• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using Action Replays/Gamesharks

Pingouin_7

I use save editors to give EV's to my in-game team and bring their level up to about the same levels as the rest of my team.
    That way, I don't have to waste so much time levelling up a lower level team member.

I give them moves that they can legitimately learn as well.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    If I had access to cheating devices, I would try em. And like someone said, who am I to tell others how to play their game, much less me annoyed by how they play? After all, it's a game

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
    In my opinion, it's your choice if you want to use cheats. However, I'm against them. I used cheats and it made the game so easy and boring. So i got rid of my AR.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    It's all their choice, they do what they want to.

But I always save the cheating until post-game, cause if I reeled it in too early, I'd get bored with the game easily. You can say I regretted doing this in the past.

SSJ4Ash

Saiyan Poke-Master
    Years
    I waited till I beat my copy of Platinum (before i sold it) and when I did I only used it to either:
    (A) Make pokemon for people of certain natures, lvls and moves
    (B) Catch the event pokemon {I got my platinum after all of the events were over}

Otherwise I beat everything without using cheats (I had a legitamate Lvl 100 Infernape, he was way to strong for post story stuff)

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
    Years
    I only use cheats after the main storyline (If there's nothing else to do) , usually Pokemon Modifier codes to get Pokemon that I can't normally because Gamefreak apparently thinks that we all have friends and can trade other people so easily :(
    I also sometimes use Pokesav to make Pokemon with LEGIT stats and moves. I think using Pokesav and those devices are fine as long as you're not making a Charizard with 360 HP, 350 Sp.Attack, and just plain Uber stats and moves.

Other than those "cheats", I use the walk through walls code so that I don't gotta use HM's anymore, also to get to places faster, and occasional event codes, because I tend to miss every event.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    To be honest, the only cheat code I use is to make Meowth appear early, as early as the player gets the first Pokeballs. Aside from that, I only use them after I have finished the game, just when playing for fun.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    It doesn't really bother me whether or not people use Action Replays/Gamesharks, seeing as I was once that person a long time ago.

But with that being said, it does bother me if it has anything to do with me, like if they're trading me hacked Pokemon or anything like that, then it's something I have a problem with, but if they're like, making their pokemon level 100 for the hell of it, when why not, that's their business.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
    I don't use cheats during the main story, it erases all the fun of playing in my opinon. I admit during the post game of Platinum I've used a few cheats for events and Pokemon I can't obtain but that's about it :P.

Back