• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Upgrading the FR/LG Overworlds

Kimonas

%string not found
Years
  • Greetings fellow members!

So here's a project I've been working on for the last two months. I always loved to see hacks with unique and colorful graphics and at the same time felt kinda disappointed from the classic good old sprites they were using. The initial goal is to replace all the Overworlds from FR/LG with new ones, inspired from the newer DS games.

Some things to note:

• The OWs are not indexed
    • I'll try updating the thread at least once a week
    • Criticism is greatly appreciated

Now the thread is going to be organized in three sections. Completed sprites, Working Sprites and To-Do Sprites. The titles are self-explanatory. Also I'd like to mention my general procedure. Firstly I want to create a corresponding OW for every one currently in-game. After that I'm going to re-work on the completed ones and make changes or improve some of them. Then I'll be indexing them and if I'll be motivated after that I will import other OW from the later games. So without further ado here we go!

COMPLETED SPRITES:

WORKING SPRITES:

TO-DO SPRITES:

Download

Last edited:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • Wow I like this a lot! Thanks a lot for sharing :)
    So will you be doing the graphic sprites too (like tiles) after characters?

Kimonas

%string not found
    Years
  • Wow I like this a lot! Thanks a lot for sharing :)
    So will you be doing the graphic sprites too (like tiles) after characters?

Meeh, maybe I'll give it a second thought when I'll finish this one but...meeeh :P

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Oh wow, this is amazing! It's perfect for a remake.

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    Sure, I was constantly forgetting to do it. I've made a couple more since then so I'll fully update it in the next days.

No, I mean you edit the link to be able to download.

Remember that since the page was hacked the links do not work

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, what?! These are so, so cool and super good! And you're using the styles of a lot of the sprites I'm using in my hack. Yaaaaaaaaaas

Do you have an estimated completion date? And yes, could you also fix the upload link?

Back