• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upcoming Movies?

blue

gucci
Years
  • So there is a bunch of upcoming movies that I'd love to see primarily horrors and the movies seem to be fixated around that genre considering the time of the year, so what movies are you looking forward to in the next say month or year?

The one I want to see and I'm sure most of you do is:

Fortunately for me, I'm going to see it on Friday with friends, can't wait!

Years
  • I want to see the Muppets movie so badly. It looks like it'll be a ton of fun. I also want to see the latest Twilight movie (I don't even know what it's called lol) because it should also be a ton of fun, but for different reasons. I'm gonna love being in the theatre with all the girls oohhing and aahhing at bare chests and love triangles or whatever other silliness will show up.

I also want to see In Time. That one looks like it has a fascinating premise: you don't age, but if you don't keep working you die. I love a good scifi movie and I hope this one won't disappoint.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Most of the films I've wanted to see this year I've been lucky to see early through the London Film Festival, which ended today (well, it actually ends on Thursday, but I'm not seeing any more films so it's ended in my world). Looking at the list I have on my phone, my most anticipated film is actually The Muppets as well. It doesn't come out over here in the UK 'til February, but I'll be one of the first in line to see it. I have really fond memories of The Muppets take Manhattan and The Muppet Christmas Carol, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • My choices are:

Puss in Boots,
    The Muppets,
    The fourteenth Pokemon movie
    The upcoming Tintin movie,
    The Lorax,
    Brave,
    Arriety

and the rerelease of Beauty and the Beast

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Wow, The Muppets gets a lot of love here lol. I was never a Muppets fan myself, but my most anticipated of the upcoming movies would be The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. It's odd, because I'm not usually that much a fan of superhero movies, but both of these have someting about them that makes me fascinated to see.

The Dark Knight Rises trailer meant nothing to me (some old guy dying dominated it, which would mean something to fans of the Batman franchise but not really to me) but the cast alone is enough to make me want to see it (Anne Hathaway? Joseph Gordon-Levitt? I'm there).

The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon. I think that's all that needs to be said.

I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I can think of right now.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • OK, now that I've done a bit more searching, a few more movies have popped up:

Firstly, Young Adult has overtaken The Muppets in my gottaseeitnownownow affections. From the same creative team as Juno (Diablo Cody as writer, Jason Reitman as director), it stars Charlize Theron as a young-adult fiction writer who moves back to her hometown to try and steal her high-school sweetheart away from his wife. Apparently it's a black comedy, and from the trailer, it sounds delicious!

As well as this, Haywire has been getting some very good buzz. Essentially a revenge movie, it's been made by Steven Sodebergh, one of my favourite directors, and the trailer looks phenomenal.

Finally, Mission Impossible 4 (I know that's not its real title, but the grammatical inconsistencies make me want to vomit when I read it for real). I really like Brad Bird's animation work - The Incredibles, Ratatouille - so hopefully he'll be able to revive this franchise with genuine aplomb.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I want to see Scary Movie 5, I dont know the release date but I know it's in the making.
    Monsters University (A Prequel to Monsters INC) I've always hoped they would make another it's one of my favourite Disneys.
    The Muppets Movie, although it's released I haven't got around to seeing it yet but I'm a real Muppets fan so I look forward to it.
    Puss In Boots, I've heard great things about this movie and I particularly loved him in Shrek so that's definitely on my to-do list.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Well, off the top of my head...
    Puss in Boots
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (Yes, I seriously just said that. :P)
    THE HUNGER GAMES (As long as they don't butcher it, lol.)
    I guess Pokemon The Movie Black: Victini and Zekrom and Pokemon The Movie White: Victini and Reshiram
    I'd say the Maximum Ride movie, but I believe that was delayed until like 2013 or something, last I read.

There's probably a lot more, but I can't think of many off the top of my head. :3

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I have already seen Paranormal Activity 3, it was okay, but I prefer 2 and the original one than this one, I feel that the thrill within the movie is kind of missing, I didn't see any dragging or somewhat scary except for the last part.

I am so ready for Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part!! <3

Back