• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.::Utopia - A RP::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    He glanced at the door again, somewhat irritated that he had previously linked his mailbox (yes, a physical mailbox, even when he had long given up on letters) to the computer system. The annoying little box at the bottom right of the screen had insisted on flashing continously until he just had to obey and retrieve that letter.

Immediately after removing it, he was about to toss it away when he noticed the emblem on it. The symbol seemed familiar somehow... he realised it was the same symbol he stared at every day while waiting for the system to load up. The Utopia logo.

This was interesting. He brought it in to open it. Apparently a special invitation, which was usually a disguise for "We urgently need a new public face, so we're picking people at random to represent us for the reporters and assuring the public that we're perfectly safe". Probably meant good food, and maybe some insight into the workings of the game.

He picked up his disc. A collection of his editing and a back-up of his character. One that he had laboured long over; not a normal character but slightly edited. This was probably illegal, but maybe that was why he was selected.

The family was away on vacation for a while. No contact. Perfect. He would be back before they returned.

Without borthering to leave a note, he picked up his apparatus, as much money as he dared carry, a change of clothes, and left the house for the local airport. Just a few hours, and he would be in Japan. And, who could forget the great crusine they serve in airplanes?

(Note: Character is slightly wierd. XD)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    <OOC>Miyu, that sounds too rapid. I mean you just can?t go like that after reading your letter. *CC suggests you be a bit slower, edit your post* and Oh! Did you receive my PM.</OOC>

Ritchie jumped around in ectasy and read the letter once more

"Master Sierra

We have been noticing your wonderful game playing skills in our online game 'Utopia' and are extremely pleased to inform you that you have been chosen from more than 200,000 members as one of the top utopia players all around the globe. I, Takahashi Korekiyo, creator of Utopia have developed a new real-life version of Utopia where players can REALLY experience what it is like, to be in the game. You, along with 7 other top players will represent us by entering this reality program. If you are willing, board our private plane which will be waiting in your airport. Enclosed is the pass and your identity card, please bring it along with you to the ariport.

Sincerely,
    Korekiyo Takahashi
    Game designer of Utopia"

He was extremely pleased with himself as he strode out of the room confidently towards his parent?s who were having their dinner and thrust the letter in his mother?s hands.

Having read the contents his mother muttered something and said coldly, ?SO??.

An enraged Ritchie started screaming, ?What do you mean ?SO?? This is my opportunity of a lifetime, I?ve gotta go to Tokyo and win this challenge and make a name for myself.?.

~ CC

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    ((OOC - Yeah, I recieved your PM... <<; And my post corresponds to my RP sample, so in a sense, it is *not* too fast. ;p

BTW, did you alter my letter? o.O; ))

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Miyu-chan said:
    ((OOC - Yeah, I recieved your PM... <<; And my post corresponds to my RP sample, so in a sense, it is *not* too fast. ;p

BTW, did you alter my letter? o.O; ))

Okay, I understand, I will post my next part today.

Yeah, I did alter your letter and made it more suitable for my style.LOL!

~ CC

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    OOC: Hmm, is this too fast? I guess I can slow it down XD.

"All passengers for the flight to Japan: We are expecting some delays. We apologise for any difficulties and will try to shorten the waiting time. Thank you for flying with us."

How disappointing- now that he had rushed here, he was starting to have second thoughts about it. The ticket had proved valid enough, but now he was stuck in a departure hall while the airplane was taking such a long time to start-up. The lag was really too much for him.
    He looked for a computer terminal. Anywhere. That way, he could continue his quest in leeching money off unsuspecting villagers and selling them cheap metal.
    The computer did have the resources he needed, so he logged on. However, there was a notice:
    Your character has been suspended for the time being while it is being synchronised with our system. This is to ensure that upon your arrival we are able to provide you with as accurate an experience as possible. Thank you.

Infurated, he logged out and sulked the time away.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    ?Look here Ritchie, I?ll be 100% frank with you. You spend your whole day on that goddam game and completely neglect everything ? your studies, homework, sports and everything else. You?ll become a game monster if you continue to do this?, his mother said calmly but in a commanding tone.

Ritchie?s blood boiled and he found absolutely nothing to say. He rushed to his room, took the back pack which he had so carefully filled the past hour and moved towards the drawing room. ?It?s my fu cking life and I?ll do what I like, so both of you shut up. I not gonna be here one more second?, he screamed and rushed out of the room. (<OOC> Sorry for the bad language but this is common in a lot of homes and I want my character to be as realistic as possible</OOC>

He moved outta the house in a second and started running to the next street counting the money he had in his pocket. He could hear his father and mother shouting behind him asking him to return and he could sense his father moving behind him, trying to catch him but he was too fast.

