• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Updated Flags] MasterZolt's XSE Scripting Tutorial!!!

Zolt

Pokemon Hacker and Master
    Years
    MasterZolt's XSE Scripting Tutorial!!!

I will be updating the thread daily to add all the features of XSE.

Intro

Spoiler:

Message Scripts and Compiling

Spoiler:

Flags

Spoiler:

Last edited:

xGal

Mhm
    Years
    No offense, but making a tutorial that teaches only how to make a messagebox is useless.

Also, why did you put "Pokemon is Life." and not "Pok\h1Bmon is Life.". The example I gave you encodes this hex character to the letter "é" ingame.

Zolt

Years
    No offense, but making a tutorial that teaches only how to make a messagebox is useless.

Also, why did you put "Pokemon is Life." and not "Pok\h1Bmon is Life.". The example I gave you encodes this hex character to the letter "é" ingame.
    If you read at the top I'm not done with this tutorial, but I only have so much time to go into all this detail. And I haven't gotten to Hex values yet. Thanks for the input though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    As a beginner ive found it actually to be a really useful tutorial because other tutorials dont explain that good how to insert the scripts with amap.

Zolt

Years
    As a beginner ive found it actually to be a really useful tutorial because other tutorials dont explain that good how to insert the scripts with amap.
    Thanks! I hope you come back to the thread, when I've updated it more, so you can learn how to use XSE fully! (:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
    Years
    I've always wanted to expand on Diego's tutorial, I love the format you're doing it in, but maybe decrease the size of the text within the spoilers, it makes this tutorial excessively large.
    Any who good luck with having time to update this:)

Zolt

Years
    I've always wanted to expand on Diego's tutorial, I love the format you're doing it in, but maybe decrease the size of the text within the spoilers, it makes this tutorial excessively large.
    Any who good luck with having time to update this:)
    Thanks for the thread advice (: Now that I've looked at it, you're right! I'll edit it when I get home(:

xGal

Mhm
    Years
    If you read at the top I'm not done with this tutorial, but I only have so much time to go into all this detail. And I haven't gotten to Hex values yet. Thanks for the input though.

Well, I still think you should point to good scripting, even in the very first step. Same goes to teaching almost every thing, like math, coding, encoding and more, if you can understand what I am trying to point at.

For example, in every applymovement script you have to put 0xFE at the end to end the movements, but if you will make an applymovement tutorial and you will not get up to it (because it's the last hexadecimal value in the applymovement (I think at least)).

Zolt

Years
    Well, I still think you should point to good scripting, even in the very first step. Same goes to teaching almost every thing, like math, coding, encoding and more, if you can understand what I am trying to point at.

For example, in every applymovement script you have to put 0xFE at the end to end the movements, but if you will make an applymovement tutorial and you will not get up to it (because it's the last hexadecimal value in the applymovement (I think at least)).
    I didn't think of it that way. It was just super late, and I was done :P I planned on doing in the next day (Today) which I am starting right now.

Years
    You're one of them :P lol, let me help you!

LOL. I would like to learn advanced scripting, sure. But, not now. >.> (I'm lazy xD)

But I would review your tut. if I found something I don't know. :)

Zolt

Years
    LOL. I would like to learn advanced scripting, sure. But, not now. >.> (I'm lazy xD)

But I would review your tut. if I found something I don't know. :)
    That's good to hear! My goal was definitely to make the easiest scripting tutorial out there!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
    This is quite helpful for beginners, Zolt. But It would be better to reduce those spoilers and the text size, it doesn't look good. Clicking everything on with spoilers is bleh. It would be better just to scroll down, it would be better to add spoilers on each lesson.

I also saw boxset 0x6. I think it's easier to put msgbox @pointer 0x6 so it would look like..

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @sample 0x6
    release
    end

#org @sample
    = Pok\h1Amon is life
    Also add what lock and faceplayer code are for. Hope to see your tutorial growing everyday. This is very helpful really :) Good job

Years
    >#Dynamic 0x900000 - This is where the game is going to store the script in its offset data.
    This isn't true. This defines the point from which the tool should look for free space to insert the script. If there was a byte at 0x900000 that wasn't FF, the tool would compile it to 0x900001.

Based on your use of the boxset command it also seems like you're writing about XSE 1.1.0, which is not something you should be doing as that version is outdated and very buggy.

Zolt

Years
    >#Dynamic 0x900000 - This is where the game is going to store the script in its offset data.
    This isn't true. This defines the point from which the tool should look for free space to insert the script. If there was a byte at 0x900000 that wasn't FF, the tool would compile it to 0x900001.

Based on your use of the boxset command it also seems like you're writing about XSE 1.1.0, which is not something you should be doing as that version is outdated and very buggy.
    I'll update the thread now.

Back