• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [v4.2 Out!] Pokémon Radiant Version!

Swdfm

Game Developer
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Announcement:

I have some news regarding this game. There is some bad news and good news.
    I have been working on Radiant on and off for nearly six years now, and it has been an absolute pleasure, especially in the early period of the development where I was going through tough times, and Radiant and Game Development in general helped me find purpose and a new lease of life. It was also an excellent project to undertake while we were all locked away in 2020 during COVID!
    I had the idea in late 2020 to rebuild the game from the ground up, and release v5, which would fix all of the bugs that have been affecting the game (and the back of my mind!) for over two years now. It was also going to make the game better, more streamlined, and more centralised and everything else.
    However, as each month passed and the pandemic lifted, life got in the way. I was always motivated to continue developing and rebuilding the game, but it was at a snail's pace. Other projects and interests took over, and soon it became apparent that I would have to put aside a lot of time in order to undertake this task.
    Now, it has become apparent that I will never be able to set aside that time, and have the motivation to make v5 in the form that I envisaged, at least not for a long time. I have considered it greatly, and it is time for me to stop lying to myself and any keen players waiting for v5.
    So, I will not be developing or working on Radiant Version v5.
    However, there is some good news. I am deeply uncomfortable with leaving some of these sometimes game breaking bugs as they are, and I have a spare copy of v4.1. I will fix all the bugs that have been reported to me (That I can see) from the last two years, and then release v4.2. I will make a few alterations, but not build it from the ground up like I have planned, and actually spent quite a bit of time on. I am hoping to get this out before the end of 2022.
    Again, this is not a decision that I have made lightly. I may work on Radiant again, but I want to do it at my own pace, and not with game breaking bugs in the latest version of the game. I apolgise to any players who were keen to play the improved v5.
    I will also release some of the proposed scripts for v5, as well as some current ones from v4, as it is a little selfish of me to keep my genius ideas to myself!
    This does not affect my other fangame, Pokemon Fantasy Version, which is a much smaller game, and a lot more manageable for me, and a lot less buggy!
    Thanks for all the support and downloads over the years, I am immensly grateful!
    Much love,
    Swdfm

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    thats good to hear, this game has been on my mind lately and we'll wait and see where things go

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    But will the unavailable gen 8 mons become available in 4.2?
    if not, the bad outweighs the good imo... but you do you

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Bladeheart111x. The view is to have all Pokemon from Sword and Shield in v4.2 (So the two wolves, Eternatus and the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra content) but not anything from PLA. So, everything that was in the game a year ago.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I really hope the double screen thing is fixed or someone fixes it. I can't remember what the issue was exactly but the resolution/screen size thing was all off when trying to play on joiplay.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well, after nearly 2 years, I have managed to release v4.2 way ahead of schedule!
    It should be the same as v4.1, except without all of the bugs, and with the addition of the rest of Gen 8 without PLA Pokemon.
    However, if there are any sneaky bugs that have snuck in there, let me know and I will release a patch!
    Anyway, the download is on Page 1 as usual!
    Enjoy playing!
    Swdfm

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    In the Quest menu, an error message appears after selecting any of the options avaliable.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    In the Quest menu, an error message appears after selecting any of the options avaliable.

Spoiler:

This has been fixed in the new patch 4.2.1. I'd recommend joining their discord and reporting any bugs, dev seems friendly and committed and fixed this as soon as I reported it.

Game is looking great at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    The game crashes and closes any time I interact with a shopkeeper. Still in Rojosa. Is this a bug or something I can fix?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I still kinda wish we had a location guide document but I at least remember where a number of pokemon are aside from that even after almost two years.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I didnt realize there was a guide link until after I posted my bad XP

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question on the Liberti forms; do they have altered stats these days or do they remain the same like they did before? I ask since in some cases it might be a good way to differentiate them to have different stats on some of them. Best example might be with Golduck, since the standard form is ok as is, being capable of a wide variety of sets, but a liberti golduck might be good for a more specialized set (dedicated physical sweeper for example) especially depending on its ability after the change. If not thats ok, I wanted to ask if there has been more done with liberti forms since I last checked on the game

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry to take so long to get back, I'm not on here often!
    @looneyman1 I don't think much changed with Liberti forms between 2020 and 2022
    @RagnarokWar Both those questions should be answered in the guide downloadable from page 1. It is almost all Pokemon from Gens 1 to 8 at the moment

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hey! I need help with the Challenge Hall 5 puzzle. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to solve the ice skating puzzle. Can someone please help me! Preferably with the correct sequence of <^v> (arrows) to solve this puzzle. Thank you!

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Okay, I found the guide and managed to complete the challenge hall 5 puzzle. I'd like to request that maybe for the other challenge halls with difficult puzzles, a visual guide be created. Right now, I'm stuck on the puzzles for challenge hall 6. I've managed to complete 2 of them quite easily, but I've been stuck for the past 2 hours on the other ones and cannot for the life of me figure them out! Can someone please create a visual guide with steps on how to complete the puzzles for challenge hall 6? Thank you!

Days
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    The game has no controller support? What a terrible oversight. Who wants to play a Pokemon game using a keyboard? So now we can't have this game hooked up to a TV and be able to sit down and chill while we play. Instead, you have tp have a fuckin keyboard on your lap with your laptop all up close. Pretty bad

Back