• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Use of the bottom screen

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    In previous games the bottom screen, when not in battle, was used for simple applications that enhanced gameplay. And while the c-gear has a good design and does augment gameplay online, I believe it lacks the ability to augment gameplay offline. I would have loved to see the design incorporate both the new interactive capabilities of the bottom screen as well as the offline capabilities of the poketch.

Is there anybody that feels similarly?

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I agree with you, I wish it had more functionalities. Good thing we still have access to the itemfinder through the bottom screen, but I wish the most useful applications like the Pokemon area locator were still there. I also miss the contests; musicals are boring, but that's a different subject :P.

Cubaser

Cercatori d'Arte
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I agree - I really would have enjoyed seeing more use of the touch screen, too. C Gear was nice, but you didn't use it if you were just playing the game without any outside connections. The entire game could have been a GBA game and little would be lost.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I miss the touchscreen menu that was always there from HGSS, pressing X is annoying, and I have no use for C-Gear.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I miss the touchscreen menu that was always there from HGSS, pressing X is annoying, and I have no use for C-Gear.

Same.

And I never go online so the C Gear is pointless to me. I wish they would have had some apps like in Pearl/Diamond

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    Yeah, I feel like so much of the gameplay is not interactive, so it seems silly to dedicate the entire bottom screen to it.

I can't even get online unless I go out and buy the nintendo wi-fi usb.

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I like pressing the X button though..
    I thought the menu on the bottom was boring and too lazy for me.

Anyways, agreed with most.
    I always thought they would add some applications into it but I like the multi-select option now :)

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • I really liked the touch screen and the Cgear which was more easier to use rather than going to bag and get it, I like it when you get designs on the C Gear they look really cool.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I find the touch screen useless outside of battle now, because I don't have Wi-Fi in my house. It's still useful for telling time, though.

Back