• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.::Utopia - A RP::.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Miyu-chan has a RP again~ this was made up before I went to bed, so if it sounds weird, don?t blame me. >.>; Hope that you all will join. xD Based slightly on a Case Closed movie I saw.

---Rules of this RP---

1. You don?t have to post everyday, at least once every 3 days. Just enough so that you?ll be able to keep up with the storyline. Don?t join if you can?t keep up.
    2. I have the right to kick you out, either it be because of poor skills [I doubt it, considering where we are. xD] or long absences. I will PM you if you have a warning.
    3. No power-playing!!! [Controlling another character?s actions, thoughts, facial expressions, et cetera. If you?re unsure if you?re power playing or not, PM me!!!! =O
    4. Follow all RP forum rules. [Duh~ ;D]
    5. Have fun! n____________n

---Story of Utopia---

The setting is in the modern world of today, where several teenagers are drawn into the internet fantasy world of Utopia, the place where you can be what you want to be, where you want to be. Utopia is an amazingly detailed internet RP, where you combat with demons to gain status throughout the world.

One day, 8 teenagers, who have proven themselves to be the utmost warriors, mages, and spell casters are invited by the game designer to a place where they can actually ?go? inside the game, a dream dreamt by many.

However, after they?ve went inside, the game designer realizes something fatal about the virtual reality world. There is no way out of the game. The only way out is from inside, but it is exceedingly difficult. Will these youth find a way out? Will these youth be able to travel to the forest of immorality? Will they be able to defeat the challenges set for them?

---Places in Utopia---

Falkville ? Where you begin your journey. A town of average size, budding in economy. Your pleasant hometown that hides a dark secret?

Port of Arisea ? A large metropolis that is also an export/import dock. Bad air quality, and a crowded population. It is a very gloomy city.

City of Arisea ? 10 mile distance from the port. It is residence to the royal family. It is a very beautiful and pleasant capital city.

The Sea of Arisea ? It is a large sea that separates the town of Eden from the port. Filled with fiends, monsters, sirens that enchant the men to join them in the deep?

Town of Eden ? A haven which is kept safe, even though it is located on the outskirts of the forest of immortality. A place to prepare momentarily before the final battle?

Forest of Immortality ? The forest that hoards a kingdom of malevolence? It is your duty to obliterate the evil once and for all. Not a easy task though?

---Ranks/Races in Utopia---

Only two of each can be chosen!!! I like diversity, mwahaha... xD

Spell caster/Mage ? A human who devoted his/her life to studying the magic arts. Knows defensive magic, offensive magic, and more. Use your creativity. Could be female or male of any appearance. Has average defense and offense. [both taken]

Elves ? An entirely different race. Skilled in magic and some form of light weaponry. Slender and of light coloring. Average offense, low defense, ability to restore magic quickly. Could be female or male. [both taken]

Beast-man ? Only male ones exist. As the title suggests, they are hybrids of beast and men. Created from an accident in the forest, they seek revenge. Are strictly warriors, wielding swords, axes, all that good stuff. High offense, high defense, low HP. [one taken]

Humans ? Male of Female, ranging of different appearances. Strictly warriors or healers. Stats range from their area of expertise. [both taken]

---Sign-up form---

Online alias/name: [could be different or same as real name]
    Gender: [female or male, no transgender or bi-gender people please.]
    Real personality: [optional]
    Online personality: [required or else. *glares* Well for those who are confused, your online personality is basically your personality throughout the whole RP.]
    Rank/Race: [Choose from the above, only 2 of each can be chosen, so if 2 people before you chose the same race, pick another one.]
    Stats/Abilities: [Defense, offense, special powers, that kind of stuff. No ultra powerful characters.]
    Real Appearance: [optional]
    Online Appearance: [Your appearance throughout the RP. Think about what your race would wear.]
    Real History: [optional]
    Online History: [Like, make up a story about you online character! =3]
    RPG/Writing Sample: [optional, if I never saw you RP before though? It?s required. n_n; ]
    Have you read the rules? [Required]

Long form, I know? but bear with me! xD; *prays that people would join* Well, if you cross out the optional ones, there?s only 8 catagories, and the last one is easy. xD *bribes everyone with a pretty pony*

