• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Updated] Pokemon Shadow Version - Team Shadow

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    You would be correct there, do you want to be in charge of designing the region?

Sure. I can do that but I don't know how to create a region map or anything in game so someone else will have to do that.

A bit of a recommendation for region design: I would recommend creating the region with a type of theme in mind. Such as my failed game it was 2 regions, Yin and Yang shaped as the Yin and Yang symbol, water in between and two large lakes at the tip of each region. Region design you can do quite a whole lot with it.

Thats sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking that one half of the region could have a higher altitude than the other with some caves and waterfalls connecting them in the middle, underneath some mountains. And maybe some forests on the north and south side. I dont know what shape to make them though.

Zolt

Pokemon Hacker and Master
    Years
  • Sure. I can do that but I don't know how to create a region map or anything in game so someone else will have to do that.

Thats sounds pretty cool. I'm thinking that one half of the region could have a higher altitude than the other with some caves and waterfalls connecting them in the middle, underneath some mountains. And maybe some forests on the north and south side. I dont know what shape to make them though.
    Well you can always learn too! Also, your idea for the region sounds fantastic so far, I'm sure me or the other team members can help you figure out any questions you have!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Heyo :) Told you I'd pop up to say hey or something. I don't remember.

Gotta say, this has caught my eye and I wish the best of luck. I like the story alot, so I can't wait to play through it. I won't join because I am busy with my own hack and such. So I guess I can give a bit of advice to you guys.

You said that the game has vulgar language and adult content and all the such. Make sure it is tasteful. There is a fine line between something that is tasteful and sorta humourous to something that is immature and off putting.

386 Pokemon is great! Perhaps get your skills in Pokemon data editing flexing by playing around with GH3S and see if you want some changed typings or base stats. You also need to make sure your diffuculty curve and such, is at a steady and fair rate. So don't have overzelious level skips between gyms. Really frustrates any player.

Also, just ask people things sometimes. It never hurts anyone. With that said, my advice and help is just a profile click away. I'll be glad to help you out with advice when needed. Oh, if you want to, I made a Guide that can help sharpen the game design aspects of your hack, you said you liked Game Design aspects, so it'll help(usually don't self promote, unless it is for the good for someone.)

Here is the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329825&page=1

Good luck and all. Remember my help is only a click away.

Zolt

Years
  • Heyo :) Told you I'd pop up to say hey or something. I don't remember.

Gotta say, this has caught my eye and I wish the best of luck. I like the story alot, so I can't wait to play through it. I won't join because I am busy with my own hack and such. So I guess I can give a bit of advice to you guys.

You said that the game has vulgar language and adult content and all the such. Make sure it is tasteful. There is a fine line between something that is tasteful and sorta humourous to something that is immature and off putting.

386 Pokemon is great! Perhaps get your skills in Pokemon data editing flexing by playing around with GH3S and see if you want some changed typings or base stats. You also need to make sure your diffuculty curve and such, is at a steady and fair rate. So don't have overzelious level skips between gyms. Really frustrates any player.

Also, just ask people things sometimes. It never hurts anyone. With that said, my advice and help is just a profile click away. I'll be glad to help you out with advice when needed. Oh, if you want to, I made a Guide that can help sharpen the game design aspects of your hack, you said you liked Game Design aspects, so it'll help(usually don't self promote, unless it is for the good for someone.)

Here is the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329825&page=1

Good luck and all. Remember my help is only a click away.
    Thank you so much for your input! I will definitely check it out! If I have anything to ask I will come to you!

Years
  • Credit Name: Blaziken
    Skills:Basic Scripting (with XSE obviously), and beta testing
    Dedication: 3 hours or so.
    Availability to work on Project:Every day, except Wednesday.
    Why you should be on Team Shadow: I want to learn things and such. Hey, hey, I don't know battle scripting and wild battle scripting, I just know NPCs scripts.

Last edited:

DivineCorruption

Lord of Corruption
    Years
  • I'm just gonna correct your thread on a little mistake.
    In storyline, it's admins not admin's in the after you beat the first gym, blah blah blah.
    Also, First Gym = Not a lot of people beat = Short temper? Lol Not even the third gym like Whitney? *snickers* Looks interesting, will look forward to it.

Zolt

Years
  • Credit Name: Blaziken
    Skills:Basic Scripting (with XSE obviously), and beta testing
    Dedication: 3 hours or so.
    Availability to work on Project:Every day, except Wednesday.
    Why you should be on Team Shadow: I want to learn things and such. Hey, hey, I don't know battle scripting and wild battle scripting, I just know NPCs scripts.
    Hey! I already have a few basic Scripters now.. do you want to learn how to super script so you're more of an asset?

Zolt

Years
    In storyline, it's admins not admin's in the after you beat the first gym, blah blah blah.
    Also, First Gym = Not a lot of people beat = Short temper? Lol Not even the third gym like Whitney? *snickers* Looks interesting, will look forward to it.
    Thanks for the correction (: Also thank you for the compliment and enthusiasm (: We are gonna create the best Hack to date!

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hey Zolt! Just so you know, I got a lot of time. If your titlescreen image is ready, I'll be inserting it super fast ^^ just beep me

Zolt

Years
  • Hey Zolt! Just so you know, I got a lot of time. If your titlescreen image is ready, I'll be inserting it super fast ^^ just beep me
    Ride on thanks, I do have someone starting it (: So I'll beep you soon!

Crystar500

Stressed and Confused
    Years

I wanted the player to go, ".... What the hell? It's the first gym!"

Greninja17

Hacker
    Years
  • Credit Name:Greninja17
    Skills:Overworld spriter and sprite
    Dedication:i love to edit pkm character and make new sprite
    Availability to work on Project:Most of all the time
    Why you should be on Team Shadow:Every team nedd a person to come up with unique sprite to place and i happen to have the talent to do this.

Back