we could still whip them, especially with the monkey thing we can get.

I have always used my starter at first, but that is because I am picky about which pokemon I use.

Back