---my signup---

Online alias/name: Blythe
    Real personality: Very shy, often spends her time on the internet. Dreams often about going into Utopia, confuses reality with fantasy. Very easily confused, has a great imagination.
    Online personality: Outgoing and optimistic, loves to talk and express her feelings. She is very compassionate and intelligent, though she seems na?ve and childish at times.
    Rank/Race: Spell caster/Mage
    Stats/Abilities: Blythe/Alexia specializes in high offensive fire magic, with a bit of healing. She has low defense.
    Real Appearance: Deathly pale. [From spending all her time in front of the computer], and skinny. Almost has a beautiful, unearthly appearance. Has long, straight black hair that reaches down to her ankles and large brown eyes. Petite.
    Online Appearance: Wears a plain white robe, with a brown leather belt, set with a ruby in the middle. She has East Asiatic features, but with wavy, long platium blond hair and orangish-red eyes that seem to glow. She?s petite and slender. She wields a staff, made of dark red wood, toppled with a orange orb, with a red flame flickering in the center of the orb.
    Real History: Alexia?s parents were divorced at a young age, she has always been ashamed of this, and thus shutting herself in Utopia. She had never even saw her father before. She lives with her mother and little brother.
    Online History: In Utopia, Blythe was born to a pair of loving parents, both specializing in magic. They pushed her to her limits, to train her for the battle. Fairly normal life in Utopia.
    RPG/Writing Sample: [I?ll write an example for you all. xD Doesn?t have to be this long though? xD]
    ?Why do you have to do this to me?!? Alexia cried out, her heart feeling like it was going to shatter.
    ?Alexia, be reasonable,? Her mother replied sternly. ?You spend too much time on that? Utopi-something. You?re completely neglecting your schoolwork!? she shouted, trying to make herself clear.
    Alexia raised her head, looking straight into the eyes of her mother, looking so much like her own eyes. ?Utopia is my life, *mother*,? she said coldly. ?Without it, I?m no one. You?ll never understand.? She said, trying to regain her composure. But still, cries broke free.
    ?Stop trying to determine my life for me!? she finally shrieked, brown eyes glowing in an almost unearthly manner.
    She turned her back on her mother and went into her room, slamming it with all her rage.
    I can?t believe mother would do this to me, that she would not let me go to this invitation! A chance to experience Utopia for real! she thought angrily, sitting on her bed.
    She buried her head in the pillow, while suddenly a thought shook her. ?Why do I have to abide by mother?s rules?? she said aloud, a possessed grin materializing on her face.
    ?I?ll go anyways; she?s no one to stop me.? She said softly, packing some stuff into her backpack.
    Have you read the rules? Of course, I wrote them. xD

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
  • Yay for Miyu-Ness, this RPG sounds amazingly too good. It?s going to rock ? I can promise you that. I?ve improved much now and don?t worry about Power playing (just forget that word). You got the basic idea of this from Ragnarok didn?t ya? Hey by the way, what do I do with my pony. *Tries to cut and eat it.LOL!*

Ritchie.S

Online alias/name::
    Sierra

Male

Real personality::
    An extremely friendly guy who makes friends very easily. Is very creative and can think up of some amazing things, his creativity has helped him achieve a lot in Utopia. Is also an Utopic addict who goes and plays the game without his parent?s permission. He is sharp and can come up plans and stratergies for all occasions. He is a very determined young man who never gives-up his thoughts or beliefs for anyone or anything and always fights till the end.

Online personality::
    Really intelligent and prefers winning battles using stratergies instead of brute force. He is very fast and can cast spells in a blink of the eye. Does not like to talk to people and waste his time, just wants to carry on with his mission until he finishes it. He is very loyal to those who help him achieve his goal and rewards them almost always in cash or kind. He is very surly and gets angry very soon so many players prefer staying out of his way as his temper may have a devastating effect on them.

Rank/Race::
    Mage/Spell Caster

Stats/Abilities::
    Sierra is good in both defense and offense though his defense is his main strength. He likes to use a combination of these to win his battles. He can heal himself pretty well and is strongest in the element of darkness, which he loves to use to his advantage.

Real Appearance::
    Is quite tall and lanky. His complexion pretty much resembles that of sandalwood. He has long legs and uses them to run fast. He was silky blonde hair which he is very proud of and his eyes are fiery red which enables him to give out a deadly stare. He looks bright always and people are attracted to him though it?s not because of his beauty.

Online Appearance::
    Wears long black robes which make him blend perfectly with the night and use his powers easily. Has a long, white, gleaming staff made of silver which has a roundish shining orb at it?s top. He can change the color of his staff to black and then he can cast spells without anyone noticing it.