He got on to a moving bus without even caring to see it?s number and path.?Gimme a ticket ? Nelson Mandela Airport and better ask the driver to step on it?, he said solemnly to the conductor who was staring at him. After 30 minutes he checked his watch and re-read the letter which he had safely tucked into his pocket. ?Oh! Well?, he exclaimed to himself. ?I?m right on time, hope my plane is there just where they said it would be?

<OOC > Sorry for the long post but I needed to catch up with miyu and I?m a bit dramatic in situations like this</OOC>

~ CC

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    "All passengers for the flight to Japan: We are expecting some delays. We apologise for any difficulties and will try to shorten the waiting time. Thank you for flying with us."

Alexia sighed when she heard the loud-speaker. So much for eagerly wondering what adventures she would encounter... she thought sarcastically.

She went to a nearby computer as well and signed on, getting Your character has been suspended for the time being while it is being synchronised with our system. This is to ensure that upon your arrival we are able to provide you with as accurate an experience as possible. Thank you.

Would something like this stop Alexia in her tracks? She smirked slightly, signing in with a different character; not as powerful, but it'll do.

She played the hours away, emmersed in her fantasy world...

((OOC - CC, drama is a good thing, no need for Sorrys. =3))

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    OOC: Uhhh... two things I'm wondering about.
    1) Where's everyone? I thought... about 7 people signed up?
    2) Possibly, we could start the adventure?
    --
    Totally fed up with the computers and the delay and everyone, Nic was still waiting at the departure hall.

Then, he saw something from the large window- it appeared to be an airplane approaching. The airplane from Madagasca (OOC: a.k.a. random location :P). That was where his family had gone, wasn't it?

He had a look at his watch, with a small calendar equipped. Good, his family would not be back from about... a week or so. Enough for a meeting overseas.

Then, he noticed something. His watch appeared not to be moving. How did he not realise?! The time must have passed faster than he thought. Turning to the person next to him, he inquired about the date.

Yes, the worse possible things can happen at any time. They had just returned. And he was stuck here, without leaving a note for them, without letting them know what had happened to him.

Years

Online alias/name: Doreiku

Real personality: In real life, Drake is a loner, never participated in any activities or got involved with others apart from when he is around his two closest friends, Adam and Tory. Though intelligent, Drake would not show so through anything but his school work and knowledge of History and Myths. He is kind and caring and though he may not look it, enjoys a laugh now and again, but getting on his bad side, would be like trying to wrestle a dashing bull, it is fatal, as when his temper rises, he will not stop himself from going on a rampage.

Online personality: Doreiku, unlike his real life self, is quite talkative and strategic. He still possesses the intelligence his real life self did, but he prefers to show it to whoever may ask for his knowledge and advice. Doreiku can be very serious and strict when it comes to battles and fatal positions, he prefers a well planned out attack, than he does a full out attack on aware opponents. Overall, Dorkeiu is a mix of both his real life self and his imagination.

Rank/Race: Beast Man

Stats/Abilities: Doreiku has no special abilities as such, though as many has the ability to speak to animals.

Online Appearance: Doreiku is mostly covered in long brown fur. He has deep emerald eyes and sharp pointed fangs which are viewable pointing out over her bottom lip, sometimes drawing blood when he speaks. Around his chest is a leather belt, which holds a silver pointed spear at his back

Clothing: https://www.trussel.com/prehist/crump/bl54a.jpg

Online History: Lives in the deep forests out of way of humans and always have. He does not like to be called a freak or anything others might call him before they have gotten to know him. Doreiku has never understood why people judge others by their look and not personality, and thus he has retreated to the forests because of such a thing.

RPG/Writing Sample: Do I have to?

Have you read the rules? Of course!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    <OOC> Do we live in the same town or anything because I felt I live in S.Africa (Nelson Man Airport), so no delays. I think I also do have a private jet waiting for me.LOL!
    </OOC>

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    OOC: Yeah, 7 people signed up; but they must be lazy to post. n_n; I?ll PM them? ;-;
    And I?ll start with the adventure? <<; And btw, RD... In! =3 Great sign-up, as usual... x3
    CC, are you getting your RP mixed up with mine? xD No, we come from all over the world, btw. =p

IC: ?Attention all passengers, flight 870 to Japan has arrived and is departing in a hour, Attention ? ?

