• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] V18 how do you add your own status conditions?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    So in my fan game I really wanted to add a sound type which I successfully did making all the graphics etc. But I couldn't figure out how to add a new status condition! I wanted to add deaf as the type I added was sound type and so some attacks would inflict the opponent with the deaf status condition. But I really just can't figure out how to do it in the script I already made a tun of stuff for the condition in PBStatuses and Battler_Statuses but I don't know how to actually give you the effect (which is a 50% chance for the Pokemon to not attack since it "couldn't hear the trainer") thank you in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Are you working with V17 or V18?

I'd look at how Paralysis is defined and add something like
    Code:
    if move.isSoundMove? && rand(2)<1
    instead of the regular Paralysis effect.

But my question is where would that be in the code because I tried to find something that would help but all people were talking about was PokeBattle_BattleEffects which isn't in version 18.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Hey Cheese Master,
    could you maybe add all the lines of code you already implemented, to the post. That'd make it a lot easier to help you. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    That's some good ground work you got there, here is the rest you need:
    Battler_Statuses:
    Spoiler:
    BattleHandlers_Abilities:
    Spoiler:
    If there is anything else I can help with, be sure to ask. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Thanks Turn20Negate! Though I'm still wondering how to actually make it only do the move 50% of the time?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    To get a random variance into the status condition add this code above "# Infatuation" in the Script section "Battler_UseMove_SuccessChecks":
    Spoiler:
    Then replace or complement this function:
    Spoiler:
    While we're at it, you could also implement the healing text for the status already:
    Spoiler:
    If any further problems arise just point them out again. I'm happy to help. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Just one more question, so I tested it out and it worked perfectly! Except instead of putting the deaf effect beside the Pokémon's name and health it put poison (psn instead of def) and I did add a deaf graphic to the status condition line but it didn't use that.

Back