Is of medium height and has long silver hair. His eyes are hazel in color and never reveal any of his feelings. His complexion is white and that?s the only thing he hates because it doesn?t allow him to blend more with his favorite element.

Real History::
    Ritchie is the only son of 2 loving but no-nonsense parents who are very possessive of him. He hates this very much and tries his best to avoid them and do stuff against them. His only relief in life is Utopia as it allows him to be free and independent. From his very childhood, he has been brought up in a very orthodox family and this has completely curbed all his rights.

Online History::
    Even Sierra himself doesn?t know much of his story. His mother, a powerful mage fell in love and married a human who ran away. Enraged and disgusted with this she killed herself. Sierra who became an orphan was brought up by a friendly mage called Roshtaro who gave him full independency to do anything and due to this Sierra attached himself to dark arts striving to excel in them.

RPG/Writing Sample:: You?ve seen my Revolution of Secrets haven?t you? Anyway I solemnly swear not to power-play

Have you read the rules? Yup, I just have.

~ CC

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Oooh, great sign-up CC! =3 In! But about your on-line history, mages are humans too though... o.o; But it doesn't matter, in! xD

*hands CC a pretty pony*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • OOC: D'oh! Mages always get taken when there's a limit. XD

Online alias/name: Anoren Nerona
    Real personality: Silent, calm. He's almost always seeking to get away from the main action, and get home to his computer, where he can be his true self online.
    Online personality: The polar oposite of his normal personality. A joker, a party animal, a wild spirit, he doesn't reflect the quiet reserved personality of most of elvenkind, fitting in better with tavern brawlers than he would with elven artisans.
    Rank/Race: Elf
    Stats/Abilities: He calls himself a spellsword. He uses his magical abilities to augment his physical ones, relying on his magic to increase his power in a fight, but also relying heavily on the light armor and weapons he has.
    Real Appearance: [optional]
    Online Appearance: A light unic of steel grey material, and plain pants. That's usually hidden beneath elven scale-mail armor, light, but offfering a decent protection. His skin is pale, and his hair is a pale silver-blond.his eyes are a steel grey, though at times they have hints of blue to them, and he stands short for an elf, but still tal compared to most humans.
    Real History: [optional]
    Online History: Anoren was never one made to be with his own kind. Considered strange by the elves for his personality, it was at some point speculated that he was part human, though it was only a rumor. He took off to the human cities, and immidiately fit in, after a few incidents in taverns, in which cases he sent the offenders home with a few broken bones, before buying the next round for everyone. Afterwards, they seemed to accept him readily, which isn't really a suprise.
    RPG/Writing Sample: [optional, if I never saw you RP before though? It?s required. n_n; ]
    Have you read the rules? If I bothered to join an RP as good as this, of course I'd read the rules. :p

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    Online alias/name: Beyman
    Real personality: Prefers his own little fantasy worlds to the real one. Thus, he spends almost every waking hour in the game.
    Online personality: Whereas Seth is dreamy and out-of-it, Beyman is down-to-earth and grounds himself in the concrete laws of the game. He's analytical and never given over to flights of fancy.
    Rank/Race: Elf
    Stats/Abilities: Beyman is given more over to offense than defense, with mastery of almost any given light weapon. His magical abilities are negligible compared to his skill with weapons.
    Real Appearance: Scrawny, pale, and malnourished.
    Online Appearance: Beyman looks the consumate elven warrior, with light scale-mail armor, shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes, and a green cloak. He's of above-average height for an elf, of average height for a human and whip-slender. Carries his favored weapon, nunchoku at his waist, opposite a handcrossbow and quiver of quarrels.
    Real History: Teasing in middle school made Seth withdraw from the real world. Enough said about that.
    Online History: Beyman recieved training from his father, the weapons master of his family, one of the noble elven Houses. After his family was massacred in a war, he dropped his last name and left to make what living he could as a bodyguard and guide.
    RPG/Writing Sample: I assume you've seen me RP.
    Have you read the rules? Of course.

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    OOC: Okay, both are you are in. xD *hands them ponies* *can't believe that people are joining* xDDD

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    MC, since there are very less members with access to this forum, I suggest you personally send out PM's to members to join. That's the only way.

