• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using a PAL Wii in the US?

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    So I'm in England and I have a PAL Wii. But I'm going to America for a few weeks soon and I'm wanting to take my Wii with me. Will I be able to play it on an American TV? Or would I need some sort of adapter/different cable to be able to play it?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    So I'm in England and I have a PAL Wii. But I'm going to America for a few weeks soon and I'm wanting to take my Wii with me. Will I be able to play it on an American TV? Or would I need some sort of adapter/different cable to be able to play it?
    I'm pretty sure you can hook up your Wii to a TV in America,

I got a Japanese PS2 and everything is working fine.

I pretty sure the parts are the same as the European, Japanese, American Cords are all the same, so Yah I say you can.

ソラ

Years
    How am I suppose to know that.. I lived in America all my life =/ sooooo my bad for my mistake.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    you also need to get a transformer, since the power plugs are completely different and run on different energy levels....as well as u need a watever the UK uses for video cable-to-RCA adaptor....just dont buy games over in america and expect to play it on a UK wii, like its said above, NTSC is in america, PAL in UK =/

ソラ

Years
    I didn't expect you to know that. I wasn't sure myself until I looked it up. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anything.
    Its totally find, I just figured as much so I said "Im Pretty Sure" meaning im not so sure but im kidna sure soo haha its ok.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    When you get to america go to Radio Shack or w/e and tell them you have an european component that you can't make to work because of the voltage so you need a converter.

That should do the trick :3

For the TV cable, its the same so don't worry about that.

Back