• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Using Pokémon Gaia as a ROMBase

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    I've heard people mentioning the possibility of using Pokémon Gaia as a ROMBase. I have a couple questions about this.
    First, is this an okay thing to do, or would it be considered plagiarism?
    Second, how would you go about setting it up. Would you need special .ini's for certain programs, and how would you set these up?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Spherical Ice has allowed it on the condition that you make the inis and such yourself, as he doesn't want to be bothered on the matter. I think that's pretty fair. Just find out where stuff has been repointed to and you'll be able to generate an ini for yourself.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Spherical Ice has allowed it on the condition that you make the inis and such yourself, as he doesn't want to be bothered on the matter. I think that's pretty fair. Just find out where stuff has been repointed to and you'll be able to generate an ini for yourself.

Pretty much this. But him not wanting to be bothered about it probably extends to all questions related to using Gaia as a rombase.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    Alright, any tips on how to go about finding where data has been repointed too?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2022
    Knowing what a pointer is

I know what a pointer is an address that directs the program to look for certain data at a certain point. I'm just not sure how to find how those pointers have been changed. I'll try to figure it out, though.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I know what a pointer is an address that directs the program to look for certain data at a certain point. I'm just not sure how to find how those pointers have been changed. I'll try to figure it out, though.
    If you have an ini with the original offsets for Fire Red, by searching for the offsets of the pointers in Fire Red, you can see what pointer is at that offset in Gaia. Ie. use the find function in HxD to search for the pointer in Fire Red, mark down the offset it takes you to, and go to that offset in Gaia.

Back