*Tries to ride Pony but falls, Chases MC around with a broomstick*

~ CC

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • *cry* MAGE ;-; I'll make a different character than SPP XD (I just realized...we do not have age o.O)

Online alias/name: Kami-chan (or just Kamiyo)
    Real personality: Kamiyo, at first impression, is extremely shy yet observant. She delves herself in mountains of books and knowledge is really what she craves, being the curious and intelligent student she is. Her disposition is sweet and caring, but she tends to get a bit anti social and can't seem to fit in. WIth her hidden childilike simplicity, it's no wonder Kamiyo is such an enigma to the majority.
    Online personality: Kami is a tad bit more outgoing than her formal self. She actually knows how to laugh, and is enthusiastic about everything she meets. Her mind is a little scholar- she can process information rapidly and effeciently. She loves learning things about Utopia and is rather optimistic and benevolent to all. If, however, one embarasses or angers her, Kami will turn into the shy girl again.
    Rank/Race: human / healer
    Stats/Abilities: She can heal minor injuries and ailments, usually shown through a glow of luminous light emmitted from her hands. ALthough a human, she can run pretty fast.
    Real Appearance: n/a
    Online Appearance: Lush, straight braids of shimmering violet and black is tied up within a single strand of white ribbon, bangs swept over to the right, nearly covering one of her clear indigo optics. She wears a loose white shirt with dangling sleeves, with a more slender middle, curving down. A spray of navy blue dress barely reaches her knees. Kami wears ordinary shoes, partially covered by the socks she pulls up (but keeps falling down). Drops of sparkling aquamarine crusted with silver serves as earrings.
    Real History: Parents always used to venture home late, tired from the work they had to do to support their only daughter, who hoped to become a scientist one day. Depressed from the lack of attention she received, the girl decided to try out the new game, Utopia.
    Online History: Raised in Falkville by a kind elder, Kamiyo saw through his eyes of appreciation, but at least finally got to hang around with other players her age.
    RPG/Writing Sample: Must I? XD
    Have you read the rules? Uh huh =3

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Chrono Cr@cker said:
    MC, since there are very less members with access to this forum, I suggest you personally send out PM's to members to join. That's the only way.

*Tries to ride Pony but falls, Chases MC around with a broomstick*

~ CC
    Just like you did, ne? n_n; But I'm a bit shy... >>; Okay, if no one joins till tommorrow, I'll go round up people. xD

And, Lily ish in~ xD *hands a pretty pony* Sorry 'bout the mage shortage. *sheepish grin*

I know that we don't have age. *just did* ;_; Oh well... n_n;;;;;;

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Sorry for the double posting, but I'm just bumping this up since I moved it. n_n;;;

Kurosaki

What the heck? Even though it's gonna take me hours to fill out that form, XD

Online alias/name: Aurus
    Real personality:
    Online personality: Easy-going, and sometimes a little clumsy. Aurus usually likes to avoid conflict, and usually doesn't fight unless something dear to him is in danger, and once he has his mind set on something, there is no way he'll turn back. He is also very honest, and likes to tease those around him. Last but not least, he can sometimes be flirty around girls. He also likes to collect rare treasures. His online personality reflects that of his real personality. Some wonder how he became so good with his personality.
    Rank/Race: Human
    Stats/Abilities: A warrior with very little knowledge of healing, Aurus utilizes a rapier for combat. He also has the knowlege of how to wield similar classes of sword, but prefers the rapier overall.
    Real Appearance:
    Online Appearance: Aurus is tall and slender, standing at around 5'11" if you were comparing him to a real person. He has short, spiked, white hair, and navy blue eyes. He wears a white robe, sky blue coloured flames waving across the bottom half. The robe also has a white hood attatched. In close quarter combat however, one would assume it would be difficult to evade your opponents attacks in such wear. This is true, and during combat, he throws off his robe to reveal a white kimono, no protection what so ever. Some say he's crazy, and he probably is.
    Real History:
    Online History: A mysterious traveller from the North, Aurus spent his childhood travelling with his familly, until they were killed off by an unknown force. He was then forced to travel alone, barely surviving.
    RPG/Writing Sample: Must I? XD
    Have you read the rules? No, I read them twice! =D

Is that good xx

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Well, I wanted to let those who had less experience to improve. xD; *and to get more members...* >>;

And David, you're in. xD; Sorry 'bout the long sign-up... and 'bi-gender'...

Well, I translated it directly from Chinese... <<; Or were you suggesting that you wanted to be two genders? *remembers* n_n;
    And by your 'on-line' history, I kinda meant your upbringing as a human warrior, et cetera. xD;

Kurosaki

Well, I wanted to let those who had less experience to improve. xD; *and to get more members...* >>;

And David, you're in. xD; Sorry 'bout the long sign-up... and 'bi-gender'...