Alexia looked up from Utopia, that couldn?t be her flight, could it? As she signed off, she dug her ticket out of her Jansport backpack. Indeed it was? And check in started half a hour ago.

Panicked, Alexia ran toward gate 7, where the flight was supposed to be departing. She handed the boarding pass to a stewardress, and nearly tripped over the entrence.

"Okay, at least I'm on time..." she muttered to herself as she squeezed past an oversized, middle age woman. As she finally settled in her seat, and tucked her backpack securely in front, one thing occured to her.

Oh shoot... I always get sick on airplanes...

Last edited:

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
    He pretty much had no choice, since it was time to leave.
    Maybe, they will just think he ran away from home. In a sense, this was true. Once they landed in Japan, he would try to get in touch with them to explain. Of course, a scolding over the phone was much easier to bear than one face to face.
    Taking a last look backwards, he boarded the aircraft waiting for him. There wasn't much luggage with him, so he didn't have to worry about anything getting lost.

Just a few hours more... hopefully they could wait... and not call the police yet.

Years
    OOC- Thanks Miyu ^_^

IC-

?Drake, Drake, Drakedy, Drake!?

The small mousey haired girl bounced repeatedly at the end of the double bed, singing out of tune and clapping her hands together in the most annoying of fashion. Her yells grew louder as time passed to the point where the sleeping brunet could take no more.

?What!? He yelled, sitting up straight in his bed, a look of pure annoyance plastered upon his features ?What the heck do you want Kay?! How many times have I told you not to wake me up on the weekends?? His face had turned an extraordinary colour of red and his eyes were to the point of popping.

The small girl did not look startled though, in fact, she was grinning mischievously as if she had completed a task worthy of an award. She jumped off the bed and walked around so that her face was inches from the older ?Mom said you gotta go down stairs now or she?ll come up and drag you out of bed?

Drake snorted ?So?? He turned his back on the young girl and dragged the quilt over his head ?Tell her if its Kai asking if I?m going to town today tell her to tell him that I?m going out with dad? Came his muffled reply from under the quilts.

?But you aren?t? Kay stated, pulling on the white sheet ?Besides, that?s not what I came up to tell you anyways. Mom said that a letter has come from you and she wants you down there now to open it, it has fancy stamp and everything and it can?t be anything from school because she knows what that looks like. So you better get your lazy butt out of bed now? She grabbed a hold of the sheet and dragged it off of the boys frame.

?Why you little??The boy sprang to his feet and a yell echoed its way through the house as Kay ran for the stair to try and escape the rampaging teen ?Mommy!!!? She yelled, dashing down the wooden steps and out into the kitchen, quickly taking shelter behind her mother?s legs.

Drake slid barefoot into the kitchen and came to a halt as his mothers glare became viewable to him. He looked behind her legs only to see his brat of a sister poking her tongue out and shaking her head back and forth in triumph. Drake responded by poking his own tongue out before looking up at his mother ?She started it?

?Did not?

?Did too?

?Did not!?

?Did too!?

?I did not!!!?

The mother shook her head and handed the letter to the eldest ?This came for you not long ago. Open it and find out what it is?

Drake accepted the letter and tore the envelope open as soon as it touched his palm; he unfolded the piece of paper that was present inside of it. He tossed the envelope to the floor, not noticing his mothers glare and scanned through the letter hastily, his eyes raking back and forth.

?Jesus??

?Drake? His mother stated warningly.

?God, listen to this mom:

Master ?Doreiku?,
    we are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of the fantastic gamers from the 100,000 gamers that make up the community of Utopia. You, along with 8 others have a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience Utopia for real. I am the game designer, Takahashi Korekiyo. I have developed a kind of virtual reality that *is* reality. Enclosed is a round-trip ticket to Tokyo, Japan, where I await your presence.

Sincerely,
    Korekiyo Takahashi
    Game designer of Utopia

He looked hopefully up at his mother and out on his best puppy dog eyes ?Please can I go mom, please, you have to let me go!?

She sighed ?I?m not very happy about leaving a boy of your age go unsupervised to such a far off place Drake?

?Mom, this is a one in a life time opportunity, please, you have to let me go!?

?Ok, but on one condition, you have to clean your room when you get back and, you also have to clean out the attic?

?Deal!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back