• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

USUM Launch Event at Nintendo NY on 11/17-19

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
togepi-16846.jpg

As you all know, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is coming out next week. Don't you think this obviously warrants a big celebration at launch? Of course! In fact, big launch events for major Pok?mon games isn't new to the folks at Nintendo NY(also/formerly known as the Nintendo World Store). In fact, they announced that they're going to host some activities on November 17th, the day of US/UM's launch, to the 19th, to celebrate the launch of the new Pok?mon games!

I'm not good at embedding twitter links on this site sorry

What activities, you might ask? I don't know, I don't work for them. Is this truly news-worthy? Well, it's a launch event that's probably gonna be big. Not as big as the Super Mario Odyssey launch event, but still. Am I going to be there? I don't have the money for the games, so....Yeah.

But of course, the question is: Are you going to partake in the events? What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
As you all know, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is coming out next week. Don't you think this obviously warrants a big celebration at launch? Of course! In fact, big launch events for major Pok?mon games isn't new to the folks at Nintendo NY(also/formerly known as the Nintendo World Store). In fact, they announced that they're going to host some activities on November 17th, the day of US/UM's launch, to the 19th, to celebrate the launch of the new Pok?mon games!

I'm not good at embedding twitter links on this site sorry

What activities, you might ask? I don't know, I don't work for them. Is this truly news-worthy? Well, it's a launch event that's probably gonna be big. Not as big as the Super Mario Odyssey launch event, but still. Am I going to be there? I don't have the money for the games, so....Yeah.

But of course, the question is: Are you going to partake in the events? What are your thoughts on this?

Most of us on here are not likely going to this event. As much as many of us Love Pokemon. It would be too expensive to visit NY for a weekend

Years
I wish I could go. I love NYC and I haven't been since high school... but alas I work that weekend and my friend's play closes on the 17th so we'll be celebrating with her.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I'm afraid I won't be able to make it (school and being in another state), but I will pick my copy of US up from Gamestop.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Nintendo NY has revealed the details on the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Launch Event! First off, US & UM, along with the Starter Bundles, the Steelbook Duel Pack and the Veteran Trainer's Duel Pack will be available for purchase at the store at 8 AM on their release day! The actual activities will start at the following times:
-Nov. 17th: 5:00 PM EST
-Nov.18th & 19th: 12:00 PM EST
As for the things you can do during the event:
+Take pictures with Pikachu, obviously!
+Giveaways! Who doesn't love those?
+This is just a guess from me and not actually confirmed, but they might have some special merchandise during the event. This has happened before, with shirts and hoodies themed around the Nintendo World Championships being given out during the day of the event and things like special pins being given out during Super Mario Oddyssy's Launch Event.

[SPECULATION] But here's the important part. The part that you REALLY, REALLY need to know if you are actually going to the event: There is going to be a special Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon demo available to play during the event!...Okay, it doesn't actually say that, but it's possible! A member from Nintendo Treehouse will be there as well, possibly to either show the demo off or something else.

Well, for those who've been doubting that there WASN'T gonna be a US/UM special demo thing, you all thought wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
But here's the important part. The part that you REALLY, REALLY need to know if you are actually going to the event: There is going to be a special Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon demo available to play during the event!...Okay, it doesn't actually say that, but it's possible! A member from Nintendo Treehouse will be there as well, possibly to either show the demo off or something else.
Hi, just a quote notification that I'm editing your post to remove the bold and clarify this is speculation. They did not mention a demo anywhere (fb or twitter) so to bold such info and then say it's actually only 'possible' is disingenuous. And given a demo is a huge selling point, and that there have been no demos anywhere yet, it's imo quite unlikely they would have a demo and not mention it.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Hi, just a quote notification that I'm editing your post to remove the bold and clarify this is speculation. They did not mention a demo anywhere (fb or twitter) so to bold such info and then say it's actually only 'possible' is disingenuous. And given a demo is a huge selling point, and that there have been no demos anywhere yet, it's imo quite unlikely they would have a demo and not mention it.

Sorry...Guess I'm not that good at this news stuff, huh? But about the fact that they didn't mention this anywhere: are you talking about the official Pok?mon accounts? Because Nintendo NY did mention the fact that there is a special demo on the Facebook event officially made by them:
IWioaMc.png

I even linked to the event page on the post! But I will also say that yes, it's a little bit weird that they're having a quote-on-quote 'special demo' playable at the event and nowhere else; a demo that they haven't even talked nor make mention about until now.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Special demo of the game with a member is actually kinda vague; they don't say it's playable, so it could just be a presentation by the Treehouse member showing off the game.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Special demo of the game with a member is actually kinda vague; they don't say it's playable, so it could just be a presentation by the Treehouse member showing off the game.

Yeah, it's probably that. Also, I've seen the news article you guys made. It's at least good to know that the information I've given here is actually being put to good use! :>

Back