Well, I translated it directly from Chinese... <<; Or were you suggesting that you wanted to be two genders? *remembers* n_n;
    And by your 'on-line' history, I kinda meant your upbringing as a human warrior, et cetera. xD;
    I just wondered what bi-gender meant, tis all ^^;;

Gomen, I was in a rush when I filled it out, and I'm sleepy now. ==;

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    It's okay. n_n;;; Don't hurt your health by staying up too late though. o.O;

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
  • *shrug*
    I think you have a typo under the defination of Beast-man... XD...

Online alias/name: Quetzalcoatl
    Real personality: Always bored 24-7, to the point that he is bored of the current state of being; i.e. boredom.
    Online personality: Relaxed and non-chalant. Can't be borthered to do anything at any time unless absolutely necessary. There is an exception, however. If it is for personal gain, he doesn't mind getting to work. Especially if money is involved. Has long since forgotten about his grudge against mankind, in favour of commercial profits.
    Rank/Race: Beast-man.
    Stats/Abilities: Heavy armour to make up for the low HP. Is able to lug them all around and still move and a relatively fast rate. When preparing for battle, looks just like a heap of scrap metal. Has rust and blood painted on with red/brown paint to look stylish. Most of the armour is spikey, and usually he can't be borthered to actually do precise killing, so he just runs and tends to squish or impale the target. Has two long spikes held in the hands that protrude from small slits in the hand armour.
    Real Appearance: Thin, geeky looking kid who looks like he really needs a good beating.
    Online Appearance: Mostly covered with long white fur. Pretty much like an ape, but people don't say so around him. Nothing much can be seen underneath, so it serves the purpose of protecting his modesty. When preparing for battle, you can't see much under the thick metal armour. Occasionally, he leaves the longer hair on the head streaming from the back of the helmet, but tucks it in elsewhere to prevent it from obstructing his purpose.
    Online History: Left the forests and entered the towns to find work. For someone like him, it's easy to get a job as an iron worker, as long as he manages to convince the people in the town that he's perfectly safe, wouldn't hurt a fly. If he can't, then the armour he wears usually deflects the arrows and stuff launched at him. Has to move from town to town sometimes, because he tends to kill people who refuse to pay up.
    RPG/Writing Sample: Have you seen me RP before? If you haven't, just tell me.
    Have you read the rules? Yes.

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Great sign-up! In. =3

And typo?! O.o; Where? *goes look*

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    This is a really amazing RPG and I badly want it started. MC, you should invite 2 people to join this. If you want I can call 2 of my friends who are good Role-Players but I think you know better.

*CC's waiting*

~ CC

Miyu-chan

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    ((OOC - If you know someone who's willing to be a beast-man, sure! ;P And I'll start now...))

IC -

Miss ?Blythe?,
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of the fantastic gamers from the 100,000 gamers that make up the community of Utopia. You, along with 8 others have a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience Utopia for real. I am the game designer, Takahashi Korekiyo. I have developed a kind of virtual reality that *is* reality. Enclosed is a round-trip ticket to Tokyo, Japan, where I await your presence.

Sincerely,
    Korekiyo Takahashi
    Game designer of Utopia

Alexia reread her letter again, fingering the plane ticket between her long, pale fingers. She was sitting in a cab, which she had called using the money she acquired from her job as a McDonalds worker last summer.

?So, why are you going to the San Francisco International Airport by yourself?? the taxi driver asked kindly, trying to make pleasant conversation.

?To visit a friend.? Alexia replied bluntly. It was the truth, sort of. To visit her friends in Utopia? But without inquiring my mother for permission, in fact, we had a little squabble. She thought inwardly, feeling a little guilt, but she shook it off. Her mother would never understand how she felt?
    The driver nodded knowingly, and left Alexia to her silent musings.
    She looked in her wallet, only 20 dollars and my ATM card left? she thought to herself, her ATM card could last a while, several hundred was in there?

?Okay we?re here. The fee is 20 dollars.? The taxi driver said cheerfully, a smile on his face. Alexia handed him the 20 dollars grudgingly. I should have taken the bus? she thought momentarily, but she was on a schedule. Alexia grabbed her backpack filled with some snacks and spare clothing; she was wearing a sweatshirt, a jacket, jeans, sneakers, so she should be fine with outside clothing.

She stepped through the sliding doors of SF International Airport, thinking about the adventure she?ll encounter?

[OOC: So errr yeah, have your character arrive at the airport and depart. xD;]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back